Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   High Finance Thread (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/11831-high-finance-thread.html)

gutenberg03129g 04-08-2020 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 143130)
Hey guys

This post isnt for asking for career advice.

What do you think about DB moving their apac hq to Singapore. I assume this is due to them distancing themselves from China. However, is it likely that they will move back immediately after the november election when things cool down?

Cheers

It would be pretty silly for them to move their APAC HQ to Singapore only to move it back to Hong Kong within a year or two. Anyway, from what I understand, the HQ isnít actually moving, itís just that the CEO will be based here. And this has happened before; itís nothing really new, and DB's APAC office recently reaffirmed the dual Hong Kong-Singapore hub strategy.

Unregistered 05-08-2020 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 143130)
Hey guys

This post isnt for asking for career advice.

What do you think about DB moving their apac hq to Singapore. I assume this is due to them distancing themselves from China. However, is it likely that they will move back immediately after the november election when things cool down?

Cheers

what tf is a DB?

Unregistered 06-08-2020 09:45 AM

Deutsche Bank, duh

gutenberg03129g 14-08-2020 04:11 AM

By any chance, would anyone know what is the entry salary for a transaction banking analyst at banks such as BAML or DB? (And a stupid question to add on my end: would this be considered an FO role or MO/BO?)

Unregistered 14-08-2020 02:11 PM

It depends on why your roles and responsibilities are, there is FO MO and BO within transaction banking too.

Can you share the JD? Easier to access that way

Unregistered 14-08-2020 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 143855)
It depends on why your roles and responsibilities are, there is FO MO and BO within transaction banking too.

Can you share the JD? Easier to access that way

Ah I see. Thinking of the FO and MO (non--operations side) of things, so creating and writing the proposals for transactions, conducting the research etc. Under BAML and DB it's under "Global Transactions Services", while under JPM it's under "Wholesale Payments and Corporate Banking" so I'm thinking of those.

Unregistered 14-08-2020 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 143872)
Ah I see. Thinking of the FO and MO (non--operations side) of things, so creating and writing the proposals for transactions, conducting the research etc. Under BAML and DB it's under "Global Transactions Services", while under JPM it's under "Wholesale Payments and Corporate Banking" so I'm thinking of those.

Just to clear things up, MO is operations. However your role sounds like the FO space, BAML corporate banking is 4-5k start. Reckon JPM about the same. GTS is one of, if not, the lowest paid department in front office.

Unregistered 16-08-2020 12:50 PM

Is it true that Singapore work-life culture in ib is worse than nyc/london

sinkingfeeling 16-08-2020 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 143936)

Who cares? You're earning big bucks that most Singaporeans can only dream of :(

Unregistered 16-08-2020 11:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 143936)

No. In ny/ldn, going through the "magic roundabout" is very normal. In sg hardly.