Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Civil Service Current Estimated Potential (CEP) (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1218-civil-service-current-estimated-potential-cep.html)

Unregistered 02-06-2022 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 220031)
WTF? Promotion once every 4 years?

Did this come as a pleasant surprise for you?

Or an awful shock?

Unregistered 02-06-2022 07:01 PM

Awful shock

Unregistered 03-06-2022 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 220045)
Awful shock

What were u expecting? Promo every 4 years is considered high flyer. Most ppl will only get promo 3-4 times in the whole life for civil service.

Unregistered 03-06-2022 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 220134)
What were u expecting? Promo every 4 years is considered high flyer. Most ppl will only get promo 3-4 times in the whole life for civil service.

Each promotion pay jump a lot?

Since an average employee may only receive 3 to 4 promotions in their entire career.

Unregistered 03-06-2022 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 220135)
Each promotion pay jump a lot?

Since an average employee may only receive 3 to 4 promotions in their entire career.

Won’t exceed 10% in year of promo.

Unregistered 29-06-2022 12:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 220148)
Won’t exceed 10% in year of promo.

Not true, mx11 to mx11a increment for me is more then 10%

Unregistered 29-06-2022 01:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 223745)
Not true, mx11 to mx11a increment for me is more then 10%

Whattt.. Mine wasn’t even close to 10% so sad

Unregistered 29-06-2022 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 223752)

promotion has two component merit and promo increment.

merit increment depends on the previous endorsed perf grade

Unregistered 06-07-2022 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 223752)

Mine only slightly more than 7%...

Unregistered 07-07-2022 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 224688)

Yah same here..

Unregistered 09-07-2022 08:41 AM

Mine was about 9%. Based on the trends of my increment during promo years, it's about MIx2 depending on where your salary is within the range. Nearer to ceiling will be lesser.

Unregistered 09-07-2022 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 224688)

Reduced as due to covid so lesser increment :(

Unregistered 10-07-2022 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 224897)
Reduced as due to covid so lesser increment :(

Means those promoted during last 2 years of covid lost out..

Unregistered 10-07-2022 01:06 PM

Able to share income ceiling for mx11 /11a?

Unregistered 10-07-2022 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 224951)
Able to share income ceiling for mx11 /11a?

why you think you deserve the ceiling

Unregistered 11-07-2022 04:08 PM

MX 11 Ceiling - 7110
MX 11 A Ceiling - 8555

Unregistered 22-07-2022 02:06 PM

Cep

Heard from a friend regarding CEP:

1) In some organizations, Performance Grade & Current Estimated Potential are two different things.

What does this mean?

- Depending on organisation, the two "B" grading to promote may not be true. Some organisations even give out "A" but however will NOT raise your CEP at all.
- CEP is afterall a measure of your competency. You can be damn good at your job and get an "A" grade, but if you are not competent, your CEP will not be raised.
- Just because your CEP is raised, does not mean you will get the job if someone above you does not leave. You will have to wait until a posting upstream is available.

Hope that clarifies things.

Unregistered 24-07-2022 09:00 PM

Who initiates a change in CEP? RO?

Unregistered 26-07-2022 10:46 AM

for mindef AM position, what mx issit? Anyone can share?

Unregistered 16-08-2022 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 226368)
for mindef AM position, what mx issit? Anyone can share?

They don’t use the mx scheme

Unregistered 22-09-2022 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 226280)
Who initiates a change in CEP? RO?

even change already hor
during board ranking exercise, fight within dept to justify the ranking
then inter dept/division within the same sub-group
then between different sub-groups

nvr ending one

Unregistered 22-09-2022 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 219951)
CEP stands for Current Estimated Potential and it is exactly as the words imply - how high are you estimated to be able to rise by X age (I've heard its 55, don't take my word for it). The CEP is reviewed year on year by your direct reporting officer who can make it higher or lower. But a lot of justification is required for big swings, so your reporting officer really has to go out of his/her way to push for you (and rightfully so, for the right talents).

So how that affects progression is, based on your CEP, your promotions tend to be spaced out by X age accordingly. E.g. if you have 5 ranks to climb in 20 years before X age, you will be promoted about once every 4 yours. Of course this isn't cast in stone, lots of other factors such availability of roles and of course individual performance comes into play.

Hope this helps.

CEP doesn't really matter for the majority that won't stay till 55. Nowadays, its alr considered very good if an employee stays for more than 3 to 4 years.

Unregistered 22-09-2022 02:30 PM

Does CEP even exist for diploma holder who enter statsboard?

