Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Shopee fresh grad pay (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/11930-shopee-fresh-grad-pay.html)

Unregistered 02-11-2021 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 188869)
lame la I can also go on LinkedIn and just anyhow say a team's name, wtf u talking about lol how does knowing a team name and what they do prove anything?

Stop posting.

It's not public information that internally its called "deep team", I'd love to see you try find information about it. I also know their tech lead who is Zhao Linlin because he was my final round interviewer.

If it's so easy to find information why aren't more people posting about it. Please if its so easy tell me about more about the SWE teams in Shopee and who are their respective tech leads. I can name almost all of them because I've also interned there before.

Until then, I'll just take everyone's post here as bs. Enough said

Unregistered 02-11-2021 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 188860)
Annual salary of 100k puts you in top 18% of all tax paying residents in Singapore.
It means, if we estimate non tax paying residents to be 20%, actual figure should be higher, out of every 12 persons you see only 1 person make more than you.

Or to put it in perspective, shoppe swe is the 8th person if we line every resident by sample size of 100 by descending income.

So your pay info facts or cannon ball, i will let the rest decide.

You are not comparing apples to apples. Many of these swe are the better end of the cs cohort, wage statistics also do not segment for education level and industry. You cannot compare a strong uni grad against a non degree holder

A 100k salary is alright but nowhere near amazing, I’m at 180k and I’m the most junior and peasant in my team. If you look again at your mom stats you will realize that number of people making gross of >12k is significantly higher than 8-10k

kim1995 02-11-2021 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 188825)
actually most people here cant even get shopee SWE offer and pass their interview

If u claim u got the offer, should state the name of your hiring manager and team to verify whether what you're saying is legit?

Because there are teams like deep team which you will be specifically interviewing for and hiring manager/tech lead soecific to each team, but no one here expicitly mentioned such details which makes me think everyone is bs-ing

those who actually work in shopee/got the offer in 2021 know it is minimum 6k base (before cpf) with 2 months bonus and RSU

total package will be around at least 100k for sure

I don't think it's wise to leak out details of employee names of the company you're working at. It's just basic courtesy imo.

Nonetheless, thank you for the information. I'm not surprised to see the high pay, Shopee has always been a very profitable company. I've seen all their ads... first thought that came to my mind was: damn, they must have a boatload of money to run those ads over and over again everywhere.

Minimum 6k a month is insane, what do you think of the person saying 7.5k? have you heard of anyone getting that high as a fresh grad? I'm curious because Google data center SWE is about 6.5k+ so I'm wondering are FAANGs no longer competing against local large techs...

Edit: I am hoping you are the same person posting the 100k salary... if not then my apologies... it gets hard to recognize who's who with all the unregistered names :(

Unregistered 02-11-2021 12:39 PM

Not sure why people find it so hard to believe 100k salaries for fresh grads in shopee SWE. Yea granted not all the shopee fresh grads get that, but im sure a good number.

BTW not only do SWE earn good salaries, other roles can pay close to 100k or exceed it for fresh grads
- Investment bankers (obviously)
- Strat consultants (MBB, tier 2)
- tech sales (amazon, salesforce ...)
- data scientists
- quant traders
- doctors (? not so sure)
- lawyers (? not so sure)

I'm sure there are others also. For sure these are competitive but they do exists. Open your eyes people.

Unregistered 02-11-2021 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 188877)
Not sure why people find it so hard to believe 100k salaries for fresh grads in shopee SWE. Yea granted not all the shopee fresh grads get that, but im sure a good number.

BTW not only do SWE earn good salaries, other roles can pay close to 100k or exceed it for fresh grads
- Investment bankers (obviously)
- Strat consultants (MBB, tier 2)
- tech sales (amazon, salesforce ...)
- data scientists
- quant traders
- doctors (? not so sure)
- lawyers (? not so sure)

I'm sure there are others also. For sure these are competitive but they do exists. Open your eyes people.

true. the difference with the above roles is until the last decade or so, CS was seen as a dumping ground in popular perception, especially in the years after the dot com bubble burst. so the stereotypes of the masses still needs time to catch up

Unregistered 02-11-2021 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 188860)
Annual salary of 100k puts you in top 18% of all tax paying residents in Singapore.
It means, if we estimate non tax paying residents to be 20%, actual figure should be higher, out of every 12 persons you see only 1 person make more than you.

Or to put it in perspective, shoppe swe is the 8th person if we line every resident by sample size of 100 by descending income.

So your pay info facts or cannon ball, i will let the rest decide.

Layman translator: OP cannot ever see himself earning 100k so any fresh grad that is earning 100k is clearly spouting BS.

Unregistered 02-11-2021 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 188885)
Layman translator: OP cannot ever see himself earning 100k so any fresh grad that is earning 100k is clearly spouting BS.

you dumbass, OP means original poster. Not the guy you're replying to.

Wtf so dumb. You're trying too hard it's cringe af. Seek help.

Unregistered 02-11-2021 03:14 PM

Ego bruising reality supported by statistics, triggering the superiority complex that cannot take humility as a life creed resorting to plucking numbers from the air to feed the surrealism.

Losers.

Unregistered 02-11-2021 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 188896)
Ego bruising reality supported by statistics, triggering the superiority complex that cannot take humility as a life creed resorting to plucking numbers from the air to feed the surrealism.

Losers.

What a way to type a bunch of words and not say anything concrete. Must be similar to your work value and why your pay sucks

Unregistered 02-11-2021 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 188904)
What a way to type a bunch of words and not say anything concrete. Must be similar to your work value and why your pay sucks

I think you need a certain level of intelligence to be able to read the poster's message.