High Finance Thread - Page 27 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




High Finance Thread

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #261 (permalink)  
Old 29-06-2021, 08:17 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Treasury vs risk

Hello! May I know if taking up a treasury analyst role at a MNC (not finance related) or market risk at a local bank focusing on either interest rate risk or liquidity risk is better for long term prospects and which role has better advancement/ exit opportunities in the future? Both are entry level positions. The treasury role is a permanent role which starts off with doing cash management but I heard that there is possible advancement to liquidity management and FX hedging in the future whereas the market risk role is a contract role and will focus on generating reports, working on LCR, NSFR, IRRBB etc and exposure to different market risk functions as time goes by. Any idea which function would be a better option for learning opportunities and long term career with potential chances to get into IB as well?

Reply With Quote
  #262 (permalink)  
Old 30-06-2021, 09:27 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
with potential chances to get into IB as well?
neither - if you do make it to IB from either of these roles it's because of you, not the role

Reply With Quote
  #263 (permalink)  
Old 30-06-2021, 09:40 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello! May I know if taking up a treasury analyst role at a MNC (not finance related) or market risk at a local bank focusing on either interest rate risk or liquidity risk is better for long term prospects and which role has better advancement/ exit opportunities in the future? Both are entry level positions. The treasury role is a permanent role which starts off with doing cash management but I heard that there is possible advancement to liquidity management and FX hedging in the future whereas the market risk role is a contract role and will focus on generating reports, working on LCR, NSFR, IRRBB etc and exposure to different market risk functions as time goes by. Any idea which function would be a better option for learning opportunities and long term career with potential chances to get into IB as well?
Neither. It's very hard to move from Back/Middle Office to Front Office. If you do make it, it will be IN SPITE of your experience.

Understand IB is very competitive and Singapore has small headcount. Why would they hire someone from Treasury when they can hire fresh grads with 5x more relevant experience from PE/IB Internships.

Reply With Quote
  #264 (permalink)  
Old 30-06-2021, 11:02 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
neither - if you do make it to IB from either of these roles it's because of you, not the role
Putting IB aside, any idea which one will be a better career choice for long term prospect? In terms of advancement, transferable skills, learning and exit opportunities etc?
Reply With Quote
  #265 (permalink)  
Old 30-06-2021, 12:51 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

anyone applied for mufg acquisition finance role? how far are you in the process?
Reply With Quote
  #266 (permalink)  
Old 30-06-2021, 04:00 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Wad abt doing settlements at foreign bank (perm) vs risk at local bank (contract)?
Reply With Quote

  #267 (permalink)  
Old 30-06-2021, 06:47 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Putting IB aside, any idea which one will be a better career choice for long term prospect? In terms of advancement, transferable skills, learning and exit opportunities etc?
if you want to be in finance, go to the bank
Reply With Quote
  #268 (permalink)  
Old 07-07-2021, 06:00 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Anyone has any idea on the current salary range for entry-level equity research analysts in a BB bank?


Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills


SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android


SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go


SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app
Reply With Quote
  #269 (permalink)  
Old 07-07-2021, 06:03 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Anyone has any idea on the current salary range for entry-level equity research analysts in a BB bank?
Around 5+ to 6+k/mth. Take note that a lot of equity research roles are being outsourced to cheaper countries.
Reply With Quote
  #270 (permalink)  
Old 07-07-2021, 07:15 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Around 5+ to 6+k/mth. Take note that a lot of equity research roles are being outsourced to cheaper countries.
gong jiao wei. equity research pay 2k-3k per month.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
finance, fund management, ibd, m&a, pevc

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Official Lasik/ Relexsmile Thread shirlyn General Discussions 1 18-06-2016 06:33 PM
Household Expenses Breakdown Thread mugster Income and Jobs 10 21-10-2015 09:01 AM
The Gem of UK property (High yield, High Growth, Positive cash flow) newsgprop Market Talk 4 12-01-2015 12:03 PM
UNISIM Alumni thread Gradsoon Income and Jobs 3 25-02-2014 04:38 AM
SIM-UOL Degree in Econs/Finance or Accounting/Finance Shenanigans Income and Jobs 3 07-07-2012 12:41 PM

» 30 Recent Threads
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,696 Replies, 1,289,153 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
13,745 Replies, 4,628,040 Views
How is HTX Associate Programme... ( 1 2 3)
22 Replies, 6,981 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
12,609 Replies, 7,357,201 Views
Citibank Singapore ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
138 Replies, 100,823 Views
Civil/Public Sector -... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
412 Replies, 267,867 Views
Anyone jobless for a long time... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,095 Replies, 1,315,015 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,083 Replies, 2,530,315 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,761 Replies, 1,415,887 Views
UOB Management Associate Program ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
456 Replies, 277,394 Views
DBS tech seed programme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
871 Replies, 225,262 Views
ST Electronics ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,337 Replies, 576,213 Views
MAS for Mid Career Professionals ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
483 Replies, 274,149 Views
If you can't find a company here... ( 1 2)
13 Replies, 1,598 Views
Nomura
0 Replies, 48 Views
Queries about Cpib application ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,271 Replies, 642,842 Views
Maybank ( 1 2 3)
24 Replies, 6,949 Views
Engineer Pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
317 Replies, 138,809 Views
Work culture in IHiS ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
150 Replies, 138,182 Views
Roles in accenture singapore ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,021 Replies, 524,603 Views
IMDA (under MCI) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
120 Replies, 58,326 Views
Starting Pay for CS/Ministries... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
244 Replies, 110,695 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,009 Replies, 2,507,365 Views
How much are you earning per annum? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
12,699 Replies, 4,359,751 Views
GIC (Government of Singapore... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
329 Replies, 454,030 Views
Asset Management Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
33 Replies, 4,167 Views
Pacific Century CyberWorks (PCCW)
1 Replies, 71 Views
Working Culture in IRAS ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
56 Replies, 86,669 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 07:18 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2