Unregistered 22-09-2022 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 230970)

CEP exist for everyone even if you join as an ITE grad.

Unregistered 22-09-2022 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 231003)
CEP exist for everyone even if you join as an ITE grad.

how do you know your cep, is it first day of work? im joining stat board next month end

Unregistered 22-09-2022 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 231010)
how do you know your cep, is it first day of work? im joining stat board next month end

CEP is not supposed to be known to the employee. Think about it:

High CEP employee knows CEP is high:
- Get complacent since will get promoted quickly anyway
- Jealousy among colleagues

Low CEP employee knows CEP is low:
- No motivation to perform since won't get promoted

Unregistered 23-09-2022 10:05 PM

So who knows my CEP? My RO?

Unregistered 24-09-2022 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 231071)
So who knows my CEP? My RO?

more likely than not, HR would already have the CEP of the post tt u r applying for or are already engaged for.

RO may know becos need to have some basis to fight/justify in the annual ranking exercise whh will well decide if u get your MI or even PB

Unregistered 25-09-2022 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 230970)

it does.

what make u think CEP is only for degree / masters pple?

Unregistered 25-09-2022 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 231174)
more likely than not, HR would already have the CEP of the post tt u r applying for or are already engaged for.

RO may know becos need to have some basis to fight/justify in the annual ranking exercise whh will well decide if u get your MI or even PB

CEP is not tied to the post. CEP is tied to the individual.

In any case, CEP has been phased out as of this year. The new term is Leadership Potential (LP). This means that only people who have been identified as future leaders/directors will have a LP ranking (in Ministries, this means LP 9 and above).

The good news (or bad for some) is that promotions are no longer tied to time-norms. That is to say, you can't farm and expect to be promoted in X number of years. A greater emphasis will be placed on meritocracy in a sense.

Unregistered 25-09-2022 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 231196)

In any case, CEP has been phased out as of this year. The new term is Leadership Potential (LP). This means that only people who have been identified as future leaders/directors will have a LP ranking (in Ministries, this means LP 9 and above).

The good news (or bad for some) is that promotions are no longer tied to time-norms. That is to say, you can't farm and expect to be promoted in X number of years. A greater emphasis will be placed on meritocracy in a sense.

total phased out?
u sure?

Unregistered 25-09-2022 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 231196)

How to check my LP?

Unregistered 25-09-2022 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 231197)
total phased out?
u sure?

If you have had the opportunity to sit in the most recent ranking session for 2022, you would know this to be true. I have heard the same from others within Ministries - caveat, I don't know if it applies to statboards but they generally take alignment from Ministries.

To the question on how one knows their LP, the short answer is you don't and you won't know unless your RO chooses to tell you. You can also ask your RO, who can choose to let you know.

There is also an indirect way - most LP 9 and above tend to be placed on schemes within their own Ministries which generally involved being stretched and rotated. That's when you know.

Unregistered 25-09-2022 12:16 PM

change soup but dont change base? so now can ji siao moi silver serpent friends and ask how big is their lanpa? haha

Unregistered 26-09-2022 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 231206)
If you have had the opportunity to sit in the most recent ranking session for 2022, you would know this to be true. I have heard the same from others within Ministries - caveat, I don't know if it applies to statboards but they generally take alignment from Ministries.

To the question on how one knows their LP, the short answer is you don't and you won't know unless your RO chooses to tell you. You can also ask your RO, who can choose to let you know.

There is also an indirect way - most LP 9 and above tend to be placed on schemes within their own Ministries which generally involved being stretched and rotated. That's when you know.

thanks for the insight!

Unregistered 26-09-2022 08:32 PM

Quote:

nah i kacang puteh
won't have such privilege to know such info

Unregistered 27-09-2022 01:00 AM

Quote:

It also has got to do with your Lam pa. Those with bigger Lam pa will get into LP scheme.

My friend with big lam pa got LP20

Unregistered 27-09-2022 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 231319)
It also has got to do with your Lam pa. Those with bigger Lam pa will get into LP scheme.

My friend with big lam pa got LP20

Lol…u and your friend all in jail getting LP la….
All these talks useless de….doubt any directors in this forum….

Unregistered 07-04-2023 08:06 PM

Anyone knows what’s the default CEP for local Uni grad with good honours ? Is it mx10 aka sure reach this grade as long as stay long enough?

Unregistered 07-04-2023 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 245609)
Anyone knows what’s the default CEP for local Uni grad with good honours ? Is it mx10 aka sure reach this grade as long as stay long enough?

care to define what is meant by good honours?

FCH?
2nd upper?