Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   OCBC Graduate Talent Programme 2019 (Previously Young Banker) (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/10975-oversea-chinese-banking-corporation-graduate-talent-programme-2019-previously-young-banker.html)

Unregistered 16-08-2021 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 180234)
4.6k sounds right.

Not sure about 5.8k after 2 years.

Looks a bit on the higher side for a local bank. Anyone who has been through this can opine?

Unregistered 17-08-2021 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 180235)
Looks a bit on the higher side for a local bank. Anyone who has been through this can opine?

FCH starting pay was 4.4k in 2017.

Unregistered 19-08-2021 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 180243)
FCH starting pay was 4.4k in 2017.

Seems about right. Local banks like OCBC need to offer this kind of base else how to attract talent?

Unregistered 19-08-2021 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 180381)
Seems about right. Local banks like OCBC need to offer this kind of base else how to attract talent?

Agree la.. may even need to offer grads at least 5.5k in order for them to consider lah

Unregistered 11-11-2021 10:47 AM

Has anyone applied this year and proceeded to second round?

Unregistered 12-11-2021 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 180381)

A lot of local bank bashing going on in this forum but it's true that local banks have high starting pay. For the reason which you said, without high pay it's not easy for them to attract talent. Local bank culture is very risk-averse and bureaucratic, cannot compare with the vibrancy and dynamism of the likes of Sea, Grab and fintechs all of which have much younger demographics. Can't compete with big international banks like bofa jp, gs as well. End up many local uni grads use local bank merely as a stepping stone. Those that remain tend to be the unambitious, mediocre or just started family types.

Unregistered 12-11-2021 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 180388)
Agree la.. may even need to offer grads at least 5.5k in order for them to consider lah

In 2016 graduates were already offer 5.8k starting salary

Unregistered 14-11-2021 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 189704)
Has anyone applied this year and proceeded to second round?

Whats the second round?

I just completed all the online test i.e. numerical reasoning etc after that straight away move on to video interview liao?

My friend told me last year video interview was only after they deem you performance in all the diff online test good enough then they unlock the video interview

not sure if this year they changed

Unregistered 14-11-2021 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 190008)
Whats the second round?

I just completed all the online test i.e. numerical reasoning etc after that straight away move on to video interview liao?

My friend told me last year video interview was only after they deem you performance in all the diff online test good enough then they unlock the video interview

Ya is auto. Dont be too happy

Unregistered 16-11-2021 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 190008)
Whats the second round?

I finished the reasoning test and nth happen. No email, no video interview,, just a chat with the chatbot