High Finance Thread - Page 79 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




High Finance Thread

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #781 (permalink)  
Old 21-04-2022, 08:22 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Wear t shirt and blazer is the best. Rellicate all your high finance insurance and property agent idols

Reply With Quote
  #782 (permalink)  
Old 21-04-2022, 09:21 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

thx for all the advice. i'll attend my IB managing directors interview tomorrow in singlet & blazer & tie.

Reply With Quote
  #783 (permalink)  
Old 21-04-2022, 11:47 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Honestly why is this even a question, no one is going to ding you for wearing your best, aka blazer n tie. If they do, they r retarded n u shldnt even be joining them.

U r going for a job interview so you shld be trying to set up the best impression, stop trying to lowball on your own attire, there is no benefit in doing that other than the convenience of not having to carry arnd a blazer, but srsly?

Unless the HR specifically tell u to come in a specific attire, then u do that. If not, just wear blazer n tie. Nuff said, no need to keep thinking.

Reply With Quote
  #784 (permalink)  
Old 22-04-2022, 12:14 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Honestly why is this even a question, no one is going to ding you for wearing your best, aka blazer n tie. If they do, they r retarded n u shldnt even be joining them.

U r going for a job interview so you shld be trying to set up the best impression, stop trying to lowball on your own attire, there is no benefit in doing that other than the convenience of not having to carry arnd a blazer, but srsly?

Unless the HR specifically tell u to come in a specific attire, then u do that. If not, just wear blazer n tie. Nuff said, no need to keep thinking.
So do you think it is right to dress blazer + tie for an operations role at Maybank?
Reply With Quote
  #785 (permalink)  
Old 22-04-2022, 12:46 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Honestly why is this even a question, no one is going to ding you for wearing your best, aka blazer n tie. If they do, they r retarded n u shldnt even be joining them.
Shirt and tie are actually fairly formal but there are certain roles or people who will ding you for not wearing suit. It is not very logical to ding people who wearing / not wearing blazer for interviews for office work, but it does happen.

So it is actually a fair question for fresh graduate to get a sense of what is appropriate.

For experienced hire . mid career, you can decide what you want to do. I had gone for interviews in smart casual (non-office wear) since my office has dress down dress code. Pretty sure there are some interviewers who are not too impressed with me not coming in blazer or even office wear at all, but I am not too bothered by it.
Reply With Quote
  #786 (permalink)  
Old 22-04-2022, 08:54 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
So do you think it is right to dress blazer + tie for an operations role at Maybank?
Like i said, no one is going to ding you for wearing your best, aka blazer n tie. If they do, they r retarded n u shldnt even be joining them.

Of course, nobody can really predict whether wearing blazer n tie makes any difference to the interviewer. Perhaps in ops case, interviewers are not so particular about whether u come in blazer n tie. U can dont wear blazer n tie n still get the job, i dont doubt it at all. But once again, no one is going to ding u for wearing blazer n tie n if they do...trust me....u dont want to be working with them...

And who knows right, maybe the maybank ops bosses do prefer someone who appears to be taking the job interview as seriously as possible. Rather than interviewees who think "its just ops ma not some front office role" n treat everything lightly and it shows through the dressing. In which case, it is right to wear blazer n tie.
Reply With Quote

  #787 (permalink)  
Old 22-04-2022, 09:18 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Like i said, no one is going to ding you for wearing your best, aka blazer n tie. If they do, they r retarded n u shldnt even be joining them.

Of course, nobody can really predict whether wearing blazer n tie makes any difference to the interviewer. Perhaps in ops case, interviewers are not so particular about whether u come in blazer n tie. U can dont wear blazer n tie n still get the job, i dont doubt it at all. But once again, no one is going to ding u for wearing blazer n tie n if they do...trust me....u dont want to be working with them...

And who knows right, maybe the maybank ops bosses do prefer someone who appears to be taking the job interview as seriously as possible. Rather than interviewees who think "its just ops ma not some front office role" n treat everything lightly and it shows through the dressing. In which case, it is right to wear blazer n tie.
Wearing blazer + tie to a ops role at Maybank shows that you have extremely low EQ and do not know how to read situations lol. First time seeing such bad advice.
Reply With Quote
  #788 (permalink)  
Old 22-04-2022, 09:58 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Definitely wear blazer and tie for interviews. What is your concern?

