Job offer from Apple - Page 3 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




Job offer from Apple

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #21 (permalink)  
Old 26-03-2019, 04:16 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by skarfy View Post
Hi all

I just received a job offer from Apple for the Genius permanent role.

I'm a diploma holder with about 3 years customer service experience. Currently doing private degree with murdoch at kaplan for cybersecurity

Anyone knows hows Apple salary bracket is like? How should I negotiate? Currently offer at hand is about 4.5k/month. Other benefits are good but there are no bonus (13 month etc). I looked through Glassdoor but Singapore side don't have data. US side if convert, the median should be 5.1k.

As of now, keen to take the job as jobless. Appreciate any advice, thank you.
u're being extremely narrow-minded. have you factored in CPF employer's contributions? what about the vastly different tax rates?

the offer is fantastic given your credentials. stop being self-entitled.

Reply With Quote
  #22 (permalink)  
Old 26-03-2019, 04:30 PM
Verified Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 11
skarfy is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
not the same person as above

my sentiments exactly. sign buddy. they know you are jobless and have no chips. If you sign and they rescind subsequently, u can bang HR director's table, legally.
Thank you, I appreciate your inputs on the matter, will take note of that last sentence tho

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
HR will forget you quickly, and actually, you really don't have to care. its your right to negotiate. your superior just wants a human to do the work, they don't care if you got lowball or highball.

FYI, in future, to negotiate it is better to directly call the DID. take a deep breath, think of your script, what u want to say if u get rejected bla bla bla....

congrats buddy, you must have clicked by now. sweet deal indeed with a multinational. excellent to write in your resume.
Thank you, indeed I have signed it now I feel mega happy to have gotten this done with. Yes unfortunately in the first call for the offer, I wasn't able to articulate well for the negotiation. Will definitely try again in the future, maybe in the yearly review or something

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
u're being extremely narrow-minded. have you factored in CPF employer's contributions? what about the vastly different tax rates?

the offer is fantastic given your credentials. stop being self-entitled.
The US has a CPF thingy too as well and it is separate from what I gather on Glassdoor. I don't deny it is a fantastic offer but a lowball is still a lowball afterall, based on my observations in my post above. Nevertheless, I am humble they are willing to take a chance on me for the role of Genius.


Thank you all for your feedbacks. I couldn't have done it without your input, gave me good perspective. I hope others who will be going through the same situation as me can use this thread for your reference. I may update it in the future to let you all know the outcome


Last edited by skarfy; 26-03-2019 at 04:32 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #23 (permalink)  
Old 26-03-2019, 07:01 PM
Verified Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 11
skarfy is on a distinguished road
Default

Hahaha just to quickly update, I got the call 50 minutes after the deadline. Could be a coincidence could be a HR tactic. Eitherway it was a short call as I couldn't do anything then.

Reply With Quote
  #24 (permalink)  
Old 27-03-2019, 11:12 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by skarfy View Post
Hahaha just to quickly update, I got the call 50 minutes after the deadline. Could be a coincidence could be a HR tactic. Eitherway it was a short call as I couldn't do anything then.
So that u cannot claim their HR not responsive or ignored you. If the HR sounded foreign, there's a chance they just reached the office, 10am over there, who knows.

For the sake of curiosity may I know if you indicated indepth knowledge of Apple products? And what's your dip in?
Reply With Quote
  #25 (permalink)  
Old 27-03-2019, 01:40 PM
Verified Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 11
skarfy is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
So that u cannot claim their HR not responsive or ignored you. If the HR sounded foreign, there's a chance they just reached the office, 10am over there, who knows.

For the sake of curiosity may I know if you indicated indepth knowledge of Apple products? And what's your dip in?
It's always been the same HR in all my interviews. The HR is brought in from Australia. We've seen him in all the interviews. But he could have moved back to Australia so that'd make him only 2 hours difference maximum.

I actually applied for the first level role, technical specialist, so one of those you see in their shops teaching you how to use Apple products. There was an introductory to the roles before interviews started and in my second interview I mentioned I have no prior knowledge but found the 3rd level role, Genius, to be interesting (as it involved hands on repair) and whether if it's something I can apply for or work up to (like I said, I'm a strong believer of if you don't ask you won't know lol) . Consequently from there, I received a call for a role discovery session, HR told me interviewers thought Genius might be a more suitable role for myself. And so I went for the role discovery session and the third and final round of interview for the role of Genius.

My diploma is hospitality related.

An article came out on Vulcan, seems like two locations upcoming - Jewel and outside of MBS. They just posted new jobs on their socials and website.

Last edited by skarfy; 27-03-2019 at 01:44 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #26 (permalink)  
Old 27-03-2019, 08:52 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by skarfy View Post
It's always been the same HR in all my interviews. The HR is brought in from Australia. We've seen him in all the interviews. But he could have moved back to Australia so that'd make him only 2 hours difference maximum.

I actually applied for the first level role, technical specialist, so one of those you see in their shops teaching you how to use Apple products. There was an introductory to the roles before interviews started and in my second interview I mentioned I have no prior knowledge but found the 3rd level role, Genius, to be interesting (as it involved hands on repair) and whether if it's something I can apply for or work up to (like I said, I'm a strong believer of if you don't ask you won't know lol) . Consequently from there, I received a call for a role discovery session, HR told me interviewers thought Genius might be a more suitable role for myself. And so I went for the role discovery session and the third and final round of interview for the role of Genius.

