Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Engineer Pay (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/10542-engineer-pay.html)

Unregistered 29-09-2022 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 231494)
Yeah curious about this too. Any input from any1?

All the same…..PE will let u make big bucks but u do need the experience…..To get PE will be easier in Govt linked and Govt sector….

Gerald Oon 30-09-2022 02:49 PM

Hello guys I would like to ask I am currently Studying EE in NUS, and I browse through this whole section. I initially studied Clean energy at a polytechnic. However, I wanna branch into the tech field obviously cause of the pay and stuff. if given a choice should I switch my major to information systems or something along those lines, but I have to complete another year of studies, whereas I can finish my degree within 3 years in EE due to advanced standing in polytechnic. Afterwards, pick up some internships here and there in the fintech industry, do advise if anyone has been through this route?

Unregistered 01-10-2022 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 231543)
All the same…..PE will let u make big bucks but u do need the experience…..To get PE will be easier in Govt linked and Govt sector….

Any estimate on a PE's salary? Depends on YOE so a range will be more useful.

Unregistered 03-10-2022 10:39 PM

Is the career and salary progression worth it in engineering?? If aim is to be CTO

Unregistered 03-10-2022 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 231888)
Is the career and salary progression worth it in engineering?? If aim is to be CTO

if you like what you do, can go for it. But now i see alot FTs in this sector. Just application alone for entry level not local resumes.

Unregistered 04-10-2022 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 231543)

any examples you referring to?

LeoV218 04-02-2023 02:21 PM

Advanced Diploma programme

Hi i am already in my 40s and i wish to enroll into the Advanced Diploma in Process Control and Instrumentation from Singapore Polytechnic. Is a 1 yr programme. My intention of taking this course, beside to upgrade my skillset, i also hoping that my salary will jump to 4.5K or higher with this certificate. I am just a Diploma holder earning close to 4K. Is this Advanced Diploma worth considering ??

Unregistered 04-02-2023 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeoV218 (Post 239775)
Hi i am already in my 40s and i wish to enroll into the Advanced Diploma in Process Control and Instrumentation from Singapore Polytechnic. Is a 1 yr programme. My intention of taking this course, beside to upgrade my skillset, i also hoping that my salary will jump to 4.5K or higher with this certificate. I am just a Diploma holder earning close to 4K. Is this Advanced Diploma worth considering ??

Why not go private uni for degree?

Diploma vs advanced diploma not much diff, most people don't even know the difference. Unless your company is actually going to pay you higher if you do this diploma, why bother?

Also 1 year program for a $500 increment is pretty awful.

Unregistered 04-02-2023 03:19 PM

yes generally advanced diploma is useless and waste of time/effort & money.
employers will still place u on diploma tier.
your money time and effort is better placed on a degree.
private or non-private doesn't matter since you have experience.

LeoV218 04-02-2023 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 239776)
Why not go private uni for degree?

Diploma vs advanced diploma not much diff, most people don't even know the difference. Unless your company is actually going to pay you higher if you do this diploma, why bother?

Also 1 year program for a $500 increment is pretty awful.

Hi yes i understand that Degree is the only option for higher salary, but honestly i m a lazy person, i am looking for easy and relax alternative to achieve my goal. Degree really very hard, i see my friends doing part time NTU and work, a 4 yrs programme if i am not wrong, wah lau i see their assignments i also sian ahhh. So i am thinking about just doing a Advanced Diploma programme and 骗吃 at least can earn above 4K then i am contented already 😄