Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Cybersecurity Salaries in Singapore feedbacks (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/12190-cybersecurity-salaries-singapore-feedbacks.html)

cybersec 05-12-2019 11:08 AM

Cybersecurity Salaries in Singapore feedbacks

Hi all

I'm currently employed as a senior cybersecurity analyst doing incident response, foreniscs and threat hunting. Experience 7 years. I hold the following certifications : GIAC GCIH, GREM and OSCP. I worked for multiple big companies in different sectors internationnaly. Speak 4 languages. Current salary: 7,3K. Package includes basic medical insurance and 15 days off.

I'm looking for feedback from cybersecurity professionals in order to plan my next move and be realistic about the financial package.

I appreciate your help

Kindest regards.

Unregistered 05-12-2019 01:27 PM

hahaha. is this a joke?

Unregistered 05-12-2019 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 126874)
hahaha. is this a joke?

Excuse me ?

Unregistered 06-12-2019 01:56 PM

Hi all

I'm currently employed as a senior cybersecurity analyst doing incident response, foreniscs and threat hunting. Experience 7 years. I hold the following certifications : GIAC GCIH, GREM and OSCP. I worked for multiple big companies in different sectors internationnaly. Speak 4 languages. Current salary: 7,3K. Package includes basic medical insurance and 15 days off.

I'm looking for feedback from cybersecurity professionals in order to plan my next move and be realistic about the financial package.

I appreciate your help

Kindest regards.

Unregistered 06-12-2019 02:00 PM

Do you have bonuses? If not I think you can ask for much more

Unregistered 08-12-2019 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cybersec (Post 126866)
Hi all

I appreciate your help

Kindest regards.

That's pretty low. Try a consultancy, probably can easily hit 9-12k range with your experience.

Unregistered 09-12-2019 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 126977)
That's pretty low. Try a consultancy, probably can easily hit 9-12k range with your experience.

I only have 4 years of experience , oscp cert, private sector , in house pen tester.

8.5k/mth , average 17 months, 21 days annual leave, small stock options , annual approx 150k.

cybersec 10-12-2019 03:00 PM

thank you for your feedback !

Unregistered 13-06-2020 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by huqdcn (Post 138049)
Back in 2000 when I was to chose between a career in It and one in the law enforcement I made a big mistake by choosing the latter. All this cyber security seemed like a joke to me, who would have imagine that it would be payed so well in a few years. I am retired now and am seriously considering to learn a little IT so I have what to do. It's not so great to be retired, after a few months you start to realize that you are not going anywhere. I started my learning with a training in cyber security at [URL="s://blueteam.academy/"]blueteam.academy[/.

Law enforcement is titanium ricebowl esp if you're with SPF, MHA.

owenrules 26-02-2021 01:03 PM

I really don't understand why you have such a small salary. Perhaps you have any bonuses or percentages from the work done? In this case, everything becomes clear, but if it is not, then you can safely ask for a salary increase of about 30%, if not more. First of all, it depends on how you do your job. I am not involved in cybersecurity, but I know from my experience that it is very difficult. To implement one of my projects, I simply needed to ensure security, but I could not do this on my own, so I had to turn to https://www.swiftcomm.co.uk/products/managed-it-services/cyber-essentials/ for help. It was thanks to them that I was able to make my project a reality. I hope you can also make a big salary a reality!