Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Companies (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/)
-   -   NCS (SingTel subsidiary) (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/1198-national-computer-systems-singtel-subsidiary.html)

Unregistered 22-10-2020 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 147803)
Every year existing staff annual increment doesn't even go above 5% cap.
But in the same year, fresh grad no experience no proven skills, every year their starting pay increase by 25 to 50%. This industry is a joke.

Why not all the seniors just quit. And rejoin company as fresh. Instant 5k increment. And can use the "I'm fresh" excuse to not deliver.

Othwerise, it doesn't make sense for fresh grad to get paid 5k to barely do nothing while seniors do all the work for 4.2k

Err if u work ncs in this scenario then you quit after one year, will employers appreciate?
Asking for a friend.

Unregistered 22-10-2020 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 147826)
Err if u work ncs in this scenario then you quit after one year, will employers appreciate?
Asking for a friend.

Quit then quit. Nobody bothers. As long as they don't inherit the ****.

Unregistered 23-10-2020 07:31 PM

Just join . Private U , Fresh grad ,4.2k .

Unregistered 24-10-2020 02:21 AM

Im currently in the midst of sending the estimated salary as a post ns grad with diploma. Any idea what would be a good range. Bc typical market range would be around 2.5k but looking at the remarks earlier on and also with the Nucleus Prog upcoming, should I give a higher estimated monthly?

Unregistered 24-10-2020 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 147933)
Just join . Private U , Fresh grad ,4.2k .

when is your start date?

Unregistered 24-10-2020 04:23 PM

To all these 'seniors' claiming that they are up to two times better than fresh grad, a serious question: Why the pay complaints? Cannot market and position yourself? Never ask for raise and expect promotions to come as a surprise? Scared to jump ship?

You mean companies don't want to get value out of their money?

Unregistered 24-10-2020 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 147995)
To all these 'seniors' claiming that they are up to two times better than fresh grad, a serious question: Why the pay complaints? Cannot market and position yourself? Never ask for raise and expect promotions to come as a surprise? Scared to jump ship?

You mean companies don't want to get value out of their money?

why need to change company when just need to get fresh grad to do my job? its free money lol

Unregistered 24-10-2020 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 148011)
why need to change company when just need to get fresh grad to do my job? its free money lol

if fresh grad engineer can do senior engineer's job, no wonder the 'seniors' are paid so low...

Unregistered 24-10-2020 11:22 PM

i say these seniors are probably even overpaid. their skills no doubt aint top notch, plus their toxic attitude, i'll even pay to fire them.

Unregistered 25-10-2020 12:15 AM

Quite a number of the seniors in ncs really cannot make it. Lead in wrong direction, explain not clear end up us juniors do more rework then actual work. Based on my observation, the juniors are actually quite solid and the quality seems to be improving. Its just demoralizing at times being lead by seniors who aren’t the most capable. Just my honest 2cents.