Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Civil Service Current Estimated Potential (CEP) (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1218-civil-service-current-estimated-potential-cep.html)

Unregistered 31-03-2022 08:10 PM

Is public service suitable for me?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shizuka Arakawa (Post 9227)
Hi,

I grad from NUS econs..

So is the CEP based on my 2nd lower only? Is my relatively good o and a levels "overlooked"? Thanks.

I am a 2nd lower too, started work in a private sector... Currently, I have been in public sector for 9 years... I have no promotion at all!!!! I am wondering if public sector is suitable for me.

It's pretty saddening... What should I do?

Quit?

Unregistered 31-03-2022 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 211500)
I am a 2nd lower too, started work in a private sector... Currently, I have been in public sector for 9 years... I have no promotion at all!!!! I am wondering if public sector is suitable for me.

Quit?

after 9 years then think? you should have to though of it 3 years ago

Anonymous07 01-04-2022 06:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 211500)

Quit?

Me too. Graduated with 2nd lower from NUS. First job in public sector and has not been promoted for 11years. Few years back they put those non graduates under the same scheme as the graduates. I feel it just makes it harder for graduates to climb up.

Unregistered 01-04-2022 10:30 AM

suggest those folls who have issues take it up directly with their bosses, find other roles to rotate to etc instead of taking suggestions from this forum else you will regret

Unregistered 02-04-2022 02:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anonymous07 (Post 211586)
Me too. Graduated with 2nd lower from NUS. First job in public sector and has not been promoted for 11years. Few years back they put those non graduates under the same scheme as the graduates. I feel it just makes it harder for graduates to climb up.

if someone with diploma better than you then you really have to reflect if the job is suitable for you or not.

Unregistered 02-04-2022 09:31 PM

Quote:

If non grads can do better than you, you will really need to reflect on yourself.

Unregistered 03-04-2022 12:24 AM

Quote:

Wow, 11 years without a promotion and you are still around?! Either you are excelling in mediocrity or you have zero self-reflection.

Unregistered 03-04-2022 06:30 PM

Quote:

Wah. You should know public sector places high importance on qualifications, and the importance (of qualifications) does not diminish as quickly as in the private sector over your years of experience. Meaning after 5 or 10 YOE they actually still consider your academic quals when assessing your potential.

For 2nd lower grad, public sector should be used as only a stepping stone to get a few solid YOE in your resume, then quickly jump to a higher paying + higher ceiling career outside. Not as a long-term career.

Unregistered 03-04-2022 07:26 PM

During work review, my boss felt that im capable of contributing more than just an AD (i think thats the default CEP).

Does that mean that i have a chance to up my CEP?

Unregistered 03-04-2022 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 212070)
During work review, my boss felt that im capable of contributing more than just an AD (i think thats the default CEP).

Does that mean that i have a chance to up my CEP?

all these are just sweet talk, nothing is concrete until you see the tangibles