Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Project Manager in Construction Company (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1033-project-manager-construction-company.html)

sosad 27-09-2010 04:49 PM

Project Manager in Construction Company

Good Day Everybody,

I am new here. I would like to ask about Project Manager's pay in construction industry as I find it is particularly low compare to other.

Please consider,
Industry: Construction
Company: Local SME (Contractor)
Title: Project Manager
Experience: 10years

Monthly Basic salary: $4.5k + allowance $250
Annual income hardly reach 65k after bonus.

I think I am underpaid. How is the pay for a Project Manager of similar profile, especially in MNC? What is the prospect of me moving to MNC (and higher pay)?

Thanks in advance your time and contribution.

Unregistered 28-09-2010 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sosad (Post 7451)
Good Day Everybody,

I am new here. I would like to ask about Project Manager's pay in construction industry as I find it is particularly low compare to other.

Please consider,

I think I am underpaid. How is the pay for a Project Manager of similar profile, especially in MNC? What is the prospect of me moving to MNC (and higher pay)?

I'm a project manager as well, but in Information Technology. 11years experience, annual salary around 180K excluding bonus

Unregistered 28-09-2010 09:20 PM

I think you are underpaid.

Project Engineers (in construction) are paid even higher than what you are getting, depending on which company you join.

Unregistered 15-12-2010 08:45 AM

underpaid

time to ask for a raise. i just was hired in Virginia as a construction project manager with 65k, truck, insurance, phone, computer, plus they flew me up once for the interview and once for working. working on having our relocation expenses paid for.

dryden28 15-12-2010 11:44 AM

I'm wondering if for example, the TS decide the quit the company to join another, the new company;s hr will definitly ask for his current pay. Will it hinder him from getting paid what he is really worth?

Unregistered 15-12-2010 08:03 PM

to ur local sme company, u r already overpaid.

u shud look at the kind n scale of the projects u r undertaking, and compare relatively.

switching company could be a wiser choice for a start.

Unregistered 08-01-2011 12:43 PM

Project Manager (Construction)
Based in Dubai
$300K SGD PA (Accommodation, Transportation all paid for. Bonuses not included)
5 years experience
Mid 30s

I'm lucky.
'cos to be a Project Manager in Singapore, I need to clock at least 10 years in the construction industry

Luckily I chose to work overseas where they recognize that talents do not just come in the number of years clocked, unlike Singapore.

Unregistered 18-06-2011 04:50 PM

Quote:

Good Day Everybody,

Please consider,

This is extremely low pay for a project manager. I am also working as a project manager in the local construction industry and my pay is $9,360 basic.

I seldom hear of project managers in the construction industry working for a main contractor getting paid less then $6,500 basic nowadays.

Unregistered 18-06-2011 10:29 PM

i just read today straitimes dated 18jun2011

it stated:

FT project manager in construction are cheaper and are getting minimum $5000/mth.

SG/Local project manager in construction are more expensive and are getting between $6000-$7000/mth

TS is really under paid with just $4500/mth

Unregistered 07-08-2011 09:09 PM

Quote:

Good Day Everybody,

Please consider,

It really depends on how capable you are as a project manager, and also the financial health and size of the SME you work for.

I work for a local SME as a project manager (main contractor), and I am paid closed to $SGD130,000 per annum before bonus. After factoring in my anticipated bonus, my pay for this year will be closed to $SGD200,000.

But I have proven my capability and worth to the company for quite a number of years, and I am getting what I deserve.