Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Shopee fresh grad pay (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/11930-shopee-fresh-grad-pay.html)

Unregistered 17-08-2022 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 228295)
I heard rumours overpaid tech juniors are getting axed soon due to company lost 1 billion...

Time of the overpaid techies is upon us.
Coupled with inflation....

Anyone can confirm?

I can see that junior salary is ridiculous starting salary is 6-7k without working experience and the company overhires people just to do a small portion.

Unregistered 17-08-2022 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 228297)
I can see that junior salary is ridiculous starting salary is 6-7k without working experience and the company overhires people just to do a small portion.

Of course over-hire and overpay when there's easy money sloshing around. How many of these big name tech unicorns have actually been profitable? Grab, SEA etc.

Things can change quickly when macro environment becomes hard and private capital dries up. Then the finance side actually realizes that they need to control cost.

For juniors, quickly get as much exp and prepare to move at any time.

There's a reason why all these 'startups' and 'unicorns' are filled with young ppl only. They rely on a churn of people. It's not a stable environemnt for long term career growth.

Unregistered 17-08-2022 01:39 PM

Low work

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 228301)
Of course over-hire and overpay when there's easy money sloshing around. How many of these big name tech unicorns have actually been profitable? Grab, SEA etc.

Things can change quickly when macro environment becomes hard and private capital dries up. Then the finance side actually realizes that they need to control cost.

For juniors, quickly get as much exp and prepare to move at any time.

There's a reason why all these 'startups' and 'unicorns' are filled with young ppl only. They rely on a churn of people. It's not a stable environemnt for long term career growth.

Probably why they lost billions la.
Compared to ncs booking 2.5 billion this year and global business of 100 millions
From underpaying their staffs...

Shopee no experience in this area la. Ride the wave when it was high. Layoff when low.
Join ncs better. Can work there gain experience for many years

Unregistered 17-08-2022 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 228302)
Probably why they lost billions la.
Compared to ncs booking 2.5 billion this year and global business of 100 millions
From underpaying their staffs...

Shopee no experience in this area la. Ride the wave when it was high. Layoff when low.
Join ncs better. Can work there gain experience for many years

I won't be surprised those shopee, tiktok, bytedance will closed down.

Those snacks and drinks are free flowing. While I understand that these are incentives, they are also very expensive in long term.

Unregistered 17-08-2022 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 228303)

Those snacks and drinks are free flowing. While I understand that these are incentives, they are also very expensive in long term.

Bro the snacks and drinks bulls**t are peanuts. Low hanging fruit to make the company look good to fresh grads and in stupid websites like goodyfeed and Vulcanpost.

Look at the hard expenditures - rental of offices premises, renovations, and most importantly, senior management compensation. These r the things that matter to whether they are financially sustainable or not.

Of course most fresh grads don't really pay attention to such stuff, which is not publicly available info anyway. So can't blame them.

Unregistered 17-08-2022 02:16 PM

Clueless

Quote:

Tech job in Singapore have always suffered the same problem.
Fresh grad come out unskilled.
Pay low.
Everyone want to be project manager cause just delegate work and paid higher.

Its only the past few years all this tech company enters market thinking Singapore talent is good.
Oh plus.
There are cheaper better alternative in Malaysia, Phillipines, Thailand, India...

In fact alot of coding was outsourced to this country for being cheap in the past!!
Singapore is expensive.

Just like nobody want to pay Singaporean to manufacturer iPhone cause its too expensive.
Singapore software is also too expensive and lousy compared to global. Korea. Apple....

But yet all this companies wanna setup hq in Singapore etc. Asian silicok Valley la.
Then coupled with Singapore stance of hiring local... All cannot make it one.

Just end up with entitled techie kids who think they deserve 6k but don't even know how to write a simple module... Let alone troubleshoot and fix memory leak or performance issue or design an app that can be used in apple os, android and desktop..

Alot of overpaid clueless tech kids in Singapore.
Singapore is good in selling bgthat brand and delusion la.

But I can tell you Philippines have better software developers and cheaper.
Not surprised that Phillip ones will overtake Singapore.

Their ang moh also better than singlish.
Some pinoy also very good looking professional. Those model due to their Spanish bloodline.

Don't forget ubisoft was supposed to release a game made by Singaporean.
Till today still can't release cause local talent is really really lacking.

This tech bubble is starting to burst.

Unregistered 17-08-2022 02:17 PM

Cut cost

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 228304)
Bro the snacks and drinks bulls**t are peanuts. Low hanging fruit to make the company look good to fresh grads and in stupid websites like goodyfeed and Vulcanpost.

Look at the hard expenditures - rental of offices premises, renovations, and most importantly, senior management compensation. These r the things that matter to whether they are financially sustainable or not.

Of course most fresh grads don't really pay attention to such stuff, which is not publicly available info anyway. So can't blame them.

Cut cost lo.
Lay off.

Unregistered 17-08-2022 02:21 PM

Cheap slaves

Quote:

Its like this one.
Gahmen give this company grant and tax relief.
So they setup shop here.
But part of the stipulation is they just hire local. And have a Singapore core.

So they end up with setting up a hq presence here.
But open subsidiary in Malaysia or India or nearby to bypass that stipulation la.

So end up Singapore must hire local talent are those business or director or hr.
But the real work is outsourced to their hidden branch nearby. Cheaper also.

Unregistered 18-08-2022 03:22 PM

Got an interview with HR about a position...planning to job-hop, but after reading the posts here, I went from hopefully optimistic to worried hahaha. It sounds like the company is on the verge of another mass layoff sia

Unregistered 18-08-2022 04:40 PM

Buy shopee pee pee

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 228419)
Got an interview with HR about a position...planning to job-hop, but after reading the posts here, I went from hopefully optimistic to worried hahaha. It sounds like the company is on the verge of another mass layoff sia

Accept la.
Then your resume have a shopee brand