Should I pay both sides of CPF? - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




Should I pay both sides of CPF?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 30-09-2018, 11:13 PM
Verified Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Singapore
Posts: 25
samantha_wong is on a distinguished road
Default Should I pay both sides of CPF?

Hi,
I found a job after a long period of joblessless. My employer wants me to pay both sides of CPF and I have agreed in writing to do the same. In sept i paid for both sides of CPf. This company has a "cost to company" basis of compensation.
tHIS Appears unusual. Most companies I know pay the employer's side of cpf and don ask the employee to pay for this.
any thoughts?

Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 01-10-2018, 03:11 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

This is illegal and you should report this immediately to MOM, anonymously if you must. Contact your CDAC/SINDA branch for legitimate job finding assistance.

Recently alot of FTs in management/HR positions trying to import their third-world practices into Singapore.

Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 01-10-2018, 06:57 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Most likely to be illegal. See s 7(5) of the CPF Act (s://sso.agc.gov.sg/Act/CPFA1953?ProvIds=pr7-#pr7-(

Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 01-10-2018, 09:31 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by samantha_wong View Post
Hi,
I found a job after a long period of joblessless. My employer wants me to pay both sides of CPF and I have agreed in writing to do the same. In sept i paid for both sides of CPf. This company has a "cost to company" basis of compensation.
tHIS Appears unusual. Most companies I know pay the employer's side of cpf and don ask the employee to pay for this.
any thoughts?
U send email to your manager (documentary proof) ask them to reimburse you back or you will report MOM.

Then keep the email and forward MOM

Employer cpf means employer contribute.

For a fresh grad with monthly pay of $3000, i actually do costing of $60k, coz need to account for bonus, employer cpf, hospitalization leave, mc, training.

So your employer play punk, you play punk with them.
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 03-10-2018, 12:03 AM
Super Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 319
lazyplane is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by samantha_wong View Post
Hi,
I found a job after a long period of joblessless. My employer wants me to pay both sides of CPF and I have agreed in writing to do the same. In sept i paid for both sides of CPf. This company has a "cost to company" basis of compensation.
tHIS Appears unusual. Most companies I know pay the employer's side of cpf and don ask the employee to pay for this.
any thoughts?
Just to add on -

It does not matter if your employer asked and you signed the contract with the above terms as the contract is illegal and hence cannot be enforced.

While your rights as an employee will be protected by the government and hence you can file your case with MOM.

Having said that ,
It is important to feed yourself cos no point talking about rights when you dont have food. What i mean is :

The practical reality is - I will suggest once you take the above actions - you will need to leave the company. It is unlikely things will work well for you after these actions. So if i am you and i dont have a job, i will do what i can ie look for a new job and know my rights. I will file the case only after i find a new job as it is no point staying with a non compliant company. I will also be very careful in signing matters that are "grey" cos if the company can get something as basic as CPF wrong, there is likely a few more areas that cannot be right.


All the best ! Hope things work out for you
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 03-10-2018, 03:35 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Report to CPF and MOM

What your company did is definitely illegal and wrong. Please email MOM and CPF immediately. Attached a copy of your contract in that email. They will take over the case and commence investigation.

Don't worry about your company suing you. The contract is an illegal contract, not enforceable in the eyes of the contract law.

You will get your cpf contribution from employer back.
Reply With Quote

  #7 (permalink)  
Old 04-10-2018, 11:49 AM
Jennifer
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default CPF payments

I did just that. As soon as I learnt that the employer cannot ask me to pay for both sides of CPF, I quietly gathered all salary slips. I changed jobs to be doubly sure and then approached the CPF Board. They recovered all the money with interest.

Do not be meek. Stand up for your rights against these FT managers who are importing the wrong practices from there countries.

What is legal there may not be legal here.

-----------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
What your company did is definitely illegal and wrong. Please email MOM and CPF immediately. Attached a copy of your contract in that email. They will take over the case and commence investigation.

Don't worry about your company suing you. The contract is an illegal contract, not enforceable in the eyes of the contract law.

