Engineer Pay - Page 32 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




Engineer Pay

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #311 (permalink)  
Old 02-09-2021, 12:59 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Correction... noone cares about local uni vs private engineering degrees.
If you work at those SME contractors of course they will take anyone.

Reply With Quote
  #312 (permalink)  
Old 02-09-2021, 06:49 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
If you work at those SME contractors of course they will take anyone.
No leh most need masters degree. Times are different now.

Reply With Quote
  #313 (permalink)  
Old 02-09-2021, 07:04 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Now everything need masters to further promote. sad life

Reply With Quote
  #314 (permalink)  
Old 02-09-2021, 11:06 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Now everything need masters to further promote. sad life
Ya so many mechanical engineers nowadays are all phd holders.
Reply With Quote
  #315 (permalink)  
Old 23-09-2021, 08:48 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default C+S salary range

Y1-Y4: Researcher Student= 2-4k overseas
Y5: $5k
Y6: $6k [snr engineer]
Y7: $6.5k
Y8: $7.5k
Y9: $9.5k +share option [promotion] - Associate Director
Y10: $10k+share option
Y11: $10.5k+share option
Y12: $12k+share option [promotion]
Y13: $13.5k+share option
Y14: $16.5k+share option [promotion]

A C+S engineering can be a rewarding career financially but I really have a lot of career luck and angels. Share option / company ownership is a key part of the remuneration for me. It is true about long hours, challenging tasks, high risk, stressful (when things don't work).

Unfortunately, engineering in SG is getting really bad rep with some SME paying poorly and exploiting foreign engineering talents. It is pretty depressing to read some of you are struggling with $3-5k for years with bad bosses and experience. Thought i will share my journey to add a positive data point.

The industry is changing though. There is a significant move towards digital technology and design automation - especially in the MNC and SG orgs. I have a lot of joy and pride being able to point to various buildings and tell my children that I am the designer.
Reply With Quote
  #316 (permalink)  
Old 23-09-2021, 10:01 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Y1-Y4: Researcher Student= 2-4k overseas
Y5: $5k
Y6: $6k [snr engineer]
Y7: $6.5k
Y8: $7.5k
Y9: $9.5k +share option [promotion] - Associate Director
Y10: $10k+share option
Y11: $10.5k+share option
Y12: $12k+share option [promotion]
Y13: $13.5k+share option
Y14: $16.5k+share option [promotion]

A C+S engineering can be a rewarding career financially but I really have a lot of career luck and angels. Share option / company ownership is a key part of the remuneration for me. It is true about long hours, challenging tasks, high risk, stressful (when things don't work).

Unfortunately, engineering in SG is getting really bad rep with some SME paying poorly and exploiting foreign engineering talents. It is pretty depressing to read some of you are struggling with $3-5k for years with bad bosses and experience. Thought i will share my journey to add a positive data point.

The industry is changing though. There is a significant move towards digital technology and design automation - especially in the MNC and SG orgs. I have a lot of joy and pride being able to point to various buildings and tell my children that I am the designer.
May as well point to your kkj and tell your children that is their designer.
Reply With Quote

  #317 (permalink)  
Old 24-09-2021, 12:37 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Y1-Y4: Researcher Student= 2-4k overseas
Y5: $5k
Y6: $6k [snr engineer]
Y7: $6.5k
Y8: $7.5k
Y9: $9.5k +share option [promotion] - Associate Director
Y10: $10k+share option
Y11: $10.5k+share option
Y12: $12k+share option [promotion]
Y13: $13.5k+share option
Y14: $16.5k+share option [promotion]

A C+S engineering can be a rewarding career financially but I really have a lot of career luck and angels. Share option / company ownership is a key part of the remuneration for me. It is true about long hours, challenging tasks, high risk, stressful (when things don't work).

Unfortunately, engineering in SG is getting really bad rep with some SME paying poorly and exploiting foreign engineering talents. It is pretty depressing to read some of you are struggling with $3-5k for years with bad bosses and experience. Thought i will share my journey to add a positive data point.

