Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Finding a job and your salary (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/12207-finding-job-your-salary.html)

WendyGohxx 10-12-2019 11:47 AM

Finding a job and your salary

Hi all!

It seems like it is quite difficult to find a job right after graduating right? Can we share how long it took for you to find a job, the platform, the difficulty?

Do you state your expected salary to them or wait till the interview? Do you request an average salary of your industry or do you state higher?

Let us all help those in need!

Unregistered 10-12-2019 02:13 PM

You just graduated? What was your field of study? Need these info so that we can better advise u

Unregistered 10-12-2019 02:59 PM

easier to find a job if you go in with no expectations at all. my starting pay was 2.7k nia

WendyGohxx 10-12-2019 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 127043)
You just graduated? What was your field of study? Need these info so that we can better advise u

Hi! I just graduated with Diploma in IT. Currently would like to look for a full time job to gain experience!

WendyGohxx 10-12-2019 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 127047)
easier to find a job if you go in with no expectations at all. my starting pay was 2.7k nia

Hello! $2.7k with Degree or Diploma? How long did it take for you to find a job?

Unregistered 10-12-2019 09:36 PM

I graduated with a law degree several years ago. On my first year, my pay at a law firm was $500/mth (yes five hundred) due to an oversupply of law grads. I landed my job before graduation. Hope you will have an easier start than that.

WendyGohxx 11-12-2019 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 127060)
I graduated with a law degree several years ago. On my first year, my pay at a law firm was $500/mth (yes five hundred) due to an oversupply of law grads. I landed my job before graduation. Hope you will have an easier start than that.

Hi! Wow how many years ago was that? It's equivalent to intern allowance! Are you coping with it well now?

Im thinking of getting a job, probably in SME, to gain experience first before going to Uni. An Intern sounds good too.

Unregistered 12-12-2019 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WendyGohxx (Post 127078)
Hi! Wow how many years ago was that? It's equivalent to intern allowance! Are you coping with it well now?

Im thinking of getting a job, probably in SME, to gain experience first before going to Uni. An Intern sounds good too.

That was 5 yrs ago. I have since joined another industry with low but survivable pay. SMEs may give you good exposure on many fronts but usually when you are done learning the ropes, you'll find that progression is limited, so do be mindful!

Unregistered 21-02-2020 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 127102)
That was 5 yrs ago. I have since joined another industry with low but survivable pay. SMEs may give you good exposure on many fronts but usually when you are done learning the ropes, you'll find that progression is limited, so do be mindful!

Is this a standard in the law industry? Why is the pay so low

Unregistered 21-02-2020 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 127060)

Question is, did you grad from Local U/Ivy League?