Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Career advise for fresh graduate (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/11841-career-advise-fresh-graduate.html)

jeffrey745 31-07-2019 11:07 AM

Career advise for fresh graduate

Hi guys, i am a PT undergraduate who is graduating from SUSS in aerospace systems course this year end.

I would like to enquire with everyone here, what are the career paths for aerospace grads besides working in the aviation industry? My friends who have graduated most couldn't find jobs in the industry , except for those who were already working in those aviation companies.

I'm considering joining MOE as the last resort. Thinking of entering civil service, any recommendations as to which i can enter??

For private sector, i am considering entering Oil and Gas sector and IT, do you all know of other sectors that i can consider?

Thanks for all your help.:)

Unregistered 31-07-2019 04:00 PM

Career Coaching & Mentoring

You may want to approach Mentor Talents for advice s://mentortalents.com/sg/

Unregistered 31-07-2019 04:01 PM

Should be mentortalents.com/sg/

Unregistered 31-07-2019 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffrey745 (Post 122297)
Hi guys, i am a PT undergraduate who is graduating from SUSS in aerospace systems course this year end.

I would like to enquire with everyone here, what are the career paths for aerospace grads besides working in the aviation industry? My friends who have graduated most couldn't find jobs in the industry , except for those who were already working in those aviation companies.

I'm considering joining MOE as the last resort. Thinking of entering civil service, any recommendations as to which i can enter??

For private sector, i am considering entering Oil and Gas sector and IT, do you all know of other sectors that i can consider?

Do you currently work? As you are studying PT
Have you also done any internships?

Seems like you have got quite a varied interest in many things

Unregistered 31-07-2019 11:59 PM

Look, you're not a fresh graduate.

Stop thinking as one.

As a part time student you should ideally already hold a job and the degree you have obtained should be one that will enable you to go further in your current job.

An entire industry change obviously would be tough to do.

Unregistered 01-08-2019 12:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffrey745 (Post 122297)

learn the difference between advise and advice

jeffrey745 03-08-2019 02:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 122315)
Do you currently work? As you are studying PT
Have you also done any internships?

Seems like you have got quite a varied interest in many things

Hi, thanks for the reply. Yes I'm currently working as a tuition teacher in the education industry. Not working in the aviation industry and looking to get in.

I heard from a number of my friends that aviation industry is not easy to get in for fresh graduates without experience.... I have friends who graduated for 6mths - 1yr and still couldnt get any jobs...

And like someone else mentioned here, maybe I'm not classified as a fresh graduate anymore....

I 'diversified' my job search as I know it isn't easy to land a job, having taken this degree which is quite niche....

Any career advise for me, or any industries I can get into?

Unregistered 04-08-2019 01:41 PM

Which one has more prospects - fund accounting, KYC/ AML or data cleansing/maintenance?