The industry is changing though. There is a significant move towards digital technology and design automation - especially in the MNC and SG orgs. I have a lot of joy and pride being able to point to various buildings and tell my children that I am the designer.
Your story is heartwarming and all but we need to be realistic, C&S fresh grads are still getting around the same pay you got 14 years ago but property prices and cost of living have gone up several folds. C&S students with some common sense should start to pivot before graduating and join brighter industries, those who still have their heads in the sand will regret once they wake up to reality.
Reply With Quote
  #318 (permalink)  
Old 24-09-2021, 07:24 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Your story is heartwarming and all but we need to be realistic, C&S fresh grads are still getting around the same pay you got 14 years ago but property prices and cost of living have gone up several folds. C&S students with some common sense should start to pivot before graduating and join brighter industries, those who still have their heads in the sand will regret once they wake up to reality.
Applies to every job that gives you a pay.
Reply With Quote
  #319 (permalink)  
Old 24-09-2021, 08:46 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Applies to every job that gives you a pay.
Not every job will lock you up in jail if things go wrong. s://.straitstimes.com/singapore/courts-crime/pie-viaduct-collapse-engineer-who-prepared-building-work-plans-given-86-weeks

Fella worked so hard for a phD ended up watching his career goes up in flame

Once all firms started having digital innovation it will just drive the cost down for every tenderers, which means designers will continue getting peanut salary
Reply With Quote
  #320 (permalink)  
Old 24-09-2021, 11:35 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Y1: 3k
Y2: 3k
Y3: 3.2k
Y4: 3.2k
Y5: 3.5k

fuking engineer sucks
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Engineer in PUB telaviv10 Income and Jobs 20 23-05-2020 03:00 PM
Engineer in SMRT allstar Income and Jobs 3 13-02-2014 07:40 PM
Graduate Engineer kahchonggoh Income and Jobs 9 08-02-2013 09:01 PM
Sales engineer Or shipyard engineer? godfred Education and Personal Growth 4 05-11-2012 12:16 PM
Engineer graduating soon starchild Income and Jobs 14 02-09-2011 02:36 PM

» 30 Recent Threads
Civil Service Performance Bonus ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,858 Replies, 2,242,777 Views
DBS tech seed programme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,333 Replies, 367,310 Views
DSTA (under Mindef) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,097 Replies, 801,736 Views
NCS (SingTel subsidiary) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
649 Replies, 504,392 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,518 Replies, 2,775,729 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
15,721 Replies, 5,398,273 Views
Enterprise Singapore hiriing... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
131 Replies, 104,175 Views
GovTech ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,788 Replies, 494,462 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
13,397 Replies, 7,917,552 Views
Singtel Management Associate... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
581 Replies, 196,544 Views
MFA- Foreign Service... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
46 Replies, 30,195 Views
DBS Graduate Associate Program ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,160 Replies, 642,606 Views
Officer Role in Bank of Tokyo -... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
229 Replies, 181,494 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,485 Replies, 1,626,012 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,370 Replies, 2,829,365 Views
Work culture in IHiS ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
222 Replies, 166,896 Views
Cybersecurity/Info security career ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
371 Replies, 68,634 Views
CSA (Cyber Security Agency) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
397 Replies, 135,240 Views
Job Application with MOE... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
344 Replies, 354,158 Views
Standard Chartered International... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
132 Replies, 86,837 Views
What are the signs that your boss... ( 1 2)
17 Replies, 888 Views
Citibank Singapore ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
178 Replies, 124,914 Views
OCBC Graduate Talent Programme... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
966 Replies, 320,672 Views
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
5,326 Replies, 1,708,913 Views
UOB Management Associate Program ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
637 Replies, 329,340 Views
Working in SMRT ( 1 2)
16 Replies, 23,178 Views
Cpf senior manager ( 1 2)
12 Replies, 3,093 Views
For those with 2-5 YOE, what is... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
490 Replies, 96,732 Views
Anyone jobless for a long time... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,201 Replies, 1,384,435 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 02:35 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2