Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries

Exxonmobil Commercial Track

Old 26-11-2019, 11:57 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hey man. I'll be honest with you. I emailed them a while ago and I got the same reply as you saying that they're in final stage of processing applications. They didnt say I passed 2nd round but my friends who emailed them about 3 weeks all got the response they passed 2nd round and that they'll reach out accordingly.

From what I've heard from current interns and seniors alike is that, their process is very vague and passing the 2nd round doesn't mean anything. Their interview is behavioural, so if can pass 1st round, can also pass 2nd round ma. They offer current interns conversion first and then go to external candidates and offer based on them preference/availability. So people only hear back December/Jan. If you have better offer, I'd recommend taking it and not waiting. Also they generally have fewer commercial positions than technical(since expanding SG factory so more technical).

From NTU here, good luck to all u folks.
Ah, I see...thanks for your info!! means our chances are probably not too good, since we are only filling in the remaining slots after the intern conversions. According to your seniors, will they only receive their offers during Dec/ Jan period? Cause previously someone mentioned that one person already received an offer in the Sales & Trading Analytics commercial role.

Yeah, frankly, this entire interview process has been rather vague. Like I am still rather confused as to what commercial roles are there available for us. And the waiting of results is really unusually long... Can I just check if it says "Application Under Review" in your candidate profile as well?

Old 27-11-2019, 02:40 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Hey when did you email the HR? and when did they reply saying final discussion is still ongoing?
--
Also are u peeps from NUS/NTU/SMU?
Emailed them 3 weeks back and once more last Thursday.

Old 27-11-2019, 02:42 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Hey can I ask when you emailed the HR and when they reply? Some of friends of mine who emailed them earlier this month got same response as you. But when I email her, they never reply me. I think everyone pass 2nd round sia. The way the work i think is, give intern conversion first and then give out offers to rest of candidates. So I dont think passing 2nd round means anything. We should hopefully hear by early Dec?
Actually no not everyone pass second round, I know of friends who got rejected after the second round tho. I think if have a job just grab first since economy is bad and holding on to something that might not come isn’t very wise.

Old 27-11-2019, 09:16 AM
Unregistered

Wait what? People got rejected after 2nd round meh? I dont know anyone who did. Everyone ik their portal just says "Application Under Review" sial. Ik they rejected people after 1st round immediately though, atleast those who didnt make it through.

But you're right tho. Economy is bad rn. Shell not even hiring external candidates for commercial this year and BP only had 3 positions total across all 3 programs.

Better to take any offer you get.
Old 27-11-2019, 09:36 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Actually no not everyone pass second round, I know of friends who got rejected after the second round tho. I think if have a job just grab first since economy is bad and holding on to something that might not come isn’t very wise.
Woah! So some of your friends have received email from HR saying that their application is no longer considered? Mine has been stuck with "Application Under Review" since the start... lolol.

Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills

SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android

Bursa Stocks Android App - check share prices
Bursa Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app
Old 27-11-2019, 10:14 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Woah! So some of your friends have received email from HR saying that their application is no longer considered? Mine has been stuck with "Application Under Review" since the start... lolol.
Yeah but they got it very soon after their second round though. Those that haven’t got anything apart from they still under review could be really because they are still sorting out who to offer. Since we know exxon doesn’t really fire and economic has gone south, the biggest way to cut cost is to freeze hiring. Therefore not putting my hopes high anymore. Bad year to graduate.

Old 28-11-2019, 01:18 PM
SMU Yr4

Quote:
Yeah but they got it very soon after their second round though. Those that haven’t got anything apart from they still under review could be really because they are still sorting out who to offer. Since we know exxon doesn’t really fire and economic has gone south, the biggest way to cut cost is to freeze hiring. Therefore not putting my hopes high anymore. Bad year to graduate.
But why would they take so long to decide haha? It's been more than a month sial. And even 2 for some people as I'm reading on forum. Also is it true some offers went out last month as the OP earlier said? Makes me think I've been rejected alrdy.
Old 29-11-2019, 02:28 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Ah, I see...thanks for your info!! means our chances are probably not too good, since we are only filling in the remaining slots after the intern conversions. According to your seniors, will they only receive their offers during Dec/ Jan period? Cause previously someone mentioned that one person already received an offer in the Sales & Trading Analytics commercial role.

Yeah, frankly, this entire interview process has been rather vague. Like I am still rather confused as to what commercial roles are there available for us. And the waiting of results is really unusually long... Can I just check if it says "Application Under Review" in your candidate profile as well?
Hey sorry your msg got lost in the flurry. Yeah, so basically anyone who hasnt gotten rejected after the 2nd round their application online states " Application Under Review". So commercial roles can mean anything from procurement to trading. And yeah as to our chances, they offer interns first and then go outside to fill quotas. So you can imagine.

Idk abt the other person who got into sales and trading. Last year they got back to external candidates around December i heard from seniors and also reading the forum.
Old 29-11-2019, 06:25 PM
Unregistered

Quote:

Hey man! Your msg got lost in the replies. So basically yeah we only get considered after interns are offered. And also based on interests indicated during interview, GPA etc. they allocate roles. It says "Application Under Review" for everyone who've not been explicitly rejected like the guy mentioned b4.

Last year they got back to everyone around early Dec. I'm not sure abt the the guy who Sales and trading previously. Must be ex-intern. Those who interned in Jan-June phase usually get it a bit earlier. Hope that clarifies everything.
Old 03-12-2019, 01:24 PM
Unregistered

Offers went out yesterday evenining for ExxonMobil fuels and lubes company(pricing analyst, procurement etc). Package is 68XXX for this year.