Shopee fresh grad pay - Page 12 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




Shopee fresh grad pay

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #111 (permalink)  
Old 02-11-2021, 10:22 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
wow these people must be zai af

I from NTU comp science, first class honors, GPA only 0.1 shy from perfection. win best software freelance project in my senior year, got full scholarship also covering all tuition ( not including hall ).

intern at shopee for 2 semesters worth, my return offer only 70k. u guys all getting >100k+? wa so zai... sad i guess im noob even tho i got bytedance offer 85k, dbs seed 60k, garena 80k, i guess u guys are god tier programmers.

so pro, good job guys.
Why did you pick shopee out of all those?

Reply With Quote
  #112 (permalink)  
Old 02-11-2021, 10:29 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
ya rsu is 10k a year for me leh

60k base + 10k rsu every year vest for 4 years = 70k

bonus i not sure, they told me base % which was 8... and that 8% is off base pay only, not TC. even if i get amazing performance review and get 20%+ bonus off my base pay, it's still less than 80k annual.

anyway its ok... to be honest i also kinda expected it because my manager didnt even give me interview, he just ask if i want or not 2 week before intern end then give me offer letter and 3 days to think lol where got like this one? no room to negotiate or anything at all...

early this year jan. i finish intern last year nov - dec, so the return offer was for jan.

i was backend engineer intern... maybe pick wrong role lol but at the time this was the only role open so no choice, i just intern here.
I see. So u working where now? ByteDance?

Reply With Quote
  #113 (permalink)  
Old 03-11-2021, 09:29 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
ya rsu is 10k a year for me leh

60k base + 10k rsu every year vest for 4 years = 70k

bonus i not sure, they told me base % which was 8... and that 8% is off base pay only, not TC. even if i get amazing performance review and get 20%+ bonus off my base pay, it's still less than 80k annual.

anyway its ok... to be honest i also kinda expected it because my manager didnt even give me interview, he just ask if i want or not 2 week before intern end then give me offer letter and 3 days to think lol where got like this one? no room to negotiate or anything at all...

early this year jan. i finish intern last year nov - dec, so the return offer was for jan.

i was backend engineer intern... maybe pick wrong role lol but at the time this was the only role open so no choice, i just intern here.
Lol how gullible are you?

You not getting an interview and a return offer means you did well enough that they want you back... Seriously you're stupid if you believe the 100k BS offers here. Just ask any of your colleagues that you've worked with during your internship.

I interned as UI Developer intern for 2 sems in 2020 and in our group chat with recruiting staff and in the 4 FAQs we had for our batch, they have never ever heard of anyone getting 100k as a fresh grad lol.

Worse of all is the retard giving out the manager name and the DEEP team's name. So what? LOL I can go on LinkedIn and just give out senior managers of Google and Facebook. Does that prove that I work for Google / Facebook and know about their pay packages?

What a stupid take. My god...

Reply With Quote
  #114 (permalink)  
Old 03-11-2021, 10:22 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

It's really legit though

I'm from NUS CS 2021. I have friends from NUS CS 2021 (who all got at least a 2nd upper), they were being offered mid 6k+ with 2 months bonus and stocks which sums to 100k a year at least

Are you join Shopee in 2021 as SWE? If so you are severely underpaid, I'd suggest you raise this your HR because the standard pay is really 100k

I've heard the top student from CS 2021 cohort (Lee Kuan Yew Medal) was being offered close to 10k base and few hundred units of RSU just to compete with the other offers he had gotten
Reply With Quote
  #115 (permalink)  
Old 03-11-2021, 11:04 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Only fresh grads earning $100k per annum are investment bankers. Rest are cool story.
Reply With Quote
  #116 (permalink)  
Old 03-11-2021, 11:42 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

who to believe

The guys that keeps calling people stupid and retard

Or the guy that types in proper grammar and punctuation

Lol
Reply With Quote

  #117 (permalink)  
Old 04-11-2021, 12:38 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
It's really legit though

I'm from NUS CS 2021. I have friends from NUS CS 2021 (who all got at least a 2nd upper), they were being offered mid 6k+ with 2 months bonus and stocks which sums to 100k a year at least

Are you join Shopee in 2021 as SWE? If so you are severely underpaid, I'd suggest you raise this your HR because the standard pay is really 100k

