Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Factual Local Bank Salaries - DBS , UOB , OCBC (A commoner climbing up the ranks) (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/10418-factual-local-bank-salaries-dbs-united-overseas-bank-oversea-chinese-banking-corporation-commoner-climbing-up-ranks.html)

Unregistered 03-08-2022 12:06 PM

dbs taleo status change to offer administration

does it mean i shall have offer?

Unregistered 03-08-2022 01:57 PM

OCBC Offer Letter

Hi all, I interviewed with OCBC Bank 2 weeks back, and received a verbal offer from the HR last Thursday. The HR mentioned that she needs about two working days for the team to prepare the Offer Letter. Today is the 3rd working day and I have not received anything from her yet. I even sent her an email last night but she has not replied nor called me.

I do have some other offers and have to get back to them by end of this week, but I am rather keen with OCBC. Can anyone share if they have been through similar experience, and what is the normal turnaround time for the Offer letter to be sent for OCBC? TIA

Unregistered 03-08-2022 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 227289)
dbs taleo status change to offer administration

does it mean i shall have offer?

Yes, when I was waiting for DBS’s Offer too, the status had changed to this. They should get back to you within 3-4 working days. When the status changed I called the HR and she told me she sent the Package for Approval to the Head of HR, so now waiting for his approval and then can offer. I received a really good package, even more that what I had asked for.

All the best!

Unregistered 03-08-2022 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 227298)
Yes, when I was waiting for DBS’s Offer too, the status had changed to this. They should get back to you within 3-4 working days. When the status changed I called the HR and she told me she sent the Package for Approval to the Head of HR, so now waiting for his approval and then can offer. I received a really good package, even more that what I had asked for.

All the best!

so after 3 days they finally they call you for offer first? then email you for the offer letter?

i dont really expect an offer more that what i asked, since the hr interview asked about the bottom line of the salary.

thx again

Unregistered 03-08-2022 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 227304)
so after 3 days they finally they call you for offer first? then email you for the offer letter?

i dont really expect an offer more that what i asked, since the hr interview asked about the bottom line of the salary.

thx again

Yes, on the 3rd day she called me in the evening and informed me about the offer. I received the offer letter on that day itself. It’s through the DBS Taleo page also, and then you can click on whether you accept or decline the offer. After which DBS’s on boarding team will email you for more details and post-employment checks and some admin stuff, like your staff pass photo, bank account details and reference details.

Unregistered 03-08-2022 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 227308)
Yes, on the 3rd day she called me in the evening and informed me about the offer. I received the offer letter on that day itself. It’s through the DBS Taleo page also, and then you can click on whether you accept or decline the offer. After which DBS’s on boarding team will email you for more details and post-employment checks and some admin stuff, like your staff pass photo, bank account details and reference details.

thanks a lot
then i shall expect no news this week then

how long was the 1st interview to offer in your case?

my 1st interview was on 5/7, almost one month now
is it normal with DBS?

Unregistered 03-08-2022 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 227265)
I think quite junior. I’m avp4 with 6 yoe also considered junior

How did you obtain AVP4 within 6 years? U came in from elsewhere?

Unregistered 03-08-2022 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 227310)
thanks a lot
then i shall expect no news this week then

how long was the 1st interview to offer in your case?

my 1st interview was on 5/7, almost one month now
is it normal with DBS?

Mine took about a three weeks. I heard and understand from my colleagues too that DBS HR normally processes applications quite fast, unless there’s some issues with your clearance.

Unregistered 03-08-2022 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 227314)
Mine took about a three weeks. I heard and understand from my colleagues too that DBS HR normally processes applications quite fast, unless there’s some issues with your clearance.

just accepted the offer and come to reply here.

Thanks a lot for your replies mate. Have a good day.

Unregistered 03-08-2022 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 227316)
just accepted the offer and come to reply here.

Thanks a lot for your replies mate. Have a good day.

Congrats man! All the best in DBS. You’ll love it. It’s a really good place to learn and grow, with great benefits.