Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   MCI and IMDA (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/11815-mci-imda.html)

Azureblue 19-07-2019 07:00 AM

MCI and IMDA
 
Hi all,

Anybody who have worked at either Ministry of Communications and Information (MCI) and/or the Infocomm Media Development Authority (IMDA) care to share their opinions and experiences of the work and organisation culture at these places?

Thanks in advance and greatly appreciated!

Unregistered 19-07-2019 10:26 AM

Have been with IMDA for a year and a half now. Organization culture is pretty friendly, not too many politics and drama given that its a statboard. However, should you choose to join the public service, please be prepared for the multi layers of approval and red lines that severely impacts the efficiency on a lot of matters.

Aside from the typical cons of the public service, id say IMDA is a pretty nice place to work at. Weve got a killer pantry/office which is a plus too.

Unregistered 19-07-2019 08:52 PM

Imda
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 121790)
Have been with IMDA for a year and a half now. Organization culture is pretty friendly, not too many politics and drama given that its a statboard. However, should you choose to join the public service, please be prepared for the multi layers of approval and red lines that severely impacts the efficiency on a lot of matters.

Aside from the typical cons of the public service, id say IMDA is a pretty nice place to work at. Weve got a killer pantry/office which is a plus too.

Sorry to interrupt;
How's the work-life balance? Or any comments about the workload and organization/management direction? Thanks

Unregistered 21-07-2019 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 121807)
Sorry to interrupt;
How's the work-life balance? Or any comments about the workload and organization/management direction? Thanks

wrong place to come if you are looking for work life balance. this org is looking for high performing ppl. if u want to come and slack, wrong place.

if you cannot perform, you will be ask to go. workload is high and you are expected to do things well yet fast.

management is pretty good, but whole org overworked.

Unregistered 22-07-2019 12:49 PM

Which MX grade is IMDA grade 7 pegged to? Anyone here knows?

Unregistered 22-07-2019 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 121904)
Which MX grade is IMDA grade 7 pegged to? Anyone here knows?

Grade 7 is very low bro. Grades 6 and 7 are for fresh graduates or 0-1 years of experience.

Unregistered 22-07-2019 03:09 PM

I was with IMDA for less than a year. These are pros and cons: -

Pro
(1) Remuneration is supposedly pegged to fast-growing tech sector.
(2) Lots of interesting projects that have direct impact on Singapore society and Singapore economy.
(3) A lot of projects are in national spotlight. You can see Singapore 2019 budget and more than 20% of the projects therein (relating to economy) are spearheaded by IMDA.

Con
(1) Government service is bureaucratic and the directors (and those below) are fearful and only want to protect their position. I joined mid-career and i have never seen people so fearful of giving less than favourable news to their line managers.
(2) Hierarchical and divorced from private sector.
(3) High turnover. When I was there, between 15-20% leaves the organisation within a 12 month period.
(4) Level of competence of your colleagues (even those who are assistant or deputy director level) are very very low.

Unregistered 22-07-2019 09:42 PM

Annual Bonus at IMDA
 
Anybody can share about the annual bonus package at IMDA? Around how many months for an average performer? Also, what does the package consists of and do they follow the ministries' publicly announced mid-year and year-end AVC bonuses? Thx alot!! (:

Unregistered 23-07-2019 01:03 PM

mid year and year end should be announced

Unregistered 24-07-2019 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 121928)
Anybody can share about the annual bonus package at IMDA? Around how many months for an average performer? Also, what does the package consists of and do they follow the ministries' publicly announced mid-year and year-end AVC bonuses? Thx alot!! (:

IMDA pays salary, 13th month, performance bonus and corporate bonus. Performance bonus for a new joiner is 2.75 months (and this is quite fixed unless you are an exceptional performer or got a promotion). Corporate bonus is between 1 to 1.5 months.

They don't follow the ministry.


All times are GMT +8. The time now is 12:11 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2