Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Civil Service Performance Bonus (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1235-civil-service-performance-bonus.html)

Unregistered 21-11-2011 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 18269)
when r they gonna announce EOY bonus ??

last year it was 13th mth + 1 mth (GDP growth was a staggering 14.5%)

this year's growth expected to be only 5%. arghhhh..... hope we can still get 13th mth + 0.5 mth !!!!

fat hope. with the MAS and deputy PM already hinting a severe downturn, civil service top brass wouldn't want to send a contradictory signal by giving out any bonus. it's how they work. haven't you noticed?

i predict ST will publish many articles talking about a looming deep recession.

Unregistered 21-11-2011 07:09 PM

hmm.. but isn't EOY bonus also dependent on the past year's economic performance? of course the bad forecast will be taken into consideration but I think all in all the bonus should be decent. next year's will be quite bad though...

Unregistered 22-11-2011 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 18279)
hmm.. but isn't EOY bonus also dependent on the past year's economic performance? of course the bad forecast will be taken into consideration but I think all in all the bonus should be decent. next year's will be quite bad though...

the 5% forecast shld be rather accurate as we already 3Qs' worth of data.

does anyone have the pre-2009 figures?

Unregistered 22-11-2011 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 18295)
the 5% forecast shld be rather accurate as we already 3Qs' worth of data.

does anyone have the pre-2009 figures?

2007 n 2008 bonus figures r probably good yardsticks

GDP growth was 8.8% and 1.5% respectively, so if u avg the bonus figures in those yrs, u can probably get a reasonable estimate of this year's figure

Unregistered 22-11-2011 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 18297)
2007 n 2008 bonus figures r probably good yardsticks

GDP growth was 8.8% and 1.5% respectively, so if u avg the bonus figures in those yrs, u can probably get a reasonable estimate of this year's figure

do you have the 2008 bonus figures?

Bean 22-11-2011 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 18300)
do you have the 2008 bonus figures?

FY2008

July
AVC = 0.5 month + $100

Dec
NPAA or AWS = 1 month
AVC = 0.5 month

2008APR = PB = not included here

Unregistered 23-11-2011 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bean (Post 18306)
FY2008

July
AVC = 0.5 month + $100

Dec
NPAA or AWS = 1 month
AVC = 0.5 month

2008APR = PB = not included here

thanks so much Bean.

i think we can expect 13th mth + 0.5 mth this year since GDP growth (2011) > GDP growth (2008)

Unregistered 23-11-2011 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 18337)
thanks so much Bean.

i think we can expect 13th mth + 0.5 mth this year since GDP growth (2011) > GDP growth (2008)

i'm guessing everyone will just get 13th month... dun have too high hopes... they are trying to cast a gloomy picture of the economy in the papers and on news...

Unregistered 23-11-2011 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 18340)
i'm guessing everyone will just get 13th month... dun have too high hopes... they are trying to cast a gloomy picture of the economy in the papers and on news...

Everyone except the top guys - ministers and perm secs. If you don't pay them well, they will up stakes and join the likes of Morgan Stanley and Lehman Brothers... oh wait, Lehman is no longer around haha.

Unregistered 24-11-2011 02:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 18347)
Everyone except the top guys - ministers and perm secs. If you don't pay them well, they will up stakes and join the likes of Morgan Stanley and Lehman Brothers... oh wait, Lehman is no longer around haha.

Yup.. In Singapore... The money always flows upwards.. Pity those poor people stuck at the bottom rungs in society... Slogging their whole lives away only receiving a miserable penance for their life... Wait a minute.. I'm one of them... #$%@%!!

Unregistered 24-11-2011 11:58 AM

"Sources said civil servants could be given an additional 0.75-month bonus plus a dollar quantum."

News of civil service bonus expected soon - Channel NewsAsia

Unregistered 24-11-2011 05:34 PM

"Singapore's 65,000 civil servants will get a 0.75-month of year-end Annual Variable Component (AVC) in December.

Together with the one-month Non-Pensionable Annual Allowance (NPAA), also commonly referred to as the 13th-month payment, the total year-end payment is 1.75 months, says the Public Service Division.

Civil servants received a mid-year AVC of 0.5-month and a one-off dollar quantum of S$250 in July."

