Engineer Pay - Page 34 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




Engineer Pay

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #331 (permalink)  
Old 25-10-2021, 08:35 AM
Verified Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2021
Location: North of SG
Posts: 19
Jasper is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
4k for diploma damn good already bro, nice achievement. now most uni fresh grad also wont even hit 4k. generally start around 3.3k.
Hmm.. But I work 11year In that industry.
Not fresh grad.
Thanks for the encouragement ����
Haha.

Reply With Quote
  #332 (permalink)  
Old 25-10-2021, 08:41 AM
Verified Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2021
Location: North of SG
Posts: 19
Jasper is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
But he already have 11 year exp bro.. so $4k does look reasonable for 11 years exp with Diploma.
Ya lo. 11 years now.
But got stuck due to covid after get diploma.
If got a 200, 300 increasement I happy already. 😂😂

Reply With Quote
  #333 (permalink)  
Old 25-10-2021, 05:26 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasper View Post
Hmm.. But I work 11year In that industry.
Not fresh grad.
Thanks for the encouragement ����
Haha.
I started off with only 2.1K in a GLC after ORD and stayed for 2 years. Performed well and was promoted to another grade within the asst engineer level while another colleague who got a degree moved up to E5. He's a nice guy and we are still good friends even until today. He advised that the reason why he was promoted faster even he wasn't doing much work and acknowledged my stronger competence was because he has a degree regardless of its relevance. I was almost going to take a degree when someone from an MNC contacted me and asked me if I was interested in an Engineer's position. Went for 3 rounds of interview and got in. Fast forward, 12 years down the road, I changed employer once, I draw more than 6K basic excluding bonus as a staff engineer. Don't have a degree but I took several professional certificates along the way like six sigma green belt, ASQ and several ISO certification, spear headed the set up of a department of the same function in India and Poland. These 2 dept located overseas report to me now.

I can only say, you need opportunities and be ready to grab them. I survived 2 retrenchments (Lehmans and Covid) by making myself more competitive and less dispensable and build your connections with the right people. Take initiative because the world won't cater to your competence. Must deliver results and know how to present your results to the right people to gain exposure. The competition globally is very tough so result delivery is critical.

I wish you the best.

Reply With Quote
  #334 (permalink)  
Old 28-10-2021, 07:51 AM
Verified Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2021
Location: North of SG
Posts: 19
Jasper is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I started off with only 2.1K in a GLC after ORD and stayed for 2 years. Performed well and was promoted to another grade within the asst engineer level while another colleague who got a degree moved up to E5. He's a nice guy and we are still good friends even until today. He advised that the reason why he was promoted faster even he wasn't doing much work and acknowledged my stronger competence was because he has a degree regardless of its relevance. I was almost going to take a degree when someone from an MNC contacted me and asked me if I was interested in an Engineer's position. Went for 3 rounds of interview and got in. Fast forward, 12 years down the road, I changed employer once, I draw more than 6K basic excluding bonus as a staff engineer. Don't have a degree but I took several professional certificates along the way like six sigma green belt, ASQ and several ISO certification, spear headed the set up of a department of the same function in India and Poland. These 2 dept located overseas report to me now.

I can only say, you need opportunities and be ready to grab them. I survived 2 retrenchments (Lehmans and Covid) by making myself more competitive and less dispensable and build your connections with the right people. Take initiative because the world won't cater to your competence. Must deliver results and know how to present your results to the right people to gain exposure. The competition globally is very tough so result delivery is critical.

I wish you the best.
Thanks for the encouragement bro.
11 years ago. My starting 1450 only. 😅😅
I understand. Although we not degree holder. But we don't stop there. Will still strive as much as we can.
All the best to u too!! 😁😁
Reply With Quote
  #335 (permalink)  
Old 28-10-2021, 10:00 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I started off with only 2.1K in a GLC after ORD and stayed for 2 years. Performed well and was promoted to another grade within the asst engineer level while another colleague who got a degree moved up to E5. He's a nice guy and we are still good friends even until today. He advised that the reason why he was promoted faster even he wasn't doing much work and acknowledged my stronger competence was because he has a degree regardless of its relevance. I was almost going to take a degree when someone from an MNC contacted me and asked me if I was interested in an Engineer's position. Went for 3 rounds of interview and got in. Fast forward, 12 years down the road, I changed employer once, I draw more than 6K basic excluding bonus as a staff engineer. Don't have a degree but I took several professional certificates along the way like six sigma green belt, ASQ and several ISO certification, spear headed the set up of a department of the same function in India and Poland. These 2 dept located overseas report to me now.

