Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Engineer Pay (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/10542-engineer-pay.html)

Unregistered 02-09-2021 12:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 181753)
Correction... noone cares about local uni vs private engineering degrees.

If you work at those SME contractors of course they will take anyone.

Unregistered 02-09-2021 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 181853)
If you work at those SME contractors of course they will take anyone.

No leh most need masters degree. Times are different now.

Unregistered 02-09-2021 07:04 PM

Now everything need masters to further promote. sad life

Unregistered 02-09-2021 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 181918)
Now everything need masters to further promote. sad life

Ya so many mechanical engineers nowadays are all phd holders.

Unregistered 23-09-2021 08:48 PM

C+S salary range

Y1-Y4: Researcher Student= 2-4k overseas
Y5: $5k
Y6: $6k [snr engineer]
Y7: $6.5k
Y8: $7.5k
Y9: $9.5k +share option [promotion] - Associate Director
Y10: $10k+share option
Y11: $10.5k+share option
Y12: $12k+share option [promotion]
Y13: $13.5k+share option
Y14: $16.5k+share option [promotion]

A C+S engineering can be a rewarding career financially but I really have a lot of career luck and angels. Share option / company ownership is a key part of the remuneration for me. It is true about long hours, challenging tasks, high risk, stressful (when things don't work).

Unfortunately, engineering in SG is getting really bad rep with some SME paying poorly and exploiting foreign engineering talents. It is pretty depressing to read some of you are struggling with $3-5k for years with bad bosses and experience. Thought i will share my journey to add a positive data point.

The industry is changing though. There is a significant move towards digital technology and design automation - especially in the MNC and SG orgs. I have a lot of joy and pride being able to point to various buildings and tell my children that I am the designer.

Unregistered 23-09-2021 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 184003)

A C+S engineering can be a rewarding career financially but I really have a lot of career luck and angels. Share option / company ownership is a key part of the remuneration for me. It is true about long hours, challenging tasks, high risk, stressful (when things don't work).

Unfortunately, engineering in SG is getting really bad rep with some SME paying poorly and exploiting foreign engineering talents. It is pretty depressing to read some of you are struggling with $3-5k for years with bad bosses and experience. Thought i will share my journey to add a positive data point.

The industry is changing though. There is a significant move towards digital technology and design automation - especially in the MNC and SG orgs. I have a lot of joy and pride being able to point to various buildings and tell my children that I am the designer.

May as well point to your kkj and tell your children that is their designer.

Unregistered 24-09-2021 12:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 184003)

Your story is heartwarming and all but we need to be realistic, C&S fresh grads are still getting around the same pay you got 14 years ago but property prices and cost of living have gone up several folds. C&S students with some common sense should start to pivot before graduating and join brighter industries, those who still have their heads in the sand will regret once they wake up to reality.

Unregistered 24-09-2021 07:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 184024)
Your story is heartwarming and all but we need to be realistic, C&S fresh grads are still getting around the same pay you got 14 years ago but property prices and cost of living have gone up several folds. C&S students with some common sense should start to pivot before graduating and join brighter industries, those who still have their heads in the sand will regret once they wake up to reality.

Applies to every job that gives you a pay.

Unregistered 24-09-2021 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 184032)
Applies to every job that gives you a pay.

Not every job will lock you up in jail if things go wrong. s://.straitstimes.com/singapore/courts-crime/pie-viaduct-collapse-engineer-who-prepared-building-work-plans-given-86-weeks

Fella worked so hard for a phD ended up watching his career goes up in flame

Once all firms started having digital innovation it will just drive the cost down for every tenderers, which means designers will continue getting peanut salary

Unregistered 24-09-2021 11:35 PM

Y1: 3k
Y2: 3k
Y3: 3.2k
Y4: 3.2k
Y5: 3.5k

fuking engineer sucks