Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Salary Calculation (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/11402-salary-calculation.html)

koroquette 15-02-2019 02:31 PM

Salary Calculation

Hello everybody,

Newbie here *waves*
I'd like to enquire if anyone can advise on the calculation of salary payout in Statutory Boards.

Understand that the payout will be 10th of every month. I am joining on 1 March.

Questions
1. When will I get my first pay - 10th March or 10th April?

2. If it's 10th March, will it be calculated from 1st to 10th March or 1st to 31st March? And since 10th March is a Sunday, does that mean salary will be banked in on 8th March?

3. If it's 10th April, what will be the period inclusive?

Thanks in advance everybody :)

koroquette 15-02-2019 08:52 PM

*Bump*

No one in statutory boards here?

Unregistered 15-02-2019 09:54 PM

Im nt in a stat board but one rule is clear - the govt never owes.

Basically if u join 1 march u w get salary on 10 march for the whole month from 1 march until 31 march.

If you join after 10 march eg 11 march you will get the last mth from 11 mar to 31 mar on 10 april plus the whole mth salary from 1 april to 30 april.

That is how it works in my ministry. The date differ but the basic principle does not. The only deviation is when you resign then the organisation will prorate it to the number of days that remain in the month in which you leave.

You might want to check with your HR again.

koroquette 16-02-2019 01:19 AM

Hello there,

Guess my new HR has given me the wrong information previously that I have to wait till 10 April to receive March's payout.

Your sharing sounds right and similar to what I have gathered so far. Thank you for taking the time to share :)

Unregistered 11-05-2021 09:58 AM

Stat board Partial month calculations

Would you be able to share how partial month is calculated by stat board since they are not covered under employment act, please? I heard that the calculation counts Sat and Sun as paid day.

Unregistered 14-05-2021 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by koroquette (Post 113829)
Hello everybody,

Newbie here *waves*
I'd like to enquire if anyone can advise on the calculation of salary payout in Statutory Boards.

Understand that the payout will be 10th of every month. I am joining on 1 March.

Questions
1. When will I get my first pay - 10th March or 10th April?

2. If it's 10th March, will it be calculated from 1st to 10th March or 1st to 31st March? And since 10th March is a Sunday, does that mean salary will be banked in on 8th March?

3. If it's 10th April, what will be the period inclusive?

Thanks in advance everybody :)

Im from a (different) SB here. You should be expecting your first salary in the following month. However, I received mine slightly earlier.

10 Mar - 31 Mar (Received on end Mar)
1 - 30 Apr (Received on 10 Apr)

Not sure if yours is the same though...

Unregistered 12-06-2021 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 168807)
Im from a (different) SB here. You should be expecting your first salary in the following month. However, I received mine slightly earlier.

10 Mar - 31 Mar (Received on end Mar)
1 - 30 Apr (Received on 10 Apr)

Not sure if yours is the same though...

i still havent received anything hmm