Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   I have a Job offer on SG , Need some help to Decide ? (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1195-i-have-job-offer-sg-need-some-help-decide.html)

samsundar88 17-01-2011 01:42 PM

I have a Job offer on SG , Need some help to Decide ?

Hi friends ,
I am sam from India.I am a fresher currently working in one of the famous IT MNC in India which pays me take home salary of 21k.

Recently I got a Job offer from singapore through one of my family friends which pays 3000$ for me to work as a java developer ( fresher ).

Is this a good offer to accept or am i being underpaid ? What is the pay of fresh in IT industry at sg ?

Can a person survive and save some money in singapore with 3k salary ?

If someone provide some info regarding this , it would be helpful for me to make decision on the job offer .

thanks

Unregistered 17-01-2011 02:39 PM

Take the job. 3000 SGD is not a lot. U will probably spend 1.5-2 k to live in Singapore. But u still will have 1 k extra which is more than ur Indian salary. U will have to share a flat with other people. But considering that u r making 21000 Rs in India, its decently good. U will get exposure n experience n will be able to save more than what u r able to do in INDIA.

I am assuming u r SINGLE n not married. Otherwise, its gonna be pain.

graduated in 2010 17-01-2011 03:41 PM

Bachelor of Computing (Honours) NUS mean 3,039 , median 2,950
Bachelor of Engineering (Computer Science) NTU mean 3,097 , median 2,922
Bachelor of Engineering (Computer); Bachelor of Engineering (Computer Engineering) NUS, NTU mean 3,163 , median 3,000

Starting salary_Uni

you're neither underpaid nor overpaid. just right with the mean/median scale of fresh graduates from local universities.

Cheers.

PS: you can easily save 800-1000 bucks a month, living in decent room with occasional parties& chill-out with friends...

Unregistered 18-01-2011 04:45 PM

Read this thread to give you an idea of income SG vs India:
https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/...nough-two.html

Unregistered 18-01-2011 11:15 PM

Is it a MNC bank? if not, shouldn't not waste your time. 3K is ok for fresher, but you are mistaken if you think you have a IT prospect in Singapore. Your salary is unlikely to grow. And if you are not in a bank, it will simply ruin your resume.

Unregistered 19-01-2011 01:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 8888)
Is it a MNC bank? if not, shouldn't not waste your time. 3K is ok for fresher, but you are mistaken if you think you have a IT prospect in Singapore. Your salary is unlikely to grow. And if you are not in a bank, it will simply ruin your resume.

Actually this point is rite. Even if your salary rises, it wont be in accordance to your future needs n expectations. u mite have fun in the beginning, but after a few years, it wont be enough. as the previous poster said, u shd see the long term prospects too. 3000 today maybe good but 4500 5 yrs down the line may not be good.

and IT people in singapore do average work n the pay is too average. Singapore costs are rising and salaries are not good enough.

if u have options to work abroad, do mba or u see growth in india, u may consider it...

Unregistered 19-01-2011 11:22 AM

$3000 is alright for a fresher. But the cost of living is pretty high down here. For each month, rental come up to $600. Cost of food can be $500. Transport set aside $150. Mobile/Internet is another $50. You will be left with $1700 for miscellaneous expenditures (clothings, electronic gadgets, etc) and savings. If you need make a few trips back to India a year, then the savings you can get from the work here is negligible.

Unregistered 19-01-2011 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by samsundar88 (Post 8819)
Hi friends ,
I am sam from India.I am a fresher currently working in one of the famous IT MNC in India which pays me take home salary of 21k.

Recently I got a Job offer from singapore through one of my family friends which pays 3000$ for me to work as a java developer ( fresher ).

Is this a good offer to accept or am i being underpaid ? What is the pay of fresh in IT industry at sg ?

Can a person survive and save some money in singapore with 3k salary ?

If someone provide some info regarding this , it would be helpful for me to make decision on the job offer .

thanks

You are a Java Developer? Is Java still in use? Thought it is obselete. :)

Jokes aside, 2 years back as a freshie, I was getting $4K SGD (not rupees).

Unregistered 19-01-2011 04:58 PM

u joking 3K? go some where else, dont bother to come DONT

Unregistered 14-02-2011 09:31 PM

Don't come........!!!!!!!!!