Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Factual Local Bank Salaries - DBS , UOB , OCBC (A commoner climbing up the ranks) (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/10418-factual-local-bank-salaries-dbs-united-overseas-bank-oversea-chinese-banking-corporation-commoner-climbing-up-ranks.html)

Unregistered 31-05-2020 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 136048)
would you guys rather do BB BO or local bank FO?

Local bank Corp banking FO>BB BO>Local bank consumer banking FO>Local bank BO. The reason why BB BO is better than local bank consumer banking FO is because covid has fked up the consumer banking RMs, who earn based on commission. Ordinarily, FO beats BO anytime and regardless of BB or local. This is because BO anywhere is a dead end, especially ops. It is very difficult to move out of BO to MO or FO, the skill sets required are just too different. Heck you don't even need much skill in BO, it's mostly data entry and processing work, brainless af.

Unregistered 31-05-2020 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 136058)
Local bank Corp banking FO>BB BO>Local bank consumer banking FO>Local bank BO. The reason why BB BO is better than local bank consumer banking FO is because covid has fked up the consumer banking RMs, who earn based on commission. Ordinarily, FO beats BO anytime and regardless of BB or local. This is because BO anywhere is a dead end, especially ops. It is very difficult to move out of BO to MO or FO, the skill sets required are just too different. Heck you don't even need much skill in BO, it's mostly data entry and processing work, brainless af.

BB BO walks in to any local bank FO (esp sales role in Corp/consumer) easily.

BB BO walks into Local MO/BO + 1-2 levels up

Anw BO/MO is very blurred now because there are lots of peeps there doing project mgmt work

sinkingfeeling 01-06-2020 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 136058)

No fish prawn also good :(

As long as it's not a manual labour job, cannot complain :(

Unregistered 01-06-2020 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sinkingfeeling (Post 136100)
No fish prawn also good :(

As long as it's not a manual labour job, cannot complain :(

ok sinkingfeeling :(

Unregistered 01-06-2020 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 136053)
Source? Your should not convincing la

Hi I am from GS Ops, starting pay was 4.4k for last year's grads. This year I heard is 4.6k

Unregistered 01-06-2020 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 136053)
Source? Your should not convincing la

Worked in a BB, can confirm. Close to 5, but not 5. Anyway I urge all of you to really think about the job scope instead of the brand name. I guarantee you in the long run, working as FO is better than BO, even if you’re doing BO in GS or MS.

I regret joining the BO, gonna do masters now to try to rebrand.

Unregistered 01-06-2020 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 136059)
BB BO walks in to any local bank FO (esp sales role in Corp/consumer) easily.

BB BO walks into Local MO/BO + 1-2 levels up

Anw BO/MO is very blurred now because there are lots of peeps there doing project mgmt work

YA... BB BO CAN WALK INTO LOCAL FO, IF THE LOCAL BANK IS YOUR FATHER OPEN ONE. LOL. Joke of the fkn century

Unregistered 01-06-2020 05:25 PM

What are the chances for a BB MO to move into a local bank IB FO?

Or no hope already?

Unregistered 01-06-2020 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 136143)
YA... BB BO CAN WALK INTO LOCAL FO, IF THE LOCAL BANK IS YOUR FATHER OPEN ONE. LOL. Joke of the fkn century

You do realise that any tom dick and harry can do a sales role as mentioned above (consumer/coporate banking) right?

Dont talk about local banks, even BBs (eg. Citi) you want do sales (consumer/corporate banking) also easy.

Jokes on you, don't get mad.

Unregistered 01-06-2020 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 136141)
Worked in a BB, can confirm. Close to 5, but not 5. Anyway I urge all of you to really think about the job scope instead of the brand name. I guarantee you in the long run, working as FO is better than BO, even if you’re doing BO in GS or MS.

I regret joining the BO, gonna do masters now to try to rebrand.

once BO, forever BO.

because your skill sets are not relevant to FO.

so to those saying BB BO > local bank FO, should really FO. as in GTFO