Need some opinion - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries

Need some opinion

Old 17-03-2019, 12:11 AM

supermannn is on a distinguished road
Default Need some opinion

I just graduated from NUS (with 2nd upper). Working in a MNC with 2.9K monthly. I think I am underpaid. and i am considering to look for other job.
would like to ask for some opinion on this. and also curious about the pay range for a fresh grad - both private and public sector?

Old 17-03-2019, 01:28 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by supermannn View Post
I just graduated from NUS (with 2nd upper). Working in a MNC with 2.9K monthly. I think I am underpaid. and i am considering to look for other job.
would like to ask for some opinion on this. and also curious about the pay range for a fresh grad - both private and public sector?
It depends on which industry you're in.

Most public sector pay is usually in the 4-4.5k range. Of course this differs based the govt enterprise/stat board you enter. i.e. GIC vs MTI

For private sector ranges are wide. Highest pay can be up to almost 8-10k for IBD/S&T/PB and big 4 grads get around 2.8k+. MA programs are around 4-5k, varying across the different industries.

Old 17-03-2019, 01:31 AM
Unregistered

progression in pvt is faster compared to public sector.
Even though your starting salary will be higher in public sector due to your class of honours, but subsequently, your increments will be lower.

Old 17-03-2019, 07:44 AM
Unregistered

My suggestion is to stay put and gain some experience as a fresh graduate. You have to give explanation if you leave without a job or leave a job with short tenure.

I started with 2900 back in 2012 and I got the job prior to graduation. Back then my main priority is to get employed and start repayment my study loan. Some of my peers who got first class honours or double degree took close to 1 year to get a desired job.

Another important factor is to meet a good boss/mentor who can teach you the ropes.

Many non monetary factors come into play when you consider whether you like your job.
Old 17-03-2019, 07:55 PM

tiredv is on a distinguished road

which industry and role are you in TS, maybe that can shed some light whether you are really underpaid.
Old 19-03-2019, 06:46 PM
Unregistered

Thumbs down

yesterday i joined a new job thru capita as a cso but pay is low 1800 pm. I am a degree grad took this job bcos couldnt stand myself sitting at home. yesterday i joined but the location was different from the contract i have signed. Initially, they told me this location is for time being but later manager said i am working here permanently. i spoke to my manager about this and he said im working perm at a different location (that was not stated in the contract), and if i have a problem with that i should talk to my capita agent. i spoke to my agent and she said i am complaining and im the first one to complain about :/ . what she doesnt know that is i could press charges for breaching the contract as the working location is different. I was so ready to work in the designated location that was stated in the contract (e.g work attire, attitude etc) and the location that im being posted for is so slow paced and dull. I decided not to go work and my agent said i have to give 1 month notice period but I don't wish to work for a location that is forcing me to work when I did not sign for this assignment. Could I be blacklisted for future jobs? And what shall I do to my agent? This is so sickening guys please help me it is my first ever job and I hate it. I have spoken to my friend who is a marine lawyer and he said that the contract is already been breached since they told you to work in a different location which I did not signed up for. He told me to write this in an email and send it to my agent. I have written the email and have sent it to her but until now no reply.

Just to note the working locations are all under same company

How do I prevent myself from getting blacklisted?

Old 19-03-2019, 06:58 PM
Unregistered

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
yesterday i joined a new job thru capita as a cso but pay is low 1800 pm. I am a degree grad took this job bcos couldnt stand myself sitting at home. yesterday i joined but the location was different from the contract i have signed. Initially, they told me this location is for time being but later manager said i am working here permanently. i spoke to my manager about this and he said im working perm at a different location (that was not stated in the contract), and if i have a problem with that i should talk to my capita agent. i spoke to my agent and she said i am complaining and im the first one to complain about :/ . what she doesnt know that is i could press charges for breaching the contract as the working location is different. I was so ready to work in the designated location that was stated in the contract (e.g work attire, attitude etc) and the location that im being posted for is so slow paced and dull. I decided not to go work and my agent said i have to give 1 month notice period but I don't wish to work for a location that is forcing me to work when I did not sign for this assignment. Could I be blacklisted for future jobs? And what shall I do to my agent? This is so sickening guys please help me it is my first ever job and I hate it. I have spoken to my friend who is a marine lawyer and he said that the contract is already been breached since they told you to work in a different location which I did not signed up for. He told me to write this in an email and send it to my agent. I have written the email and have sent it to her but until now no reply.

Did the contract state that the company is allowed to deploy you at any location when needed?

You have nothing to lose by stating to agent on the contract clauses.
Old 20-03-2019, 09:22 AM
Unregistered

Quote:

I think you should know the answer yourself whether you will be blacklist not. By not turning up for work and also not giving 1 month notice and writing email to HR. Do you think they will pretend everything did not happen and arrange for you your second job? Since there are so many job agency around, just go to others..
Old 22-03-2019, 02:16 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Did the contract state that the company is allowed to deploy you at any location when needed?

The contract that i signed for was agreed to work in X place but was put to work in Y place and when I started to ask questions about both my manager and agent said i was complaining. So i contacted my friend who is a lawyer ans he told me to draft an email to the agent that the contract has already been breached and if I continue to work in a different assignment that i did not agreed upon it, it is like forcing me to work. The agent had agreed to come my way and decided to terminate my contract. I think she scaredy cat lol when she made me sign a breached contract. First job first agent some more. I dont think i could be blacklist for this reason if agent understood my terms right

FYI agency is capita. I suggest u should always ask extra questions about the workplace and have a copy for yourself of whatever u signed up for.
Old 22-03-2019, 02:22 PM
Unregistered

Quote:

The contract that i signed for was agreed to work in X place but was put to work in Y place and when I started to ask questions about both my manager and agent said i was complaining. So i contacted my friend who is a lawyer ans he told me to draft an email to the agent that the contract has already been breached and if I continue to work in a different assignment that i did not agreed upon it, it is like forcing me to work. The agent had agreed to come my way and decided to terminate my contract. I think she scaredy cat lol when she made me sign a breached contract. First job first agent some more. I dont think i could be blacklist for this reason if agent understood my terms right

FYI agency is capita. I suggest u should always ask extra questions about the workplace and have a copy for yourself of whatever u signed up for.