Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Payment questions (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/11764-payment-questions.html)

racheltoh 17-06-2019 06:02 PM

Payment questions

I'm a girl who is into her first job in her life.

I signed an employment contract mid of last month. It is for a shift work: 8am to 8pm.

For the first two weeks, I had to attend some courses from 9am to 5pm which are paid by the company. The courses are paid by the company provided that I passed. I passed and now I have to serve at least one year's bond.

My salary period is "calendar month".

The company said that I will receive the training allowance together with this month's salary at the end of this month.

My questions are:

1) Why will I be getting a training allowance instead of a normal salary?
2) Is it allowed for the company to delay the payment?

Obviously there is no point asking HR because I won't know if they are smoking me.

Unregistered 17-06-2019 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by racheltoh (Post 120572)

I signed an employment contract mid of last month. It is for a shift work: 8am to 8pm.

For the first two weeks, I had to attend some courses from 9am to 5pm which are paid by the company. The courses are paid by the company provided that I passed. I passed and now I have to serve at least one year's bond.

The company said that I will receive the training allowance together with this month's salary at the end of this month.

My questions are:

Obviously there is no point asking HR because I won't know if they are smoking me.

what kind of courses are you taking? sounds pretty fishy to me about the whole scenario you are saying. did the company told u to take course first or was it your interest and the fact that they are not paying you that relies on how many hours you have worked for.. atleast should pay you for 5pm-8pm....

Unregistered 17-06-2019 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 120577)
what kind of courses are you taking? sounds pretty fishy to me about the whole scenario you are saying. did the company told u to take course first or was it your interest and the fact that they are not paying you that relies on how many hours you have worked for.. atleast should pay you for 5pm-8pm....

WSQ courses.
I am required to take the courses first. Since they are paying for it, can I presume that the day I attend the course is the official start date of my employment?

Unregistered 18-06-2019 10:14 AM

Not very sure what you are asking actually.

Are you asking because you are receiving a training allowance instead of your salary? Or are you receiving an allowance in addition to your salary?

WSQ courses are usually subsidized by the govt for companies sending their employees for training. So you have to be considered an employee from the 1st day of the course. Also, the company should be deducting anything from your salary for course fees if they are receiving subsidies.

Under the Employment Act, employers have to pay salary once a month and within 7 days after end of the salary period. Meaning for June's wages, the company have to pay by 7th July.

Unregistered 18-06-2019 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by racheltoh (Post 120572)

My questions are:

Hey... I hope you’re not using your real name as your username
It’s very risky, goodness

Unregistered 18-06-2019 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 120590)
Hey... I hope you’re not using your real name as your username
It’s very risky, goodness

No Lah that is not my name. It is just a random name.

racheltoh 20-06-2019 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 120585)
Under the Employment Act, employers have to pay salary once a month and within 7 days after end of the salary period. Meaning for June's wages, the company have to pay by 7th July.

Can you clarify further on the quoted paragraph above?

I read on the web that some companies pay in arrears - i.e. if you start mid or later part of this month, then you will get this month's and next month's salaries at the end of next month. (Maybe the info that I read is for USA companies since that site is not Singapore-based.)

racheltoh 20-06-2019 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 120592)
No Lah that is not my name. It is just a random name.

I think the person was referring to me.
It is my real name but oh well, I don't have a time machine.

Unregistered 20-06-2019 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by racheltoh (Post 120659)
I think the person was referring to me.
It is my real name but oh well, I don't have a time machine.

at least you're not using your full name as username right?

My questions are:

you stated "The company said that I will receive the training allowance together with this month's salary at the end of this month."
So you're getting training allowance on top of your full-time salary is that what you're implying?

So i don't get what your question is about unless the company is really just paying you training allowance ONLY, re-read your contract and make sure of it.
Because i am under WSQ and they are only paying me full-time salary.

read your contract u signed. they should state it there clearly