Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries

High Finance Thread

Old 29-03-2022, 06:37 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Don't need to hustle so hard. In the end, the working world is all about connections. You can hustle all you want with the wrong connections and make it nowhere.
I hope you say this to your analysts that work 80-100 hours to meet deadlines and expectations for performance appraisal.

I would not want to work for a boss that openly claims nepotism and encourages their subordinates to "don't need to hustle so hard". Would make me question my sanity

Old 29-03-2022, 06:52 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
I hope you say this to your analysts that work 80-100 hours to meet deadlines and expectations for performance appraisal.

I would not want to work for a boss that openly claims nepotism and encourages their subordinates to "don't need to hustle so hard". Would make me question my sanity
Makes me wonder why do you ask for opinions and criticise others when they give you their views. If you think hustling hard when you're young and doing an additional internship is great, and you're not willing to hear others' views, maybe you should keep your thoughts to yourself. Be more open minded and don't just seek for validation to make yourself feel better.

I'm not the poster of any of the above comments, but this is just my views.

Old 29-03-2022, 07:00 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Don't need to hustle so hard. In the end, the working world is all about connections. You can hustle all you want with the wrong connections and make it nowhere.
In any event, assuming your a real VP and above, this is the most senseless words that you can utter to your An/Aso that shows your lack of empathy and forgetting your own stint as an An/Aso.

Chances are your just a troll and balk at the idea of working hard. And whine about why you can't command 5 digit monthly salary. Lul

Old 29-03-2022, 07:03 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Makes me wonder why do you ask for opinions and criticise others when they give you their views. If you think hustling hard when you're young and doing an additional internship is great, and you're not willing to hear others' views, maybe you should keep your thoughts to yourself. Be more open minded and don't just seek for validation to make yourself feel better.

Maybe because the reply(ies) is useless and vexatious in nature. I get better replies at WSO but it is geographically constrained. I expect better from a forum that claims "high finance"
Old 29-03-2022, 07:50 PM
Unregistered

Quote:

Is it your proposition that no matter whose opinion it would be (be it a troll or an insider), equal merit should be given from the student pursuing Finance when this is a Finance thread?
Old 29-03-2022, 08:08 PM
Unregistered

Quote:

Totally agree with you. Many people can't accept opposing views and usually only want to hear that others agree with what they are doing. Doing an extra internship or not, I believe you have to first change your mindset.

Old 29-03-2022, 08:26 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Totally agree with you. Many people can't accept opposing views and usually only want to hear that others agree with what they are doing. Doing an extra internship or not, I believe you have to first change your mindset.
It would be arrogance to assume that the student would need to change his/her mindset simply because he/she is asking for advice regarding the dilemma he/she may be facing when undergoing his/her internship while studying.

If you actually pass comprehension, you may be able to see that the student was asking for advice regarding the feelings he/she is experiencing and not whether he/she should take another internship or not.

However, given that you have a seemingly similar condescending attitude as the poster that objectively seems to promote in the student's word "nepotism", I am not surprised with the stance you took in your comments.

And to your seemingly ignorance, most in the industry do take LOAs or do have an internship(s) during the undergraduate. If you really doubt my claim, do a simple search on linkedin.
Old 29-03-2022, 08:47 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
It would be arrogance to assume that the student would need to change his/her mindset simply because he/she is asking for advice regarding the dilemma he/she may be facing when undergoing his/her internship while studying.

If you actually pass comprehension, you may be able to see that the student was asking for advice regarding the feelings he/she is experiencing and not whether he/she should take another internship or not.

However, given that you have a seemingly similar condescending attitude as the poster that objectively seems to promote in the student's word "nepotism", I am not surprised with the stance you took in your comments.

And to your seemingly ignorance, most in the industry do take LOAs or do have an internship(s) during the undergraduate. If you really doubt my claim, do a simple search on linkedin.
You sound like the VP guy that graduated from SIM..... Foreign bank VP really damn free every day camp on anonymous forum?
Old 29-03-2022, 08:52 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
You sound like the VP guy that graduated from SIM..... Foreign bank VP really damn free every day camp on anonymous forum?
no and I have not seen 1 from SIM going into BB. You talking about societe generale or BNP tier?
Old 29-03-2022, 11:08 PM
Unregistered

I think graduates applying for fin jobs have tons of internship and other stuff in resume? Granted that my team typically look at experienced hire instead of fresh graduates unless it is internships. So perspective will be different from sell side which looks at fresh graduates application more often

But from my view, if you have one or two relevant internships, able to articulate that the experience and skills are real, can think logically and widely, and attitude seems ok, I think that is good enough. Too many internships (especially if similar) doesn't really value add, and may make me question if you have ability to get the offers or if some of the experience are fluff.