Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   job hopper (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/11830-job-hopper.html)

wintrysun 25-07-2019 01:11 AM

job hopper

how to overcome the stigma of job hopper? sigh. is it better to just say i am unemployed and took a long break for personal reasons rather than the fact i keep hopping jobs?:(

Unregistered 25-07-2019 01:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wintrysun (Post 122058)
how to overcome the stigma of job hopper? sigh. is it better to just say i am unemployed and took a long break for personal reasons rather than the fact i keep hopping jobs?:(

Just say your mother sick need people take care.

Unregistered 25-07-2019 08:09 AM

Quote:

How often do you change jobs to be classified as job hopper?

Unregistered 25-07-2019 09:21 AM

Advice from mentors
You are more marketable if you apply for a new job while being employed

Unregistered 25-07-2019 09:32 AM

Quote:

hahaha. i just quit my job after 1.5 months so this post really resonated with me. Im planning to leave out this job altogether in my cv. I think if it less than a year, it would be better to say that you took a break. Then go do something during the break. I'm doing a masters atm so it doesn't look too bad.

AizenSousuke 25-07-2019 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 122067)

imho less than 1 year..

wintrysun 26-07-2019 12:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 122074)
hahaha. i just quit my job after 1.5 months so this post really resonated with me. Im planning to leave out this job altogether in my cv. I think if it less than a year, it would be better to say that you took a break. Then go do something during the break. I'm doing a masters atm so it doesn't look too bad.

mine is 10 months.....lehh...

wintrysun 26-07-2019 12:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 122067)

1 year 1 job..

Unregistered 12-10-2019 12:39 AM

Hi TS, i believe it depends on how you justify yourself during interviews.
I have switched 4 companies in 3 years due to the following reasons
1. 1 year contract
2. 6months contract
3. 2months contract
4. 1.5 years perm role and on-going.

For my case, everytime i went interview i will jus told them honestly that it is a contract role and although i was offered a renewal contract/perm role, i rejected due to the job scope that they offer me.

I did not include #3 as i find it too short and abit irrelevant while applying the job #4.

Acceptable reasons to give will most probably be seeking for a perm role, helping sick family(tske care of elderly)