Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Civil Service Performance Bonus (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1235-civil-service-performance-bonus.html)

Unregistered 18-03-2021 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 159641)
How much % is the cut? Or ir goes by number?

approx 5pct.

Unregistered 18-03-2021 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 159643)
Don't know the quantum but was told I have a C even though was rated B as just promoted. Very depressed and feel like quitting.

So you got B or C this year? When you get promoted?

Unregistered 18-03-2021 09:05 AM

Quote:

Don't know the quantum but was told I have a C even though was rated B as just promoted. Very depressed and feel like quitting.

likely a crowded space in your current grade hence they have pegged you at the rear.

what is your current grade? you should ask you boss who is the highest ranked in your current grade. that will give you a sensing if you are fairly or unfairly graded

Unregistered 18-03-2021 09:08 AM

Quote:

This is normal.. this is what i have to tell my staff too, regardless of their performance. The assumption that a normal employee will not be able to perform your new expanded duties beyond expectations on the 1st year after promo.

Unregistered 18-03-2021 09:08 AM

Quote:

there are limited Bs in every grade (well the money pot is limited). if pegged against the rest of the same Bs in the grade, the ranking board will have to push the lower Bs downwards

Unregistered 18-03-2021 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 159647)
This is normal.. this is what i have to tell my staff too, regardless of their performance. The assumption that a normal employee will not be able to perform your new expanded duties beyond expectations on the 1st year after promo.

sometimes employee forget that once promoted, they are now ranked against a different group of people.

some promotees in the junior grades may be able to perform well at their current tasks but was not given much expansion according to their new grade hence they will be handicapped too

Unregistered 18-03-2021 09:14 AM

Quote:

hey, last year i was rated B by division but ended up c+ on my first year after promo. the boss shared with me the Bs in the same grade as me so its a case of tough competition at my grade.

Unregistered 18-03-2021 09:16 AM

💪 thats one of the reason the bonus quantum gets larger as the grades goes higher. it becomes harder to get a higher banding at the grades.

Unregistered 18-03-2021 09:28 AM

Ya the higher grade you go the more difficult it is to get better grades! Also bigger responsibility.

Unregistered 18-03-2021 09:35 AM

i have alot of colleagues claim they 'did this project' 'lead this project' 'lead that project' etc for that promotion...

then once promoted... guess what...

they stopped 'leading' or 'doing the work' cause they know won't have another promotion after promotion... so they end up doing less.