Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Civil Service Performance Bonus (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1235-civil-service-performance-bonus.html)

Unregistered 29-09-2019 03:30 PM

Aed scheme

Anyone familiar with AED scheme?

I entered with a masters and a FCH degree as an AED13

2016 aed13 C 4.1k
2017 aed12 C+ 4.4k
2018 aed12 C 4.6k
2019 aed12 grade not know yet but maybe C or C+ 4.9k

Can anyone advise on the trajectory? How long will i stay as aed12? I think i am working pretty hard already, what can i do to move myself faster along the ladder?

Unregistered 30-09-2019 12:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 123747)
Anyone familiar with AED scheme?

I entered with a masters and a FCH degree as an AED13

2016 aed13 C 4.1k
2017 aed12 C+ 4.4k
2018 aed12 C 4.6k
2019 aed12 grade not know yet but maybe C or C+ 4.9k

Can anyone advise on the trajectory? How long will i stay as aed12? I think i am working pretty hard already, what can i do to move myself faster along the ladder?

AED = allied educator?

no offence but if it's rly allied educator, then u kana shortchange. with a FCH, u can easily be on a MOE teaching scholarship or at least a teacher with the potential/CEP to be a HOD in the future.

Zafuer2311 10-11-2019 08:42 AM

Uni grad who is working at 1 of the Ministries here. Got a C- for my performance this year, and my contract wasn't renewed either. Anyone knows how bad a C- is?? Wanna enter the civil service again in the future, would it be possible with a C-? Default grade is a C so I know it's below average but that's about it...

Unregistered 10-11-2019 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zafuer2311 (Post 124900)
Uni grad who is working at 1 of the Ministries here. Got a C- for my performance this year, and my contract wasn't renewed either. Anyone knows how bad a C- is?? Wanna enter the civil service again in the future, would it be possible with a C-? Default grade is a C so I know it's below average but that's about it...

You must have done badly for that to happen. But all is not lost. There have been instances of staff who got let go for performance issues finding work at other Ministries/ stat boards. Good luck.

Zafuer2311 11-11-2019 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 124903)
You must have done badly for that to happen. But all is not lost. There have been instances of staff who got let go for performance issues finding work at other Ministries/ stat boards. Good luck.

Really, thanks a lot for your encouragement! Yes, I do hope I will be able to find another civil service job next time.

Unregistered 11-11-2019 10:12 PM

Quote:

Were you on emplacement scheme after 1st year. Not getting emplaced is almost unheard of.

Unregistered 11-11-2019 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 123754)
AED = allied educator?

no offence but if it's rly allied educator, then u kana shortchange. with a FCH, u can easily be on a MOE teaching scholarship or at least a teacher with the potential/CEP to be a HOD in the future.

Allied educator is mainly to help children in mainstream schools with special needs.

Very noble but thankless job.

pokimonred 12-11-2019 02:07 PM

Sidetrack a bit. Just made a quick poll on year-end bonus. Lai lai take your pick:

"How much do you think the civil servant year-end bonus will be?"

http://www.strawpoll.me/18929045

Zafuer2311 12-11-2019 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 124945)
Were you on emplacement scheme after 1st year. Not getting emplaced is almost unheard of.

I think that would depend on the ministry you are in... I think mine takes a more 'wait and see approach'. I know 2 uni grads/diploma holders from my department who entered the same time I did (same scheme different ranks), and none of us were converted into perm staff after our 1st year.

Unregistered 13-11-2019 08:42 PM

Quote:

I am also a uni grad who got a first job in 1 of the Ministries. Please don't mind me asking but, do you perhaps know why you were given C-? I am super worried that I will be given C- as well as I have been making a lot of mistakes when trying to do tasks...

Zafuer2311 14-11-2019 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 125020)
I am also a uni grad who got a first job in 1 of the Ministries. Please don't mind me asking but, do you perhaps know why you were given C-? I am super worried that I will be given C- as well as I have been making a lot of mistakes when trying to do tasks...

Yes, my superiors told me that I made some small mistakes, plus 1 of them was quite serious to them, hence the C-. I think it does depend on how strict your RO is; I managed to get an average grade last year with my former RO, but he was transferred this year and my new RO had much higher expectations.

I think you can try asking your RO what grade you will be getting (both my ROs told me mine). The default grade is a C, so I don't think you need to worry so much (especially since it's your first year and your superiors are much more likely to be lenient). You should be fine, best of luck!

Unregistered 14-11-2019 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zafuer2311 (Post 125036)
Yes, my superiors told me that I made some small mistakes, plus 1 of them was quite serious to them, hence the C-. I think it does depend on how strict your RO is; I managed to get an average grade last year with my former RO, but he was transferred this year and my new RO had much higher expectations.

I think you can try asking your RO what grade you will be getting (both my ROs told me mine). The default grade is a C, so I don't think you need to worry so much (especially since it's your first year and your superiors are much more likely to be lenient). You should be fine, best of luck!

To learn we must make mistakes. I think for first year should be grade free year. Grading only start at 2nd year of service. This encourage experimentation

Unregistered 14-11-2019 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zafuer2311 (Post 125036)

Hopefully! Hopefully it's a grade free year for me...
All the best to you too, and thank you for sharing

Unregistered 16-11-2019 09:02 PM

Was given a number of responsibilities this year and I think I have done them pretty well. However, it is my year of promotion, as such, I was told that I will be getting a C+. Not that bad, but I am wondering how likely it is for someone to go above a C+ grade in the year of promotion.