-CNA

Unregistered 24-11-2011 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 18271)
fat hope. with the MAS and deputy PM already hinting a severe downturn, civil service top brass wouldn't want to send a contradictory signal by giving out any bonus. it's how they work. haven't you noticed?

i predict ST will publish many articles talking about a looming deep recession.

u must feel pretty silly now eh

chuayc 24-11-2011 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 18360)
u must feel pretty silly now eh

haha! Don't need to rub it in!

Anw, I expect a wave of bitching about how it is unfair and gross that civil servants should even be getting any year-end bonuses because of the bleak economic outlook blah blah..

I think these people will only be satisfied if all civil servants draw like $1.5k p.m. and only get 0.5 month's bonus once every ten years or something.

I expect a low bonus this year but I am not complaining because there have been years in which I received much higher bonuses than my friends in public service. This year it's their turn to laugh. haha! In life, one must give and take...

Unregistered 24-11-2011 06:50 PM

I think many people in private sector get more than 3 months this year. Go and see how you stack up against the rest.

Civil Service Bonus end-2011 | Salary.sg - Your Salary in Singapore

Unregistered 24-11-2011 09:12 PM

They shouldn't get more months than bankers

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 18364)
I think many people in private sector get more than 3 months this year. Go and see how you stack up against the rest.

Civil Service Bonus end-2011 | Salary.sg - Your Salary in Singapore

Unregistered 24-11-2011 10:53 PM

[QUOTE=Unregistered;18365]They shouldn't get more months than banker

Anybody also should get more than banker

Unregistered 25-11-2011 12:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chuayc (Post 18362)
haha! Don't need to rub it in!

Anw, I expect a wave of bitching about how it is unfair and gross that civil servants should even be getting any year-end bonuses because of the bleak economic outlook blah blah..

I think these people will only be satisfied if all civil servants draw like $1.5k p.m. and only get 0.5 month's bonus once every ten years or something.

I expect a low bonus this year but I am not complaining because there have been years in which I received much higher bonuses than my friends in public service. This year it's their turn to laugh. haha! In life, one must give and take...

Those jokers think every civil servant / public servant is a superscale officer drawing 5 digits a month. They forget that there are more of those support officers who barely make 2-3k per month.

Unregistered 25-11-2011 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 18368)
Those jokers think every civil servant / public servant is a superscale officer drawing 5 digits a month. They forget that there are more of those support officers who barely make 2-3k per month.

The ministers made it seem that everyone is making millions in the civil service. Go talk to your boss.

Unregistered 01-12-2011 11:52 PM

if i have joined a stat board for less then 3 months for year 2011, will i be entitled to pro-rated pb in Apr?

Unregistered 02-12-2011 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 18557)
if i have joined a stat board for less then 3 months for year 2011, will i be entitled to pro-rated pb in Apr?

yes

it's a good thing since usually 1st yearers get a default C grade

imagine u joined in jan, work like dog the whole year n still get a C lol

Unregistered 02-12-2011 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 18560)
yes

if you joined in Dec 2011 or Jan 2012 will you be graded or ranked for 2012? or will the default grade apply for 2012?

Unregistered 02-12-2011 07:24 PM

I am thinking of joining MOE as a school adminstrator, what is the career prospect and salary range? Can one expect to "jump" rank to vice principal if one progresses well? Thank you.
By the way I hold NUS social science degree, no honours, with merit. Worked 10 years in corporate as HR

Unregistered 02-12-2011 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 18560)
yes

even though i'm still under probation when pb is given out?

also, would like to check another thing. it was stated in the hr website that they will moderate our gradings. so that means there will definitely be ppl who will get a D grade due to moderation right? even though the person may actually meet expectations. and D grades are not entitled to any bonus at all? isn that very unfair?

Unregistered 03-12-2011 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 18565)
if you joined in Dec 2011 or Jan 2012 will you be graded or ranked for 2012? or will the default grade apply for 2012?

here's how it works in my agency:

if u join in dec 2011, u will be given a 'C' grade by default for yr 2011. Ie. ur PB given in April 2012 will be based on ur C grade pro-rated in accordance wif the no. of days of service in 2011

u start off wif a clean slate in 2012, so u will be subject to the full range of grades

Unregistered 03-12-2011 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 18572)
even though i'm still under probation when pb is given out?

also, would like to check another thing. it was stated in the hr website that they will moderate our gradings. so that means there will definitely be ppl who will get a D grade due to moderation right? even though the person may actually meet expectations. and D grades are not entitled to any bonus at all? isn that very unfair?

dunno abt urs, but my agency has no probation period. new hires r given a 1 yr contract when they first join

refer to my post above on perf grad for 1st yr.

y r u worried abt getting D ? you really hav to piss off ur bosses alot to get a D. besides, it's not clear wat % of pple get a D.

