Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Engineer Pay (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/10542-engineer-pay.html)

Unregistered 25-04-2021 02:47 PM

How do you guys make so much? I’m on 4.5k a month 4 years out of sch. Graduated from nus civil eng 2nd lower

Unregistered 25-04-2021 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 166519)
How do you guys make so much? I’m on 4.5k a month 4 years out of sch. Graduated from nus civil eng 2nd lower

Check out the wage statistics and you will have a good idea if the figures you see are realistic or not.
Staff Engineer
Annual pay 96k
Lean 6 sigma green belt
13 years experience through 4 MNCs currently
Diploma in Electronics

LeGozt 25-04-2021 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 166519)

This is pretty much where I was.. I have 5 yrs of experience and my monthly basic was 4.4k. My grades in uni (NUS) were honestly so bad that I did not even graduate with honours for my engineering course.

However I got lucky with a recent job offer (that I accepted), that gave me a 50% increase. Now my basic is 6.7k.

Unregistered 26-04-2021 12:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 166429)
what industry and what engineer role?

Electrical and machine learning engineer

Unregistered 26-04-2021 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 166532)
Check out the wage statistics and you will have a good idea if the figures you see are realistic or not.
Staff Engineer
Annual pay 96k
Lean 6 sigma green belt
13 years experience through 4 MNCs currently
Diploma in Electronics

cannot be la...

Diploma holder be staff engineer is not possible. Like that all the degree holder become wat already. Diploma at most is principal technician level or engineer only. Want to talk big also be realistic la!

96k mean each month about 7k with bonus. Not possible. How can diploma holder earn this much as engineer?

What is lean 6 sigma? Got better than my degree or not? Self entitled people like you think your experience so big? We take 4years to complete our degree you think for show only?

Unregistered 26-04-2021 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 166511)
Anyone knows what are the high paying jobs for EEE grad? Or is it best for engineer to work for govt?

The highest paying jobs for EEE grads are outside of the engineering industry.

Unregistered 26-04-2021 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 166587)
cannot be la...

Diploma holder be staff engineer is not possible. Like that all the degree holder become wat already. Diploma at most is principal technician level or engineer only. Want to talk big also be realistic la!

96k mean each month about 7k with bonus. Not possible. How can diploma holder earn this much as engineer?

What is lean 6 sigma? Got better than my degree or not? Self entitled people like you think your experience so big? We take 4years to complete our degree you think for show only?

This comment is so facepalm-worthy.

Unregistered 26-04-2021 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 166587)
cannot be la...

Actually yes, our degree 4 years is honestly just for show only. Let’s be real here.

- fellow fresh grad

Unregistered 26-04-2021 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 166612)
Actually yes, our degree 4 years is honestly just for show only. Let’s be real here.

- fellow fresh grad

Then you tell me what can a diploma holder teach a degree holder? Everything he know I know already. I know more than a diploma holder because I have a degree. That why we study so long for this. That diploma holder want to talk rubbish also don't know how to talk. Big cannon fairy. Diploma holder at most is engineer or most of them are senior technicians. How can diploma holder be staff engineer?

Unregistered 26-04-2021 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 166623)
Then you tell me what can a diploma holder teach a degree holder? Everything he know I know already. I know more than a diploma holder because I have a degree. That why we study so long for this. That diploma holder want to talk rubbish also don't know how to talk. Big cannon fairy. Diploma holder at most is engineer or most of them are senior technicians. How can diploma holder be staff engineer?

Because no one in the real world gives a **** about your transcript son. It’s about whether you can do the job or not.

Skills and experience. You have much to learn young padawan.