Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Bunker Oil Trader (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1045-bunker-oil-trader.html)

alibaba 06-10-2010 03:27 PM

Bunker Oil Trader
 
Anyone in oil bunkering field as oil trader ?

What is the job scope like ? Salary range...?

Thanks..

:)

Unregistered 09-10-2010 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alibaba (Post 7524)
Anyone in oil bunkering field as oil trader ?

What is the job scope like ? Salary range...?

Thanks..

:)

Oil trader earns a a lot. Unlimited.

Unregistered 09-10-2010 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 7558)
Oil trader earns a a lot. Unlimited.

There are many kinds of oil trader...

Big 3 oil trader, hedge fund, commodities firm, bunkering firms.

What about those in bunkering oil...??

Unregistered 11-02-2011 04:11 PM

Bunker Trader salaries
 
Working for major bunker traders like - HL, OWB, Chemoil -

Junior Trader (up to 3 years exp) : 4-6k base pmth
Senior Trader : 6 - 10k base pmth

Average Bonus on good year (2006, 07, 10) : $50-150k
Average Bonus on a not so good year (2008, 2009) : $20-$100k

Hope that helps.

For those in banks, use a factor of 1.5 to 2 times for the above

yaj

Unregistered 12-04-2011 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 9508)
Working for major bunker traders like - HL, OWB, Chemoil -

Junior Trader (up to 3 years exp) : 4-6k base pmth
Senior Trader : 6 - 10k base pmth

Average Bonus on good year (2006, 07, 10) : $50-150k
Average Bonus on a not so good year (2008, 2009) : $20-$100k

Hope that helps.

For those in banks, use a factor of 1.5 to 2 times for the above

yaj

Yaj,

Where can I apply for the position?

Unregistered 28-07-2011 03:30 PM

you can apply to any Bunker companies but of course they need at least 2-3 years of experience as a bunker trader

wyf 12-01-2012 02:54 AM

Hey guys I have been looking for oil bunker job position for a long time . I have a few questions here . Hope I can get a ans here and know wat shld I do next .

I have been sending my resume to afew companies for bunker position . But none of them reply Issit true tat u need connection to be in their industry . My qualifications wasn't high Issit true tat qualifications is a must . I heard tat they don really mind abt qualifications , but seems tat its not easy to get this job . I have been trying very hard in order get this job, any sokution or tell me wat I shld do to in order to get this job . Thanks

Unregistered 12-01-2012 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wyf (Post 19683)
Hey guys I have been looking for oil bunker job position for a long time . I have a few questions here . Hope I can get a ans here and know wat shld I do next .

I have been sending my resume to afew companies for bunker position . But none of them reply Issit true tat u need connection to be in their industry . My qualifications wasn't high Issit true tat qualifications is a must . I heard tat they don really mind abt qualifications , but seems tat its not easy to get this job . I have been trying very hard in order get this job, any sokution or tell me wat I shld do to in order to get this job . Thanks

You are naive to the point of being cute.

Do you really think anyone is going to offer you a lucrative 6 to 7 figure salary job by randomly sending CVs around? You dont sound like you even know have the slightest clue what bunker trading is.

Unregistered 12-01-2012 11:34 AM

I have saw their job posting on afew recruitment companies .

Unregistered 17-01-2012 09:02 AM

Knew my cousin was doing well (but didn't know the numbers could be so good). she's been in the line for 6-7 years now with 2 years spent in HK. She brought her brother inside as well last year. Both are poly grads but went to AU to further studies because can't get a spot in local uni.

She did tell me that the bonus was really high (>1 year) but she didn't tell me about the base pay. Going to encourage my brother to take this route as well since it looks like 1 of the better path out from Poly.

Total compensation seems lower than bankers still though.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 9508)
Working for major bunker traders like - HL, OWB, Chemoil -

Junior Trader (up to 3 years exp) : 4-6k base pmth
Senior Trader : 6 - 10k base pmth

Average Bonus on good year (2006, 07, 10) : $50-150k
Average Bonus on a not so good year (2008, 2009) : $20-$100k

Hope that helps.

For those in banks, use a factor of 1.5 to 2 times for the above

yaj



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 09:45 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2