Unregistered 03-12-2011 12:24 PM

those dat hav been in the civil/public service for the past few yrs....

mind sharing ur PB in each yr/perf grade/officer level (MX12 etc)

is PB tied to GDP growth ?

Unregistered 03-12-2011 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 18585)
those dat hav been in the civil/public service for the past few yrs....

mind sharing ur PB in each yr/perf grade/officer level (MX12 etc)

is PB tied to GDP growth ?

Nope... PB is really tied to how much your boss likes you... everywhere it's the same... Hard work does not always equal to success...

Unregistered 06-12-2011 11:43 AM

Salary Issues

Hi there,

Just wanna enquire about pay date which my sister keep asking me.

She`s working in Civil Service sector recently and was very curious to ask since the pay date falls on Monday,when will she receive her salary? Is it Fri night? Or Sat night?

Thanks.

Unregistered 06-12-2011 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 18638)
Hi there,

Just wanna enquire about pay date which my sister keep asking me.

She`s working in Civil Service sector recently and was very curious to ask since the pay date falls on Monday,when will she receive her salary? Is it Fri night? Or Sat night?

Thanks.

Friday...haha....bonus rite?

Unregistered 06-12-2011 09:59 PM

Would it be unfair for an officer who joined an org in late Jan 2011 to be ranked with others who have been around in jan 2012? Considering the period of e new officer is slightly shorter than the others.

cslee 06-12-2011 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 18596)
Nope... PB is really tied to how much your boss likes you... everywhere it's the same... Hard work does not always equal to success...

Not just how much you "suck" up to your boss. Even if your boss gave his heart to you, he'll still be "steam-rolled" over when another more influential boss "fight" for his "pets" during the ranking exercise. So, you've to "choose" the "right" boss as well. :eek:

Unregistered 07-12-2011 12:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cslee (Post 18659)
Not just how much you "suck" up to your boss. Even if your boss gave his heart to you, he'll still be "steam-rolled" over when another more influential boss "fight" for his "pets" during the ranking exercise. So, you've to "choose" the "right" boss as well. :eek:

Nope.. the employee don't get to choose the boss they want... Most of the time, it's the boss that choose who they want to work for them...

Unregistered 07-12-2011 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 18655)
Friday...haha....bonus rite?

ya! she cant wait for shopping...lol!

thanks..

hengzai 07-12-2011 09:47 PM

13th month bonus or not bonus

Hi all,
i am a civil servant... i am not entitled for the civil servant 1.75 bonus for this coming Dec payday.

But is there any chance i will get the 13th month pay as i have worked for the whole year in 2011???

As my understanding is that the 13th month is included in the calender year 2011.

Still confused if i am entitled to the 13th month. If it is my rights, den i shd get it. If it is bonus i shd not get it.

Anyone can advise??? Many thanks.

Bean 07-12-2011 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hengzai (Post 18692)
Hi all,
i am a civil servant... i am not entitled for the civil servant 1.75 bonus for this coming Dec payday.

But is there any chance i will get the 13th month pay as i have worked for the whole year in 2011???

As my understanding is that the 13th month is included in the calender year 2011.

Still confused if i am entitled to the 13th month. If it is my rights, den i shd get it. If it is bonus i shd not get it.

Anyone can advise??? Many thanks.

Since you have work for the whole of 2011, you should have been given the 1.75mth bonus.

So did you received the july bonus payout of 0.5 month + $250?, If yes, you should also getting the 1.75mth bonus too in Dec

hengzai 08-12-2011 07:09 AM

The problem is that i didnt get July one... Guess there is nothing for me in Dec... Thanks for the advice...

Unregistered 08-12-2011 07:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hengzai (Post 18699)
The problem is that i didnt get July one... Guess there is nothing for me in Dec... Thanks for the advice...

Should get pro-rated bonus in Dec if not wrong.....

Unregistered 08-12-2011 08:39 AM

Can go cheCk ur Payslip Liao......

hengzai 08-12-2011 12:01 PM

Juz check le... No bonus for me... due to a reason i cant print here... they said they holding on to it... once resolved will give me bk everything... chances they would not give anything to me in the end... out of my control... congrats to all civil servants who will enjoy their bonus... cheer up for those who did not get... looking forward to 2012 :)