Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Companies (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/)
-   -   CSA (Cyber Security Agency) (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/11355-csa-cyber-security-agency.html)

Unregistered 29-05-2020 02:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 135577)
Heard from a senior colleague there that they're offering a cybersecurity development programme for fresh hires. They must be trying really hard to retain new staff.

heard the pay is 4.6k, not too shabby

Unregistered 29-05-2020 03:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 135577)
Heard from a senior colleague there that they're offering a cybersecurity development programme for fresh hires. They must be trying really hard to retain new staff.

More like fresh hires are ill equipped with no skills to be a cybersecurity expert

Unregistered 29-05-2020 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 135599)
More like fresh hires are ill equipped with no skills to be a cybersecurity expert

wow guys why so salty?

Unregistered 30-05-2020 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 135599)

Inside full of ex military people, enough said about their cybersecurity skills.

Unregistered 30-05-2020 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 135789)
Inside full of ex military people, enough said about their cybersecurity skills.

true.. i have friend inside. ask me better dont join.. he say inside mostly ex-regular only know how to command ppl but have no skill at all.. he did not learn anything useful inside..

only delegate and push to those youngsters to do..

if you know what does CSA actually do, most of the middle management have 0 cyber knowledge... they are doing policy and managing the agencies only.. the rest are outsource to NCS, ensign, trustwave...

Unregistered 05-08-2020 01:38 PM

Is starting pay and pay structure at CSA same as the other MCI ones like say, govtech? If I am entering as a 2nd upper, IT role and degree (but not cybersec) from local. I also can't tell from this if I will be qualified to enter the CSP scheme as I am not "strictly" a cybersecurity background person. Anyone knows how much to expect?

Unregistered 05-08-2020 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 143325)
Is starting pay and pay structure at CSA same as the other MCI ones like say, govtech? If I am entering as a 2nd upper, IT role and degree (but not cybersec) from local. I also can't tell from this if I will be qualified to enter the CSP scheme as I am not "strictly" a cybersecurity background person. Anyone knows how much to expect?

Normal mxo scheme. 3.5k no ns 2nd upper and above. 3.8k ns

Unregistered 05-08-2020 04:47 PM

in short ... don't be silly to join this org if you wan a career in cybersecurity.

if one is serious in a career with cybersecurity, there are so many more places to join. why join a place full of egoistic folks living in their own world?

the only cybersecurity element of this org is the name itself.

Unregistered 05-08-2020 04:58 PM

Im a FCH,no NS thinking of entering as a so-called "farmer" as I prefer public service but heard many gov agencies have bias (promotion, treatment etc.) towards their scholars. Does anyone know if this applies to CSA too? Is the difference here more or less than the average govt agency?

Unregistered 05-08-2020 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 143337)
Im a FCH,no NS thinking of entering as a so-called "farmer" as I prefer public service but heard many gov agencies have bias (promotion, treatment etc.) towards their scholars. Does anyone know if this applies to CSA too? Is the difference here more or less than the average govt agency?

You can assume all government agencies to have the favoritism towards scholar even if they say they treat everyone equally. Think about it, they spent so much money on their scholars, so of course they're gonna make sure their scholars rise to the top.