Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Shopee fresh grad pay (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/11930-shopee-fresh-grad-pay.html)

Unregistered 16-06-2022 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 222252)
Anyone capable of critical thinking would have seen that the high swe salaries are absolutely unsustainable. Yes, FAANG will continue to pay well, but these companies represent less than 5% of swe employment. Shopee starting to lay off people is a big deal because your fresh grad median salaries are buoyed by the demand from these companies, which hire way more than FAANG in Singapore. Many kids entering the industry could soon see a job market that is extremely hostile to newcomers, requiring multiple rounds of Leetcode Hard and/or take home for an entry level job. This is the reality of an industry that has extremely low barriers to entry.

Huh FAANG only take in 5%?? How hard is it to get in man

Unregistered 16-06-2022 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 222263)
How about you try to refute his point that the industry has extremely low barriers instead of whining about people saying mean things online like a little kid who lost a playground argument?

You can't. Because tech really lets in every ah mao ah gou. If you're zai, then you don't need to worry. If you're not zai, then I can see why you feel insecure. LOL

not the OP but.... for places worth their salt, tech roles are going for 4-5 rounds of interview with AT LEAST 1 whiteboard or take home. if this is indeed a low barrier to you, _you are one zai dog.

but which other roles need 4-5 rounds?

Unregistered 16-06-2022 08:06 PM

lol, low barrier. what a clown. tell me which industry require 3-4 rounds of leetcode medium to hard, 1 round of system design, 1 round of OS and networking, 1 round of behavioral interview. Tell me which industry require this level of prep? KNN COCK. all salty because they failed to get into tech. fking tech rejects.

Unregistered 16-06-2022 08:12 PM

tech low barrier to entry AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA WHAT THE FUK LMFAO

truly a singaporean moment!

Unregistered 16-06-2022 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 222270)
tech low barrier to entry AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA WHAT THE FUK LMFAO

truly a singaporean moment!

Depends on what's your definition of low barrier. It is objectively true that you can land a FAANG SWE job without a uni degree if you got relevant experience and can solve leetcode well. This is impossible in other jobs such as civil engineer, doctor, dentist etc. where specialized academic qualifications are a hard requirement.

Unregistered 16-06-2022 08:21 PM

big tech high barriers to entry yes

but shopee is far from that lmao
having to do a few rounds of test is just the nature of your profession so wake the fk up

Unregistered 16-06-2022 08:26 PM

tech low barrier to entry?

i know u dont like shopee, i also dont like, lanjiao ads, app always buggy one cb dunno wtf their coders doing but to say tech have low barrier to entry, sibei mahai

Unregistered 16-06-2022 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 222280)
sibei mahai

interesting use of canto. you are jiuhukia? No wonder tech so low barrier, even jhks also join by the truckload. lolol

Raymond 16-06-2022 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 222269)
lol, low barrier. what a clown. tell me which industry require 3-4 rounds of leetcode medium to hard, 1 round of system design, 1 round of OS and networking, 1 round of behavioral interview. Tell me which industry require this level of prep? KNN COCK. all salty because they failed to get into tech. fking tech rejects.

Agreed, no idea how is tech low barrier to entry at all...

Even the mediocre tech companies aren't that easy to get in, people still have to at least go through 1-2 rounds of technical and 1-2 rounds of behavioral along with 3-6 months probation period where you can get fired at anytime for subpar performance.

Unregistered 16-06-2022 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raymond (Post 222285)
Agreed, no idea how is tech low barrier to entry at all...

Even the mediocre tech companies aren't that easy to get in, people still have to at least go through 1-2 rounds of technical and 1-2 rounds of behavioral along with 3-6 months probation period where you can get fired at anytime for subpar performance.

probation won't fail one bro.