If I am the interviewer and I see 2 different candidates, one with blazer and tie and the other without, who looks more eager for the role?

All else equally, the guy with the better attitude will get the role
Reply With Quote
  #789 (permalink)  
Old 22-04-2022, 10:19 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Wearing blazer + tie to a ops role at Maybank shows that you have extremely low EQ and do not know how to read situations lol. First time seeing such bad advice.
are the people at maybank ops wearing singlets and slipper to work or smth? i have not worked in maybank but so far looking at the dressing attire of ops ppl in banks, they all wear quite formally with your typical long-sleeve work shirt and long pants / OL attire. So if you go without blazer n tie, you simply blend in, which in itself is nth wrong. But if you go with blazer n tie, you are also not too crazily overdressed what. You are there for a job interview leh not to turn up for work. daheck?

unless ops ppl have a self-degrading mindset and cannot bear to see ppl in blazer n tie bcos they hate ppl who try their best to take things seriously? sorry i not from ops but if u from ops and u can cfm such a mindset then ok lor u win.
Reply With Quote
  #790 (permalink)  
Old 22-04-2022, 11:19 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Definitely wear blazer and tie for interviews. What is your concern?

If I am the interviewer and I see 2 different candidates, one with blazer and tie and the other without, who looks more eager for the role?

All else equally, the guy with the better attitude will get the role
Have you been involved in a hiring / interview process already ?

Obviously how you carry yourself in the interview matters more than blazer anot. That being said, I have heard both plus and minus feedback on candidates wearing blazer for interview. That's not the key factor, but definitely something people notice.

Over or under dress are redundant distractions. Avoid that, and let other factors speak for yourself in the interview
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
finance, fund management, ibd, m&a, pevc

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
SIM-UOL Degree in Econs/Finance or Accounting/Finance Shenanigans Income and Jobs 7 05-03-2023 01:08 PM
Official Lasik/ Relexsmile Thread shirlyn General Discussions 1 18-06-2016 06:33 PM
Household Expenses Breakdown Thread mugster Income and Jobs 10 21-10-2015 09:01 AM
The Gem of UK property (High yield, High Growth, Positive cash flow) newsgprop Market Talk 4 12-01-2015 12:03 PM
UNISIM Alumni thread Gradsoon Income and Jobs 3 25-02-2014 04:38 AM

» 30 Recent Threads
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
16,787 Replies, 5,247,525 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
11,394 Replies, 6,975,033 Views
DBS tech seed programme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,834 Replies, 1,542,829 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
6,222 Replies, 3,877,054 Views
High Finance Thread ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,570 Replies, 684,359 Views
GovTech ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
6,460 Replies, 2,464,605 Views
CSA (Cyber Security Agency) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
938 Replies, 545,078 Views
Hospital (Private or Public)... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
771 Replies, 447,043 Views
LTA (Land Transport Authority) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
830 Replies, 439,442 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
7,456 Replies, 3,532,964 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
21,263 Replies, 10,618,775 Views
If you can't find a company here... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
143 Replies, 55,030 Views
Working in SMRT ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
45 Replies, 61,190 Views
GovTech Tech Associate Program... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
372 Replies, 260,696 Views
HTX (Home Team Science and... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
885 Replies, 418,264 Views
ST Electronics ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,859 Replies, 1,613,291 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
5,967 Replies, 4,802,315 Views
Micron starting pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
707 Replies, 411,760 Views
MAS for Mid Career Professionals ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,175 Replies, 1,120,450 Views
Roles in accenture singapore ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
7,795 Replies, 2,459,633 Views
Civil Servant Bonus Mid-2023 ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
155 Replies, 161,611 Views
Singapore Airlines ( 1 2 3)
24 Replies, 14,144 Views
Maritime and Port Authority of... ( 1 2 3)
21 Replies, 21,556 Views
Civil Service Performance Bonus ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
5,431 Replies, 4,895,378 Views
ITE Polytechnic Scheme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
341 Replies, 389,754 Views
JP Morgan ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
202 Replies, 183,579 Views
DSTA (under Mindef) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,586 Replies, 1,433,021 Views
IMDA (under MCI) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,302 Replies, 666,122 Views
Early Retirement ( 1 2)
18 Replies, 16,136 Views
Anyone worked in singhealth/nhg? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
71 Replies, 175,743 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 04:33 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2