I can only say, you need opportunities and be ready to grab them. I survived 2 retrenchments (Lehmans and Covid) by making myself more competitive and less dispensable and build your connections with the right people. Take initiative because the world won't cater to your competence. Must deliver results and know how to present your results to the right people to gain exposure. The competition globally is very tough so result delivery is critical.

I wish you the best.
Stopped reading at 6K after 12 years
Reply With Quote
  #336 (permalink)  
Old 28-10-2021, 10:20 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasper View Post
Thanks for the encouragement bro.
11 years ago. My starting 1450 only. 😅😅
I understand. Although we not degree holder. But we don't stop there. Will still strive as much as we can.
All the best to u too!! 😁😁
The problem is not with the degree. My teammate has a Masters and another has a Phd. We are all the same level due to the same amount of experience, saw their pay accidentally and found my pay higher than the phd holder but lower than the masters. My boss only has a bachelor but he has designs that helped us get patents before. Focus on value creation, some think you are already there with a degree. But it doesn't work that way.
Reply With Quote

  #337 (permalink)  
Old 28-10-2021, 10:22 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Stopped reading at 6K after 12 years
Did you check the official wage statistics before making that comment?
Reply With Quote
  #338 (permalink)  
Old 28-10-2021, 12:32 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

principal electrical engineer @ sg microsoft can earn how much salary??
Reply With Quote
  #339 (permalink)  
Old 28-10-2021, 01:06 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
principal electrical engineer @ sg microsoft can earn how much salary??
Median wage 81K/year
Top 22% income bracket of tax paying residents in singapore.
Assuming 1 month bonus means 81k/13 about 6.2k per month
Reply With Quote
  #340 (permalink)  
Old 28-10-2021, 11:14 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Did you check the official wage statistics before making that comment?
Hitting slightly higher than the average income after 12 years is nothing to shout about lmao

I'm already at 6K after 2 YOE and it's pathetic, cannot even buy lowest end car or condo without overstretching.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Engineer in PUB telaviv10 Income and Jobs 20 23-05-2020 03:00 PM
Engineer in SMRT allstar Income and Jobs 3 13-02-2014 07:40 PM
Graduate Engineer kahchonggoh Income and Jobs 9 08-02-2013 09:01 PM
Sales engineer Or shipyard engineer? godfred Education and Personal Growth 4 05-11-2012 12:16 PM
Engineer graduating soon starchild Income and Jobs 14 02-09-2011 02:36 PM

» 30 Recent Threads
Roles in accenture singapore ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,760 Replies, 957,984 Views
Shopee fresh grad pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
511 Replies, 141,526 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,971 Replies, 1,921,796 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
17,135 Replies, 6,436,716 Views
Changi Airport Group ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
456 Replies, 456,620 Views
High Finance Thread ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,137 Replies, 253,877 Views
Engineer Pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
457 Replies, 241,066 Views
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
8,209 Replies, 2,405,963 Views
ST Electronics ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,792 Replies, 845,735 Views
DBS tech seed programme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,152 Replies, 565,681 Views
Civil Service Performance Bonus ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,061 Replies, 2,932,857 Views
Official 2022 Retrechment thread ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
78 Replies, 8,040 Views
Polytechnic lecturer salary range ( 1 2 3)
24 Replies, 78,904 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
14,218 Replies, 8,908,507 Views
Band 4 and Band 5 in Standard... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
49 Replies, 69,876 Views
Micron starting pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
430 Replies, 160,639 Views
SIM-UOL fresh grad starting pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
6,601 Replies, 2,023,864 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,613 Replies, 3,094,556 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
5,616 Replies, 3,499,161 Views
Ex-MOE Teachers ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
230 Replies, 251,952 Views
NCS (SingTel subsidiary) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
957 Replies, 630,572 Views
Singtel Management Associate... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,133 Replies, 297,326 Views
GovTech ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,172 Replies, 854,271 Views
Queries about Cpib application ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,300 Replies, 707,930 Views
ByteDance / TikTok ( 1 2)
17 Replies, 3,926 Views
2022 Full time/Summer internship... ( 1 2)
16 Replies, 2,334 Views
Open Government Products (under...
9 Replies, 1,020 Views
Want to Save More Money? Our Free...
6 Replies, 8,502 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,379 Replies, 2,298,042 Views
Work culture in IHiS ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
331 Replies, 222,937 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 05:05 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2