Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Civil Service Performance Bonus (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1235-civil-service-performance-bonus.html)

Unregistered 06-03-2022 12:20 PM

Does anyone know when is promotion announced? In my previous ministry, it is announced on 1 Mar, but this current ministry doesn’t announce promo so early. Any idea why? Is it because they worry people gonna appeal or something?

Unregistered 06-03-2022 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 206517)
I’m doing a lot more than my current KPI and my RO said that I need to take up managing role of the extra things I’m doing. In a way he’s helping me to get promoted so my work is justified as my original JD did not include all those that I’m doing after I got hired and after this nearly 3 years on the job and my work he said he will put up a formal request to management to get my promoted.

U need to ask around and check with the HR for the current job grade u doing what is the grade ceiling? If grade ceiling is Mx13i and if u are not posting to other place, means no promotion for u. Just take it with a pinch of salt. RO they promise u the sky in the end never promote u end up disappointed. Many people kena. They want give u hope but no promises. Another way is u stay in ur current position and they promote ur currwnt post to AM (which is unlikely)

Unregistered 06-03-2022 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 206529)
U need to ask around and check with the HR for the current job grade u doing what is the grade ceiling? If grade ceiling is Mx13i and if u are not posting to other place, means no promotion for u. Just take it with a pinch of salt. RO they promise u the sky in the end never promote u end up disappointed. Many people kena. They want give u hope but no promises. Another way is u stay in ur current position and they promote ur currwnt post to AM (which is unlikely)

You mean there is a grade ceiling for all position in CS ?? Am I correct to say when the grade ceiling is reached, there will be no more chances to promote to the next grade unless you are offered and take up new position in a different league ie From Executive to Management. Anyone knows what’s the grade ceiling for AE (Admin Executive) working in Ministries ?

Unregistered 06-03-2022 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 206542)
You mean there is a grade ceiling for all position in CS ?? Am I correct to say when the grade ceiling is reached, there will be no more chances to promote to the next grade unless you are offered and take up new position in a different league ie From Executive to Management. Anyone knows what’s the grade ceiling for AE (Admin Executive) working in Ministries ?

Yes of course there is a grade ceiling in your current post. If u stay in your current post forever, how to rise up to a higher position, e.g Assistant Director, Director. Meaning ur current mx13i post is max for executive only. U want higher role like manager or AD need to go other place.

This is where the CEP comes into play. "The highest appointment that one can holds before he or she retires." Grade ceiling for AE i think is mx13i or mx14. You should be able to know from your past working experience there. If maximum mx13i, and only diploma, means its a non-degree role. If assistant manager requires u be MX12 at least, then its for degree holders.

Unregistered 06-03-2022 04:39 PM

Thank you for sharing. I only replied you once and after that the other 2 response was not by me, just fyi only. But I’m glad that people ask questions and getting your response is much appreciated. Noted all the information well. Once again, thank you.

Unregistered 07-03-2022 01:02 AM

Just informed by my RO , I gotten a B for last yr hard work. No news of promotion yet, probably by April then release to us.

Kensai 07-03-2022 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 206136)
Hello guys

After seeing the different posts and thread
Being new to CS I’m abit confused

I’m asking just for MHA/Uniform Group in particular for the MX scheme
Is it different as compared to other agencies

What people told me was
Mar - PB
June - Promotion and Merit Increment

What I see here is
Mar - PB and Promotion
Apr - Merit Increment

Which is which ?

I think there are different timelines for different ministries. For MHA, you are right we are a bit slower.

Pb in end Mar
Promotion ceremony around early May
Then the Increment I.e. New salary kicks in only from Jun.

Unregistered 07-03-2022 09:49 AM

what is the pay increment for MX12B to MX13?

Unregistered 07-03-2022 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 206652)
what is the pay increment for MX12B to MX13?

Sorry mx12b to mx13?

Unregistered 07-03-2022 09:51 AM

MX12B to MX11A you mean?