Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Civil Service Current Estimated Potential (CEP) (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1218-civil-service-current-estimated-potential-cep.html)

Unregistered 04-04-2022 12:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 212070)
During work review, my boss felt that im capable of contributing more than just an AD (i think thats the default CEP).

Does that mean that i have a chance to up my CEP?

Your boss is telling you to do more, do better, and ONLY when you proved yourself, then got chance to up your CEP.

Unregistered 04-04-2022 12:33 PM

yup the usual sweet talk. nothing is real until you see it

Unregistered 30-04-2022 05:13 PM

Im in a SB, scholar and 1st class from local u. any idea what my cep would be? what would the cep affect?

Unregistered 30-04-2022 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 216368)
Im in a SB, scholar and 1st class from local u. any idea what my cep would be? what would the cep affect?

ask your boss

Unregistered 01-05-2022 12:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 216368)

The CEP will supposedly be scrapped very soon, but definitely there will be some way for the system to track high-potentials that will be perhaps less transparent. In any case, the CEP is indicative of the highest grade the individual can eventually rise to - and hence the higher the CEP, the faster a person tends to promote. It is not casted in stone, and can be adjusted annually by your RO, however, big swings either up or down (2 grades from previous) will require substantial justification.

To your question on your CEP as a scholar and sporting your academic achievements, I would say it is also very much dependent on your performance in your first few years. But it is likely that if you perform relatively well, your CEP should be at least a MX9 (Director).

Unregistered 02-05-2022 07:49 PM

Jondave Ong Han Wei
Jonjoe Ong Han Yueh
Esna Ong Ee Na

Reverend George Ong

Sex abuse rampant in church followers

In just two days, Jondave Ong Han Wei secretly filmed up to 35 women using the toilet. He was eventually caught after a school employee

Unregistered 02-05-2022 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 216634)
Jondave Ong Han Wei
Jonjoe Ong Han Yueh
Esna Ong Ee Na

Reverend George Ong

Sex abuse rampant in church followers

In just two days, Jondave Ong Han Wei secretly filmed up to 35 women using the toilet. He was eventually caught after a school employee

what lame crap is this related to this thread?

Unregistered 01-06-2022 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 216411)
The CEP will supposedly be scrapped very soon, but definitely there will be some way for the system to track high-potentials that will be perhaps less transparent. In any case, the CEP is indicative of the highest grade the individual can eventually rise to - and hence the higher the CEP, the faster a person tends to promote. It is not casted in stone, and can be adjusted annually by your RO, however, big swings either up or down (2 grades from previous) will require substantial justification.

To your question on your CEP as a scholar and sporting your academic achievements, I would say it is also very much dependent on your performance in your first few years. But it is likely that if you perform relatively well, your CEP should be at least a MX9 (Director).

Can anyone explain to a newbie about CEP? I just joined in June 2022

Unregistered 01-06-2022 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 219908)
Can anyone explain to a newbie about CEP? I just joined in June 2022

CEP stands for Current Estimated Potential and it is exactly as the words imply - how high are you estimated to be able to rise by X age (I've heard its 55, don't take my word for it). The CEP is reviewed year on year by your direct reporting officer who can make it higher or lower. But a lot of justification is required for big swings, so your reporting officer really has to go out of his/her way to push for you (and rightfully so, for the right talents).

So how that affects progression is, based on your CEP, your promotions tend to be spaced out by X age accordingly. E.g. if you have 5 ranks to climb in 20 years before X age, you will be promoted about once every 4 yours. Of course this isn't cast in stone, lots of other factors such availability of roles and of course individual performance comes into play.

Hope this helps.

Unregistered 02-06-2022 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 219951)
CEP stands for Current Estimated Potential and it is exactly as the words imply - how high are you estimated to be able to rise by X age (I've heard its 55, don't take my word for it). The CEP is reviewed year on year by your direct reporting officer who can make it higher or lower. But a lot of justification is required for big swings, so your reporting officer really has to go out of his/her way to push for you (and rightfully so, for the right talents).

So how that affects progression is, based on your CEP, your promotions tend to be spaced out by X age accordingly. E.g. if you have 5 ranks to climb in 20 years before X age, you will be promoted about once every 4 yours. Of course this isn't cast in stone, lots of other factors such availability of roles and of course individual performance comes into play.

Hope this helps.

WTF? Promotion once every 4 years?