Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Companies (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/)
-   -   Apple (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/11489-apple.html)

skarfy 24-03-2019 05:57 AM

Apple

Hi all

I just received a job offer from Apple for the Genius permanent role.

I'm a diploma holder with about 3 years customer service experience. Currently doing private degree with murdoch at kaplan for cybersecurity

Anyone knows hows Apple salary bracket is like? How should I negotiate? Currently offer at hand is about 4.5k/month. Other benefits are good but there are no bonus (13 month etc). I looked through Glassdoor but Singapore side don't have data. US side if convert, the median should be 5.1k.

As of now, keen to take the job as jobless. Appreciate any advice, thank you.

Unregistered 24-03-2019 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skarfy (Post 115348)
Hi all

I'm a diploma holder with about 3 years customer service experience. Currently doing private degree with murdoch at kaplan for cybersecurity

Anyone knows hows Apple salary bracket is like? How should I negotiate? Currently offer at hand is about 4.5k/month. Other benefits are good but there are no bonus (13 month etc). I looked through Glassdoor but Singapore side don't have data. US side if convert, the median should be 5.1k.

What are the other benefits?

skarfy 24-03-2019 11:38 AM

Umm as in the basic medical and all that, it's literally called Singapore benefit so it's no different than anyone else of the same standard im guessing?

Unregistered 24-03-2019 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skarfy (Post 115355)
Umm as in the basic medical and all that, it's literally called Singapore benefit so it's no different than anyone else of the same standard im guessing?

No need to negotiate, they make very numerous such offers in a year and terms are fairly standard across the board.

skarfy 24-03-2019 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 115356)
No need to negotiate, they make very numerous such offers in a year and terms are fairly standard across the board.

Thank you, but im sure there's a range, and i believe im getting less than the median, how would you suggest i deal with this?

Unregistered 24-03-2019 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skarfy (Post 115358)
Thank you, but im sure there's a range, and i believe im getting less than the median, how would you suggest i deal with this?

Say you want to keep your options open as you have an offer from Banana too.

Unregistered 24-03-2019 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skarfy (Post 115358)
Thank you, but im sure there's a range, and i believe i'm getting less than the median, how would you suggest i deal with this?

I believe a good number of people working there have degrees. Unfortunately this is the market today. Hence, their salary would be higher than yours. Nonetheless, the pay is already very competitive. HK CSE Apple pays 20,000 HKD.

Do not think you have any room for negotiation at all. You can try and risk getting your offer rescinded if you piss them off.

Ambition 24-03-2019 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skarfy (Post 115348)
Hi all

Equivalent of 3.3k in civil service if I take 4.5x12 ÷ 16 (civil service). For a diploma holder with 3 years of experience that's not bad at all, assuming most diploma holder start around 2k.

Whats more if you put Apple on your resume as compared to [insert local company] , I'm pretty sure you are more likely to get calls later in your career.

If you are jobless, I wonder what's stopping you from accepting. Nobody will let you squeeze them from 4.5k to 5.1k. That's more than 10%. Pretty big risk IMO.

Unregistered 24-03-2019 11:07 PM

You'll be a ****ing idiot not to take it, given your qualifications.

People would kill to have the chance to accept your job.

Unregistered 25-03-2019 04:09 PM

4.5k for a diploma holder with only 3 years working experience is very good already. If you want to compare with overseas, then perhaps you shouldn't be working in Singapore.US tax is so much higher than Singapore..