Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Shopee fresh grad pay (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/11930-shopee-fresh-grad-pay.html)

Unregistered 02-10-2021 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 185050)
woah i always tot their salary range is like the range of faang or even bytedance/tiktok

Dream on... Sea group where got so generous

Unregistered 27-10-2021 11:33 AM

hi! for roles that require proficiency in sql, does anybody know how proficient is proficient? because i've only mostly used python and r in school but self-learnt sql on coursera and im not sure where i stand in terms of my sql proficiency. is there any way i can tell? side note: im fairly proficient in python/r and have a few internship experiences using python but i know they will reject me as long as i say im not very proficient in sql

Unregistered 27-10-2021 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 185052)
Dream on... Sea group where got so generous

Grab more generous

Unregistered 27-10-2021 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 188166)
Grab more generous

Grab is cheap too

Unregistered 27-10-2021 12:59 PM

so far 6 figures

faang/bytedance/grab/govtech/gic/credit suisse

not sure about shopee heard differing accounts

Unregistered 27-10-2021 04:35 PM

Imagine believing idiots on here saying 6 figs for ByteDance / Shopee / Faang

so delusional. a 0 YOE fresh grad in Singapore pulling 6 fig TC? dream on lol a quick google will tell you that Shopee SWE is around 5-6k...

a simple question in your uni discord in "salary" channel will give you the same answer from people who actually work at these companies...

but nah 6k figs yeah thats why graduate surveys are all skewed- oh wait...

Unregistered 27-10-2021 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 188191)
Imagine believing idiots on here saying 6 figs for ByteDance / Shopee / Faang

so delusional. a 0 YOE fresh grad in Singapore pulling 6 fig TC? dream on lol a quick google will tell you that Shopee SWE is around 5-6k...

a simple question in your uni discord in "salary" channel will give you the same answer from people who actually work at these companies...

but nah 6k figs yeah thats why graduate surveys are all skewed- oh wait...

I'm not the above poster but 5-6k only base bro. Usually when people say 6 figs is base + bonus + stock.

Unregistered 27-10-2021 05:46 PM

In Shopee, local uni,

1st class, 5.5-6K
2nd upper 5K-5.5
2nd 4.5-5K,

after 5 years you can get 7K if you work hard. Don't ask how we are gonna pay, ask how much you can contribute to us. If you are talented and work hard (around 10-12hr daily), you will be prompted fast and get more.

kim1995 27-10-2021 06:11 PM

Shopee for fresh comp science grad is about 60k base with 15k annual bonus.

So TC is about 75k. You may get RSU and lower base or higher base and no RSU.

So it's a about 5k monthly. Also no there's no real pay difference for different unis or standings. Not that I know of. My NUS friends at shopee get paid the same as my SIT friends. Same team same role same pay.

Feel free to verify the info I provided with nodeflair, LC comp discussion and many more places. :) don't use glassdoor, their salary ranges are skewed by mid roles and intern pay.

Good luck! Also job hop after 2 years, then 1 year and repeat. Never stay at the same company for 5 years, that's silly.

Unless you get a RSU refresher, there's very little reasons to stay once you're fully vested or you've never gotten any RSU in the first place.

Unregistered 27-10-2021 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kim1995 (Post 188203)
Shopee for fresh comp science grad is about 60k base with 15k annual bonus.

So TC is about 75k. You may get RSU and lower base or higher base and no RSU.

So it's a about 5k monthly. Also no there's no real pay difference for different unis or standings. Not that I know of. My NUS friends at shopee get paid the same as my SIT friends. Same team same role same pay.

Feel free to verify the info I provided with nodeflair, LC comp discussion and many more places. :) don't use glassdoor, their salary ranges are skewed by mid roles and intern pay.

Good luck! Also job hop after 2 years, then 1 year and repeat. Never stay at the same company for 5 years, that's silly.

Unless you get a RSU refresher, there's very little reasons to stay once you're fully vested or you've never gotten any RSU in the first place.

It's not that low, fresh grad devops at shopee getting 7.5K base already