Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Anyone from Bank of America Singapore office? (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/12104-anyone-bank-america-singapore-office.html)

nicky97 05-11-2019 01:23 AM

Anyone from Bank of America Singapore office?

I'm just wondering about their application process and how long they usually take to get back to applicants. I have completed my applications by the video interviews, but now I'm wondering if it's been too long. Recently received an email saying that one of my applications is under review. Does it mean anything, or is it one of those emails companies send to reassure us that they're still in the process of looking through all the resumes and video recordings?

Are there really that many applicants, or are their vacancies no more because of returning interns?

I applied for Compliance (London), Operations (SG) and Global Transaction Banking (SG) if it helps! Sorry for the many questions.

No finance background, no honors Econs major here who's graduating in December 2019. Any career/job applications advice will be greatly appreciated too. :)

Unregistered 05-11-2019 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nicky97 (Post 124720)
I'm just wondering about their application process and how long they usually take to get back to applicants. I have completed my applications by the video interviews, but now I'm wondering if it's been too long. Recently received an email saying that one of my applications is under review. Does it mean anything, or is it one of those emails companies send to reassure us that they're still in the process of looking through all the resumes and video recordings?

Are there really that many applicants, or are their vacancies no more because of returning interns?

I applied for Compliance (London), Operations (SG) and Global Transaction Banking (SG) if it helps! Sorry for the many questions.

No finance background, no honors Econs major here who's graduating in December 2019. Any career/job applications advice will be greatly appreciated too. :)

Lol. When did you apply?

nicky97 06-11-2019 02:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 124745)
Lol. When did you apply?

Around end September. Recently (about 2 weeks ago) applied for the global transaction banking program.

Unregistered 07-11-2019 07:21 PM

post this week, if you hear nothing then you'll have to move on.

nicky97 07-11-2019 08:36 PM

Aye. I'm not optimistic about it but damn that still sucks. :(

Unregistered 08-11-2019 01:43 PM

Try ICICI bank instead.

Unregistered 08-11-2019 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nicky97 (Post 124823)

If not even one finance internship very difficult to enter banks.

nicky97 08-11-2019 10:00 PM

Haha I know, but I still gotta try before I give up I suppose. Applying for Stanchart too.

Today, I received another email from BofA about my other SG application being 'under review'. Gave me a heart attack when I saw it in my notifs bar. Lol hahaha

nicky97 08-11-2019 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 124850)
Try ICICI bank instead.

Care to elaborate a bit more? :P Thanks in advance! I will look into it too

Unregistered 09-11-2019 01:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nicky97 (Post 124823)

Your compliance application is 0 chance. London branch will not hire a sinkie and pay relocation to move the sinkie there. The talent pool in London is huge. Your transaction banking is quite competitive but can\'t compare to s&t, unless you have fantastic grades and relevant experience, 0 chance I say. Operations 99% chance, they sit in harborfront like a factory of 2000 plus people. If you like a simple job, get your work and go home type of life, doing process improvements for very mundane processes that adds little value to the business, go for it.