Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Production planner job for engineer? (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1085-production-planner-job-engineer.html)

ngyi0009 03-11-2010 01:17 AM

Production planner job for engineer?

Hi guys/girls,

I'm a Bioengineering graduate with honours from NTU and I'm currently job hunting.

I was just offered a job as a production planner in Shimano, a Japanese MNC. I would be relocated to Kunshan, China and starting salary is $2800 per month with another $1000 as overseas bonus.

Might I ask your views on this package? Is the salary package fair? How is the career path like if I join the Manufacturing industry?

Unregistered 03-11-2010 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ngyi0009 (Post 7781)
Hi guys/girls,

I'm a Bioengineering graduate with honours from NTU and I'm currently job hunting.

I was just offered a job as a production planner in Shimano, a Japanese MNC. I would be relocated to Kunshan, China and starting salary is $2800 per month with another $1000 as overseas bonus.

Might I ask your views on this package? Is the salary package fair? How is the career path like if I join the Manufacturing industry?

1. What class of honours you are getting?
2. Bioengineering why go shimamo (make bicycle??)
3. You should go Roche or Baxter or other related company for job?

ngyi0009 03-11-2010 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 7784)
1. What class of honours you are getting?
2. Bioengineering why go shimamo (make bicycle??)
3. You should go Roche or Baxter or other related company for job?

Thanks for replying!

1. I'm getting a 2nd Upper honours.
2. Well basically I'm open to all engineering-related positions. Biotechnological field in SG is not very well developed yet anyway.
3. They don't have vacancies for fresh grads :(

Unregistered 03-11-2010 03:22 PM

If you can do without a job I suggest you not take it, as you would be starting your career in a dead-end sector and may find yourself struggling as you move on in future as you will have the burden to find another job to switch careers and have to suffer setbacks and pay cuts just to switch.

Unregistered 21-05-2013 10:35 PM

Anybody working in Baxter Singapore here? Can give some insight on the company culture

jobhunter1234 22-05-2013 12:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 37355)
Anybody working in Baxter Singapore here? Can give some insight on the company culture

Have friends in there. Nth great and average salary.

jobhunter1234 22-05-2013 12:50 AM

Quote:

Hi guys/girls,

The $1000 bonus is purely as overseas incentive? So you will be drawing 3.8k starting salary. If accommodation provided perhaps can consider since you are still young and can venture out a little. But try not to be in that industry for too long since it will be difficult to transfer you skills over when back to Singapore.

Unregistered 22-05-2013 08:39 AM

I am trying to ask if working life in Baxter Singapore is stressful or is it still manageable
By the way, do you know if 13th mth is available there ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by jobhunter1234 (Post 37358)
Have friends in there. Nth great and average salary.

Unregistered 22-05-2013 12:42 PM

Quote:

Hi guys/girls,

i have been on an expat package before. overall, this is a horrible package, but then again u have zero experience. does it come with housing? what kind of housing? in what neighbourhood? how many flight tickets back a year? tax free?

Unregistered 29-05-2013 08:47 AM

Anybody knows if the Manufacturing Validation Engineer role in Baxter Bioscience is stressful or it is still manageable ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 37366)
I am trying to ask if working life in Baxter Singapore is stressful or is it still manageable
By the way, do you know if 13th mth is available there ?