Unregistered 16-11-2019 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 125109)
Was given a number of responsibilities this year and I think I have done them pretty well. However, it is my year of promotion, as such, I was told that I will be getting a C+. Not that bad, but I am wondering how likely it is for someone to go above a C+ grade in the year of promotion.

Well I did get a B on the year of promotion so it's possible!

Unregistered 17-11-2019 12:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zafuer2311 (Post 124986)
I think that would depend on the ministry you are in... I think mine takes a more 'wait and see approach'. I know 2 uni grads/diploma holders from my department who entered the same time I did (same scheme different ranks), and none of us were converted into perm staff after our 1st year.

If they aren't emplacing you means there's insufficient perm headcount estab?

Otherwise, who will be doing the work that you are currently doing?

Zafuer2311 21-11-2019 03:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 125111)
If they aren't emplacing you means there's insufficient perm headcount estab?

Otherwise, who will be doing the work that you are currently doing?

Yup, there's insufficient staff where I am from. My bosses are in the midst of interviewing potential candidates to take my place (possibly someone with more job experience), but there's no telling when they will find anyone suitable. So my colleagues will temporarily take over my work for now.

New Servant 02-12-2019 10:58 PM

Eligible for Mar PB?

Hi if I join in Jan will I be able entitled to pro rated PB in Mar the same year? Thanks in advance.

Unregistered 02-12-2019 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by New Servant (Post 126722)
Hi if I join in Jan will I be able entitled to pro rated PB in Mar the same year? Thanks in advance.

The pb is for the work done in the year before.

Unregistered 07-12-2019 01:07 AM

Performance Bonus

Does anyone knows how much a Sg Public MSO4 officer gets for his Performance Bonus if he has a C Grading for his performance appraisal ?

Unregistered 07-12-2019 08:35 AM

Just wonder if C grade is the norm? I'm in my third year and so far I have gotten A twice

Unregistered 07-12-2019 04:30 PM

MSO scheme PB

Anyone here who is from the MSO (Management Support Officer) scheme ? Any ideas what a MSO4 (or higher) officer will get for his PB with a C or B grading in his performance appraisal?

Tks.

Unregistered 09-01-2020 09:16 PM

Bump for yearly discussion

Unregistered 10-01-2020 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 126945)
Just wonder if C grade is the norm? I'm in my third year and so far I have gotten A twice

Are you that ignorant or acting humble? Anyway your A will not be long-lived.

Unregistered 10-01-2020 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 126945)

Wow. Perm sec calibre

Unregistered 11-01-2020 12:32 AM

Performance Bonus Quantum

Do note, quantum will be low this year.

Unregistered 13-01-2020 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 127984)
Do note, quantum will be low this year.

Any idea how much lower?

Unregistered 13-01-2020 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 128024)
Any idea how much lower?

0.8 i presume!

Unregistered 13-01-2020 12:04 PM

If we compared the bonus rate for C grade to EOY bonus. I think this year perf bonus should fixed at 0.1 or 0.2.

Source: just self thinking

Unregistered 13-01-2020 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 128027)
If we compared the bonus rate for C grade to EOY bonus. I think this year perf bonus should fixed at 0.1 or 0.2.

I would think 0.5 is more equitable.

Unregistered 13-01-2020 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 128027)

Ouch. That would be really painful.

Unregistered 18-01-2020 01:01 PM

Quick qn. If i resign say late feb or early march, will i still get my PB for this year? If not, till when should i stay?

Unregistered 18-01-2020 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 128163)
Quick qn. If i resign say late feb or early march, will i still get my PB for this year? If not, till when should i stay?

I think once they announce pb and pb credited to your account. U can serve notice and resign.

So for three months notice about June?

But pb is quite sad. Generally abt two months. If u got a nice job offer now just jump.

Unregistered 18-01-2020 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 128164)
I think once they announce pb and pb credited to your account. U can serve notice and resign.

But pb is quite sad. Generally abt two months. If u got a nice job offer now just jump.

2 months PB is considered sad?

Unregistered 18-01-2020 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 128164)

I am wondering if there is a need to wait till pb credited. Can't i give a 1 month notice in feb and serve a little bit past the day when pb is credited?

Unregistered 18-01-2020 05:16 PM

The moment you resign without the PB being credited to your account the PB is forfeited. Even one day before also forfeited.

Unregistered 18-01-2020 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 128168)
The moment you resign without the PB being credited to your account the PB is forfeited. Even one day before also forfeited.

You mean resign as in terminate service and not tender right? As long as i am in service i get the PB, if i understand u correctly?

Unregistered 18-01-2020 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 128170)
You mean resign as in terminate service and not tender right? As long as i am in service i get the PB, if i understand u correctly?

Those serving notice will not be entitled to pb.

Is the two months salary worth your better prospect pre sector?

I say either forgo pb, just jump.
Or take pb and serve notice after pb is in it bank account

Unregistered 18-01-2020 06:34 PM

So all in all, how much bonus will an average performing civil servant get for the whole of 2019?

Unregistered 18-01-2020 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 128172)
So all in all, how much bonus will an average performing civil servant get for the whole of 2019?

2months sound reasonable