Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Factual Local Bank Salaries - DBS , UOB , OCBC (A commoner climbing up the ranks) (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/10418-factual-local-bank-salaries-dbs-united-overseas-bank-oversea-chinese-banking-corporation-commoner-climbing-up-ranks.html)

Unregistered 04-07-2022 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 224474)
Hi all,
How much to expect for a VP level role in DBS. I have more than 12 years of relevant experience

This is for data science.

Unregistered 06-07-2022 06:13 AM

Quote:

Hi all,
How much to expect for a VP level role in DBS. I have more than 12 years of relevant experience

About $8/hr? Maybe $9 after you include tips?

Unregistered 06-07-2022 09:55 AM

All the local banks all ATAS one..
I think i got rejected for most of my interviews with local banks.
I have more than 15yrs exp, 8yrs in GIC, 7 yrs in international bank.
Somehow all my interview experiences with local banks really bad. Always get beaten down like you are worthless and they are the "crème de la crème".

No offense, DBS was the worst.. i recalled one the top investment head told me off said i know nothing.. -.-"

Unregistered 07-07-2022 06:47 AM

Hi is Dbs senior associate 6k base salary per mth reasonable for MO?

Unregistered 07-07-2022 06:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 224579)
All the local banks all ATAS one..
I think i got rejected for most of my interviews with local banks.
I have more than 15yrs exp, 8yrs in GIC, 7 yrs in international bank.
Somehow all my interview experiences with local banks really bad. Always get beaten down like you are worthless and they are the "crème de la crème".

No offense, DBS was the worst.. i recalled one the top investment head told me off said i know nothing.. -.-"

with that many years of experience, it's funny that you even bothered with local banks instead of just going straight to

JP Morgan, GS, etc

any particular reason? dont tell me some BS like "oh i sinkie so SG pride, go local company", lmfao we all know how much JP Morgan pays compared to DBS in literally every role

Unregistered 11-07-2022 12:00 PM

Providing data points for DBS MO
Analyst - <$3.5k
Left DBS
Rejoined DBS with exactly 3 yrs of experience as SA - $6k
Local uni FCH, no NS

Unregistered 11-07-2022 02:37 PM

Local bank culture pretty much the same as Japanese banks

If you are not an “insider” or when u are in junior roles, they push you around like you are the dog in the family that need to flatter everyone. And they pay you like sh*t. Not happy? U go lah, always will have beta yes yes man joining

The asian bully culture is really toxic. Even in US banks there are definitely bamboo ceilings but at least they pay u fairly

Unregistered 11-07-2022 08:24 PM

Quote:

Hi all,

170k to 180k tc, for a tech VP

Unregistered 11-07-2022 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 225100)
170k to 180k tc, for a tech VP

Thank you, does this include the annual bonus. If not, how much is the bonus typically.

Unregistered 12-07-2022 07:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 225106)
Thank you, does this include the annual bonus. If not, how much is the bonus typically.

Tc means all in, including bonus