Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Red Flags to look out when you go for an interview or before accepting a job offer (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/11955-red-flags-look-out-when-you-go-interview-before-accepting-job-offer.html)

employmentredflags 15-09-2019 10:05 AM

Red Flags to look out when you go for an interview or before accepting a job offer

Please share Red Flags to look out when you go for an interview or before accepting a job offer

-Interview with HR instead of hiring manager (Not interested in you)
-Office toilet is very messy (Shows that staff don't care)
-Bad reviews on Glassdoor/Jobstreet (For Jobstreet, bad reviews but the employers deletes them)
-High turnover of staff (Search for the job role on google to see how often the position gets posted)
-Pantry looks cheap (No staff welfare)
-Open-office concept or no cubicles (Micromanage, don't trust staff)
-Offering you the job on the spot or within the week (Desperate)
-HR not local
-Need to fill up employer application form with your education and grades

Unregistered 15-09-2019 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by employmentredflags (Post 123377)
Please share Red Flags to look out when you go for an interview or before accepting a job offer

-Interview with HR instead of hiring manager (Not interested in you)
-Office toilet is very messy (Shows that staff don't care)
-Bad reviews on Glassdoor/Jobstreet (For Jobstreet, bad reviews but the employers deletes them)
-High turnover of staff (Search for the job role on google to see how often the position gets posted)
-Pantry looks cheap (No staff welfare)
-Open-office concept or no cubicles (Micromanage, don't trust staff)
-Offering you the job on the spot or within the week (Desperate)
-HR not local
-Need to fill up employer application form with your education and grades

Offering you the job on the spot or within the week is desperate? So even if they really like you, you'd rather they play the waiting game to offer you the job a few weeks down the road?

Unregistered 20-09-2019 09:51 AM

Best bet is this -> Bad reviews on Glassdoor/Jobstreet (For Jobstreet, bad reviews but the employers deletes them).

I think those takes weeks and months to reply you are equally suspicious.

zenzen 23-09-2019 03:41 PM

i thought this is a pretty standard process: -Need to fill up employer application form with your education and grades?

Unregistered 24-02-2020 10:26 PM

If the hiring manager did not bother to read my resume before interviewing me

Unregistered 25-02-2020 10:27 AM

Once I went to an interview and the company totally forgot about the appointment with me. The boss already went home and end up is some counter staff interviewing me.

Another one is where the boss offers me the following day after interview, but gave me 1 hour to reconsider after I turned down his offer. He wasn't happy about it and lectured me on the phone too.

Definitely red flags.

Unregistered 25-02-2020 11:41 AM

In the case for public agencies where the hiring manager called you within 48hours after the hr has made a verbal offer over the phone, it is likely they are desperate to fill up the post urgently and the post could be a **** hole.

Unregistered 25-02-2020 12:02 PM

this is really a rubbish thread.