Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Need advice about career path in Big 4.. (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/11914-need-advice-about-career-path-big-4-a.html)

nephalem 01-09-2019 09:19 PM

Need advice about career path in Big 4..

Hi guys. Recently just joined one of the Big 4 in Risk Advisory under Cybersecurity dept. Is the department that i want, but currently the job that I'm working it's not really the exact role that i desire, but its not like I'm hating it nor liking it.

Just to ask when will be the appropriate time to request for an internal transfer? like the duration I'll have to stay? cause currently I'm just a fresh grad, can't really do much about it for now haha. and I'll most likely be requesting transfer but still within the same cybersecurity sector.

If you guys have any other suggestion or career advice do let me know. :)

Unregistered 02-09-2019 01:46 AM

Typically 2-3 years before asking for a transfer.

Unregistered 02-09-2019 02:46 AM

why need to wait? want transfer just ask now la. once you clocked 2-3 years and ask for transfer, you will start off as fresh grad equivalent in new department because of lack of relevant skills. somemore the company will just reject easily as you already have 2-3 years worth of skills and experience in your current role-so why bother transferring and lose 2-3 years worth of exp? you want meh?

nephalem 02-09-2019 09:08 PM

Actually the actual job that i want is still within the cybersecurity department. It's not like a huge transfer whereby i'll have to learn everything ground up again and i believe some of the skills i learnt here can be bring forward to the other area that i want.
What i am thinking now is, since i don't have any experience in cyber security field, i should start picking up some skills here first? and since i have any skillset now i don't think i should be picky though

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 123008)
why need to wait? want transfer just ask now la. once you clocked 2-3 years and ask for transfer, you will start off as fresh grad equivalent in new department because of lack of relevant skills. somemore the company will just reject easily as you already have 2-3 years worth of skills and experience in your current role-so why bother transferring and lose 2-3 years worth of exp? you want meh?

Unregistered 03-09-2019 01:02 PM

DP

Ask Daryl Pereira to help you.

Unregistered 03-09-2019 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 123053)

Ask Kevin Mandia to help.

nephalem 03-09-2019 08:56 PM

Lmao, i actually went to googled it. Actually might consider switching firm after 2 to 3 years. depends bah

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 123053)