My diploma is hospitality related.

An article came out on Vulcan, seems like two locations upcoming - Jewel and outside of MBS. They just postd new jobs on their socials and website.
I wasn't expecting such a detailed post, thanks Skarfy. Congrats on landing such a well paying job in this horrible economy.

Ps. Australians are very relaxed. Europeans even more.
Reply With Quote

  #27 (permalink)  
Old 18-04-2019, 12:14 AM
Guest123
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Smile Just curious

Hi, this reply might not be relevant to your question but i was just wondering if you did the first and second interview last December @ Hilton Hotel? I passed the first and second round of interview for the east side recruitment (which is Jewel Airport's Apple Store). My third round of interview was supposed to be in January but got delayed and is confirmed to be held tomorrow at the Apple HQ in AMK. Honestly, i'm not really sure what to expect. I just chanced upon your thread and was wondering if you know what the salary range is for an Apple technical specialist?

Is it possible for me to request for Apple Genius? i read on other forums that all new technicians start off as Apple Technical Specialists before being able to become Apple Genius. I have a diploma that is hospitality related too and i do repair Iphones for my family and friends. Really wish i could be closer to the hands on repair as i do enjoy it.
Reply With Quote
  #28 (permalink)  
Old 25-04-2019, 05:26 PM
Verified Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 11
skarfy is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest123 View Post
Hi, this reply might not be relevant to your question but i was just wondering if you did the first and second interview last December @ Hilton Hotel? I passed the first and second round of interview for the east side recruitment (which is Jewel Airport's Apple Store). My third round of interview was supposed to be in January but got delayed and is confirmed to be held tomorrow at the Apple HQ in AMK. Honestly, i'm not really sure what to expect. I just chanced upon your thread and was wondering if you know what the salary range is for an Apple technical specialist?

Is it possible for me to request for Apple Genius? i read on other forums that all new technicians start off as Apple Technical Specialists before being able to become Apple Genius. I have a diploma that is hospitality related too and i do repair Iphones for my family and friends. Really wish i could be closer to the hands on repair as i do enjoy it.
Sorry for the late reply. Yes I think we're the same. Definitely express your interest, you never know if your interviewer believes in you. The HR said the same thing to me - they don't usually offer Genius right up. You should definitely give it a go though. Nothing to lose. Specialist median is about 3k based in Glassdoor.

Edit: how did it go for you?
Reply With Quote
  #29 (permalink)  
Old 29-07-2019, 02:02 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 7
Dude333 is on a distinguished road
Default

I believe Apple gives stock as well right. Not sure if you received the stock for your role.
Reply With Quote
  #30 (permalink)  
Old 29-08-2019, 07:02 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Posts: 4
dwade is on a distinguished road
Default

Currently earning arnd $5k alr
HR mentioning might be suitable for specialist.

would there be a chance they'll offer less than from what I'm earning?
am a degree holder.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
If accepted a job offer, can accept another offer which comes before the start? dreamzknight Income and Jobs 5 01-04-2018 06:44 PM
Apple Singapore LMaoking Income and Jobs 13 22-02-2017 09:33 PM
Work for Apple? Henney Income and Jobs 49 31-03-2016 04:30 PM
anyone work in apple? lameyisp Income and Jobs 28 06-01-2015 02:43 PM
Apple : The Genius of Steve Jobs BOT General Discussions 0 10-10-2011 11:10 PM

» 30 Recent Threads
Which degree is the best return on... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
35 Replies, 8,013 Views
Constituency Manager (People... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
834 Replies, 419,056 Views
MAS : Mid Career Professionals ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
113 Replies, 89,154 Views
Exxon Mobil Equipment tech or... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,751 Replies, 489,829 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,770 Replies, 830,547 Views
Dsta ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
759 Replies, 506,593 Views
Civil Service Performance Bonus ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,255 Replies, 1,019,012 Views
Enterprise Singapore hiriing... ( 1 2 3)
24 Replies, 14,765 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,044 Replies, 816,494 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,895 Replies, 1,747,828 Views
DBS Graduate Associate Program ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
615 Replies, 310,616 Views
DBS Management Associate Program... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,171 Replies, 203,605 Views
Job offer from Apple ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
313 Replies, 53,956 Views
Anyone jobless for a long time... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,591 Replies, 976,053 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,043 Replies, 1,380,925 Views
Factual Local Bank Salaries - DBS... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
41 Replies, 45,267 Views
How much are you earning per annum? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
11,853 Replies, 3,611,403 Views
ST Electronics ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
382 Replies, 170,851 Views
MasterCard Graduate Developement...
8 Replies, 2,776 Views
Roles in accenture singapore ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
288 Replies, 226,653 Views
Govtech bonus ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
30 Replies, 12,466 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,865 Replies, 2,104,850 Views
Need career advice
4 Replies, 792 Views
SPF (Direct-Entry Inspector)
9 Replies, 1,174 Views
is it crazy to give up a 100k P.A... ( 1 2 3)
27 Replies, 21,807 Views
Career switches - job options and... ( 1 2)
13 Replies, 2,372 Views
OCBC Young Bankers Programme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
97 Replies, 71,188 Views
AML/Compliance/KYC professionals... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,370 Replies, 539,007 Views
Job search for returning...
1 Replies, 336 Views
Infineon Technologies
1 Replies, 255 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 08:01 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2