Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Civil Service Performance Bonus (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1235-civil-service-performance-bonus.html)

Unregistered 16-03-2021 07:48 AM

Fake news.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 159290)
Got notified by my boss that PB across the board got lowered this year. FYI all :((

Unregistered 16-03-2021 08:16 AM

How can you tell that it is fake?

Unregistered 16-03-2021 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 159331)

i agree is fake news also.
not because whether there is cut or no cut. it is because NO ONE will know except the super top people.
unless the poster alone is D level and he / she report to C lvl, PS or Min

Unregistered 16-03-2021 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 159332)
not because whether there is cut or no cut. it is because NO ONE will know except the super top people.

I thought civil servant work so hard, entitled to bonus but got so much free time to post in forum during office hours.

How ironic.

Unregistered 16-03-2021 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 159333)
I thought civil servant work so hard, entitled to bonus but got so much free time to post in forum during office hours.

How ironic.

You do consider that some of the posters might be on leave?
Some of us have a lot of annual leave accumulated, so it stands to reason that we can be on leave while posting here.

Unregistered 16-03-2021 08:55 AM

Because no one knows at this juncture, including HODs

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 159331)

Unregistered 16-03-2021 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 159332)

One thing I noticed about CS is the number of abbreviations used all around. How to keep up and remember all those...

Unregistered 16-03-2021 09:22 AM

Hi all,

Sry to ride on this post. Just need some advice since there's so many CS around :). I've been in the Pte sector (legal) for the past 15 yrs. Aged 40yo (F) now. If I jumped into govt sector now, will it be worth it? I mean are there still chances of getting promoted, pay increase and so forth. Wanna think long and hard before I make the move. Not even sure if they can match my current pay now. Don't have benefits (no bonuses) for now that's why considering jumping ship. Upside is my boss is very nice lah. Fyi, my highest qualification is a private diploma from MDIS (since I know govt sector rely strongly on our certificates obtained here). TIA.

Unregistered 16-03-2021 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 159341)
Hi all,

Sry to ride on this post. Just need some advice since there's so many CS around :). I've been in the Pte sector (legal) for the past 15 yrs. Aged 40yo (F) now. If I jumped into govt sector now, will it be worth it? I mean are there still chances of getting promoted, pay increase and so forth. Wanna think long and hard before I make the move. Not even sure if they can match my current pay now. Don't have benefits (no bonuses) for now that's why considering jumping ship. Upside is my boss is very nice lah. Fyi, my highest qualification is a private diploma from MDIS (since I know govt sector rely strongly on our certificates obtained here). TIA.

If you are not in a rush to leave current job, I would suggest getting some certifications.
Not hard to get and doesn't require the length of a master program.

This can increase your competitiveness.

That said, if there is a one year master program available and you have the fund for it, try to get one that is aligned with your target gov job.

These will put you in a strong position to get hired, negotiating salary, etc

Unregistered 16-03-2021 09:36 AM

Got an email from Director

MX11 C+, 2.3 months

Is this reduced from last year? Not sure as I was MX12 last year