You will get your cpf contribution from employer back.
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 04-10-2018, 12:09 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
I did just that. As soon as I learnt that the employer cannot ask me to pay for both sides of CPF, I quietly gathered all salary slips. I changed jobs to be doubly sure and then approached the CPF Board. They recovered all the money with interest.

Do not be meek. Stand up for your rights against these FT managers who are importing the wrong practices from there countries.

What is legal there may not be legal here.

-----------------------------------------------------
I cannot think of the reason why would they want you to pay for the employer contribution.


If u are ft, then it makes sense to inflate your salary to qualify to s pass or employment pass.

But since you are paying cpf, means at least a PR or citizen which dont need a minimum income.


Asking you pay for employer CPF, still means they still have to pay u the wages. Your wages albeit inflated still comes from them. So in terms of expenses, and their income after operating cost will still be the same. So attract the same company tax.

The only possible reason is they put employer CPF as an expense in their tax returns but asked you to pay, that way they could save some tax but still not a lot. This means they are doing tax evasion.

The second reason is just to inflate pay a little to attract SG to come work to satisfy their local quota.

Either case is illegal. Especially the tax evasion part.
Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 21-10-2018, 01:39 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default cpf violations

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I cannot think of the reason why would they want you to pay for the employer contribution.


If u are ft, then it makes sense to inflate your salary to qualify to s pass or employment pass.

But since you are paying cpf, means at least a PR or citizen which dont need a minimum income.


Asking you pay for employer CPF, still means they still have to pay u the wages. Your wages albeit inflated still comes from them. So in terms of expenses, and their income after operating cost will still be the same. So attract the same company tax.

The only possible reason is they put employer CPF as an expense in their tax returns but asked you to pay, that way they could save some tax but still not a lot. This means they are doing tax evasion.

The second reason is just to inflate pay a little to attract SG to come work to satisfy their local quota.

Either case is illegal. Especially the tax evasion part.
Not just foreign employes, but true bread Singapore employers are doing this.

s://fionaseah.com/tag/cpf/

s://workingwithgrace.wordpress.com/2014/01/30/an-email-from-the-cpf-board/
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
cpf

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» 30 Recent Threads
Pass degree and what to expect?
2 Replies, 118 Views
UOB Management Associate Program ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
144 Replies, 98,473 Views
How much are you earning per annum? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
11,568 Replies, 3,217,632 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,040 Replies, 1,322,172 Views
Exxon Mobil Equipment tech or... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,373 Replies, 339,785 Views
DBS Graduate Associate Program ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
480 Replies, 230,377 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
7,415 Replies, 4,235,415 Views
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
769 Replies, 539,407 Views
DBS Management Associate Program... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
119 Replies, 53,024 Views
anyone working at NCS ? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
267 Replies, 197,611 Views
Top paying companies in SG for... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
64 Replies, 51,675 Views
GovTech career grade ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
47 Replies, 50,733 Views
Bacground screening in interviews
6 Replies, 361 Views
Dsta ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
712 Replies, 395,342 Views
Roles in accenture singapore ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
249 Replies, 151,470 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,163 Replies, 553,070 Views
How much savings do you have? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,226 Replies, 446,850 Views
Career at Exxon Mobil Finance
7 Replies, 1,666 Views
Anyone jobless for a long time... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,885 Replies, 703,383 Views
Law vs Accountancy
2 Replies, 260 Views
All about Management Executive... ( 1 2 3)
23 Replies, 10,141 Views
Queries about Cpib application ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
889 Replies, 348,767 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
403 Replies, 581,444 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,015 Replies, 1,341,081 Views
Anyone working/worked in National...
2 Replies, 2,478 Views
NUS working environment and pay... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
56 Replies, 38,058 Views
Prospects for Investment Banking... ( 1 2)
11 Replies, 3,192 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,307 Replies, 950,944 Views
Aircraft Maintenance License and... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
567 Replies, 400,663 Views
AutoCAD 2D & 3D Essentials
0 Replies, 56 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 11:40 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2