Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Civil Service Performance Bonus (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1235-civil-service-performance-bonus.html)

Unregistered 28-10-2020 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 148252)
According to a Business Times article a couple of days back, SG might be experiencing a K shaped recovery where some industries/jobs continue to go down while others are recovering well or even growing.

Most of the deteriorating roles involve lower income positions. Most white collar roles have recovered or are doing fine because they can do work remotely.

In light of the above, it would be super unfair to force the entire service to follow the downtrending industries. If they do that, it would also cause the public service to be less competitive and out of line with the private sector equivalent which they like to benchmark themselves to.

no matter k/v/w/kawaii shape, look at gdp. gdp go down, means no bonus.

JustAnotherPrimaryTeacher 14-11-2020 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frainbreeze (Post 148229)
Not concerning about PB but will there be 13th month this coming December? Or we won't even get 13th month?

13th month is not Year-End Bonus. These are separate things. So definitely you will get the 13th month because it is given since the '13th month' is a result of the different number of work days for the months in the year.

As for the year-end bonus, pray.

Unregistered 14-11-2020 12:42 PM

arent u the guy who kept insisting there would be a pay cut? haha. Luckily there isnt.

Quote:

Originally Posted by JustAnotherPrimaryTeacher (Post 149134)
13th month is not Year-End Bonus. These are separate things. So definitely you will get the 13th month because it is given since the '13th month' is a result of the different number of work days for the months in the year.

As for the year-end bonus, pray.

JustAnotherPrimaryTeacher 14-11-2020 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 149139)
arent u the guy who kept insisting there would be a pay cut? haha. Luckily there isnt.

https://www.psd.gov.sg/press-room/pr...d%2Dyear%20AVC.

Err there was though.. At least I got a cut. Didn't you read the news? It's good that it didn't apply to everyone, but some of us got it.. thankfully it was just 1 month

Unregistered 14-11-2020 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JustAnotherPrimaryTeacher (Post 149140)
[s://.psd.gov.sg/press-room/press-releases/civil-service-mid-year-payments-2020#:~:text=No%20mid%2Dyear%20payment%20for,recei ve%20any%20mid%2Dyear%20AVC[/.

Err there was though.. At least I got a cut. Didn't you read the news? It's good that it didn't apply to everyone, but some of us got it.. thankfully it was just 1 month

you are in superscale?

Unregistered 14-11-2020 01:50 PM

AVS should be zero this year
To be fair to pte sector
We spend a lot of money bailing out local companies and business
As civil servants, not taking the AVS is the least we can do

Unregistered 14-11-2020 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 149144)
AVS should be zero this year
To be fair to pte sector
We spend a lot of money bailing out local companies and business
As civil servants, not taking the AVS is the least we can do

No logic. Civil servant money was used to bail out private businesses and a lot of them seemed to make a windfall out of the subsidies because they didn't need it to begin with (already profitable). Meanwhile poor persons like me making 4k a mth in the service are affected because I'm barely too "rich" to get help and too poor to afford anything other than a spartan existence of beans and rice bread and water!

Unregistered 14-11-2020 03:12 PM

firstly, u are not in superscale.

secondly, u are a troll.

thirdly, u are free to continue doing so in this forum. By all means.

Most importantly, most people dont get the paycut. Sorry for disappointing.

Quote:

Originally Posted by JustAnotherPrimaryTeacher (Post 149140)
[s://.psd.gov.sg/press-room/press-releases/civil-service-mid-year-payments-2020#:~:text=No%20mid%2Dyear%20payment%20for,recei ve%20any%20mid%2Dyear%20AVC[/.

Unregistered 14-11-2020 10:28 PM

AVS needs to be zero
Civil servants cannot be seen as uncaring to the masses
I bet avs will be zero.

Unregistered 14-11-2020 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 149147)
No logic. Civil servant money was used to bail out private businesses and a lot of them seemed to make a windfall out of the subsidies because they didn't need it to begin with (already profitable). Meanwhile poor persons like me making 4k a mth in the service are affected because I'm barely too "rich" to get help and too poor to afford anything other than a spartan existence of beans and rice bread and water!

You must be grateful.
At least u have beans and rice and bread
I have been eating wind for past six months