I've heard the top student from CS 2021 cohort (Lee Kuan Yew Medal) was being offered close to 10k base and few hundred units of RSU just to compete with the other offers he had gotten
In this market, top student in CS for 2021 getting 10k+ base is just sad, considering that a fresh IB analyst gets couple thousand grand more than that and doesn't even need to be the valedictorian of business school
Reply With Quote
  #118 (permalink)  
Old 04-11-2021, 08:43 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
In this market, top student in CS for 2021 getting 10k+ base is just sad, considering that a fresh IB analyst gets couple thousand grand more than that and doesn't even need to be the valedictorian of business school
yeah but thats just the base. most tech companies offer stock, and a significant amount of their package comprises that

for the case above total package can likely reach 220k+, assuming 250 units of NYSE: SE vested a year - which I think can be a quite realistic sum Shopee is willing to offer

that's why if you're working in tech (especially silicon valley guys) most guys will refer to their package as "Total Comp" or "TC"
Reply With Quote
  #119 (permalink)  
Old 04-11-2021, 08:44 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2021
Location: Singapore
Posts: 57
gurlInTech is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
In this market, top student in CS for 2021 getting 10k+ base is just sad, considering that a fresh IB analyst gets couple thousand grand more than that and doesn't even need to be the valedictorian of business school
To be fair, most of the salary for top earners in CS comes from the stock options. Assuming the fresh grad getting 500 units this year. 500/4 restricted units of Sea stock is worth an extra 59k+ sgd bonus for the next 4 years. And this 10k+ offer is only for 1 company. There are also companies that may have competing offers for work-life balance like 4 days work week. Of course average students like myself feels so sad that my overall package is lesser than a fresh grad after working 4 years.
Reply With Quote
  #120 (permalink)  
Old 04-11-2021, 11:41 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gurlInTech View Post
To be fair, most of the salary for top earners in CS comes from the stock options. Assuming the fresh grad getting 500 units this year. 500/4 restricted units of Sea stock is worth an extra 59k+ sgd bonus for the next 4 years. And this 10k+ offer is only for 1 company. There are also companies that may have competing offers for work-life balance like 4 days work week. Of course average students like myself feels so sad that my overall package is lesser than a fresh grad after working 4 years.
Yeah but also bear in mind that in the higher echelons of finance jobs, 6-12 months of bonus are not uncommon.

I'm just surprised that the valedictorian or the "top CS student from 2021 cohort" (LKY Gold Medallist so i assume this means NTU) if what the OP above says is true, is only getting such an offer from Shopee (total comp around 100k+) to match his other offers. Shouldn't his other offers be FAANG-level offers which are SV level offers?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
SIM-UOL fresh grad starting pay poorman Income and Jobs 6596 Today 01:20 PM
Starting pay for NTU biz fresh grad? GPA of 3.5 jackcrypto Income and Jobs 2 21-11-2018 11:13 PM
SIM-UOB fresh grad starting pay youdontknowme Income and Jobs 0 22-04-2016 05:38 PM
fresh grad Light5trike Income and Jobs 15 28-05-2014 02:09 AM
fresh grad investments larry Investments and Net Worth 10 19-11-2011 07:13 PM

» 30 Recent Threads
DBS tech seed programme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,131 Replies, 563,637 Views
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
8,182 Replies, 2,400,076 Views
Roles in accenture singapore ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,753 Replies, 955,347 Views
Civil Service Performance Bonus ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,060 Replies, 2,929,763 Views
SIM-UOL fresh grad starting pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
6,596 Replies, 2,021,643 Views
Official 2022 Retrechment thread ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
76 Replies, 7,568 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,613 Replies, 3,092,692 Views
Micron starting pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
429 Replies, 159,885 Views
Engineer Pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
453 Replies, 240,154 Views
ST Electronics ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,790 Replies, 844,236 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
5,616 Replies, 3,494,875 Views
High Finance Thread ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,127 Replies, 252,910 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
14,216 Replies, 8,901,955 Views
Shopee fresh grad pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
499 Replies, 140,247 Views
Ex-MOE Teachers ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
230 Replies, 251,472 Views
NCS (SingTel subsidiary) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
957 Replies, 629,757 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
17,128 Replies, 6,429,077 Views
Singtel Management Associate... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,133 Replies, 296,845 Views
GovTech ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,172 Replies, 852,877 Views
Queries about Cpib application ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,300 Replies, 707,486 Views
ByteDance / TikTok ( 1 2)
17 Replies, 3,831 Views
2022 Full time/Summer internship... ( 1 2)
16 Replies, 2,290 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,969 Replies, 1,919,794 Views
Open Government Products (under...
9 Replies, 947 Views
Want to Save More Money? Our Free...
6 Replies, 8,476 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,379 Replies, 2,296,142 Views
Work culture in IHiS ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
331 Replies, 222,449 Views
LTA (Land Transport Authority) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
91 Replies, 131,041 Views
MAS for Mid Career Professionals ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,155 Replies, 517,430 Views
Anyone jobless for a long time... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,279 Replies, 1,496,473 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 03:25 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2