Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Mid-Year Civil Servant Bonus 2019 (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/11693-mid-year-civil-servant-bonus-2019-a.html)

Unregistered 19-06-2020 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 138875)
Im in civil service too, but from my observations we are swamped not because we are working doubly hard, but because there are so many red tapes that are even harder to work through by not being in the office. So it's busier due to self-imposed obstacles.

not sure which agency you're from, but my agency is doing very well at wfh and it hasnt imposed any obstacles on us. In fact, wfh has allowed us to do away with some of these obstacles (which are ironically more present in office environment due to proximity with our higher ups) as we are left to our own devices.

Breaking the red tape also feels a lot easier with wfh as it feels like my higher-ups are a lot more "lenient" online as we all close one eye and try to support each other in these extraordinary times. That said, it means our workloads arent reduced, they are the same/if not more, having to deal with all these up and coming covid-related legislation.

Unregistered 20-06-2020 04:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 138950)
so much hate, really representative of private sector people

Agreed, and in other forums gloat over public service not having bonuses, the 'i-die-you-also-must-die' mentality. SMH.

Unregistered 20-06-2020 07:15 AM

To be honest, all their salary and bonuses came from tax payers money. If economy bad, they should suffer together with all the other workers in Sg. They are suppose to serve the nation. Its not purely about the dollars and cents anymore. This is a good time to sieve out the jiak liao bee from those that really want to serve

Unregistered 20-06-2020 08:10 AM

To many, this is just another job, a career, to feed their family. Just like voluntary welfare organisations, why do they need to pay their staff a salary if you expect them to be sincere about serving, about volunteering? Those JLBs that skive and not serious about work, even a pay cut won't be able to sieve them out... they know for sure they can't really survive out there, and that this pay cut will only be temporary so they will just work the bare minimum to keep their job.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 139043)
To be honest, all their salary and bonuses came from tax payers money. If economy bad, they should suffer together with all the other workers in Sg. They are suppose to serve the nation. Its not purely about the dollars and cents anymore. This is a good time to sieve out the jiak liao bee from those that really want to serve

Unregistered 20-06-2020 08:23 AM

Wait for ereccctionn duties to get some monehhb

Unregistered 20-06-2020 10:13 AM

Quite spot on in your 'i die u also must die' comment. I guess that's the mentality of some low mentality folks. Luckily there isn't any paycut for those below superscale. The zero mid year bonus is totally expected and fortunately, it won't hurt much for most of us.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 139042)
Agreed, and in other forums gloat over public service not having bonuses, the 'i-die-you-also-must-die' mentality. SMH.

Unregistered 20-06-2020 11:04 AM

I'm not 100% sure, but I think election officials don't get paid.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 139047)
Wait for ereccctionn duties to get some monehhb

Unregistered 20-06-2020 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 139068)
I'm not 100% sure, but I think election officials don't get paid.

Goes to show u never do ereccctionn duty before...

Unregistered 20-06-2020 11:10 AM

Yeah, I haven't. Good to know there's some compensation for the time spent, then.

But it's also probably a token amount that's nowhere near their actually daily wage, right? Can correct me if I'm wrong again. 😂

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 139069)
Goes to show u never do ereccctionn duty before...

Unregistered 20-06-2020 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 138950)
so much hate, really representative of private sector people

I'm from public service so you're mistaken.