Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   20% salary bump? (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/10585-20-salary-bump.html)

lolhalo 09-07-2018 02:07 PM

20% salary bump?

Hi guys,

I hope everyone is doing well over here.

Been a lurker for quite some time, and I would like to seek some advice on salary negotiation.

I have been in the audit industry for close to 6 years (first company since graduation) and am leaving my post as an auditor in the Big 4.

Can i get a rough gauge from people in the know, on what is the usual salary bump? Moving into a Financial manager/Controller role.

I am hoping to get a 20% increment and would like to hear your views.

Thank you in advance :D

Unregistered 09-07-2018 03:53 PM

you never share you current salary package,how you expect people give views to you .....

Unregistered 11-07-2018 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 108703)
you never share you current salary package,how you expect people give views to you .....

give vague views like how he give vague / no perimeters... most so he'd expect ppl to know what a 6year exp auditor should be bagging at a M1 M2 role (2 yrs associate, 2 yrs senior associate, 1 yr AM, 1 yr Manager)

probably 7k p/m + 2mths bonus currently give and take... 100k pa package looking for 120k??

sure, if it's some MNC that gives ESOP and what not, 20% isn't impossible, just uncommon...

Unregistered 31-07-2022 01:14 PM

I doubled my salary. Was highly underpaid at prev firm and insisted not to share current salary. Now i earn 10k a month

Unregistered 31-07-2022 01:21 PM

Agree. Never share ur current sal if not sure offer too low

Unregistered 31-07-2022 04:02 PM

Yeah! Don't share your current salary so that the company can ghost you and not proceed with your application.

Smart move!

Unregistered 31-07-2022 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 226908)
Yeah! Don't share your current salary so that the company can ghost you and not proceed with your application.

Smart move!

When I applied for my current role I did not disclose my previously salary. They only asked for expected (I quoted ~60% increment because I was severely underpaid in my previous firm, around ~30% below market rate so the net increment I was hoping for was only 20%)

In the end they offered me ~100% increment and my pay doubled. So it is very possible especially if it is a MNC as they will want to pay you market rate too. Just be firm about your salary expectations and focus on that rather than your previous salary.

You can always provide your past salary slips etc after you get the offer.

Unregistered 31-07-2022 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 226909)
When I applied for my current role I did not disclose my previously salary. They only asked for expected (I quoted ~60% increment because I was severely underpaid in my previous firm, around ~30% below market rate so the net increment I was hoping for was only 20%)

In the end they offered me ~100% increment and my pay doubled. So it is very possible especially if it is a MNC as they will want to pay you market rate too. Just be firm about your salary expectations and focus on that rather than your previous salary.

Yeah!

I did it before therefore you can too! Just do xxx and xxx and apply for MNC companies like xxx and xxx!

Innovative thinking!

Unregistered 31-07-2022 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 226908)

Smart move!

Agree some will ghost you. Not all though.

Depends on the firm.

Unregistered 31-07-2022 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 226909)

u ask for 60% increment but company give u 100%. company kum gong or your story bs??